It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Combinations that you Never Tell Anyone You Like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Crunchy peanut butter, bacon and cheese sandwiches on lightly toasted bread.....you can add jelly, mustard or even banana if you are feeling brave.

The peanut butter and bacon combo sounds off, but I assure you it is a perfect match.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let's see

Mrs. Butterworth's Maple syrup on any ice cream(especially vanilla)
Mrs. Butterworth's Maple syrup on cereal
Real maple syrup on eggs
Fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Chili and scrambled egg pizza
Chili w/ polish sausage omlette
Skittles and sprite

I've also been known to eat packets of hot chocolate mix.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wow you sound like my bf with the Italian dressing : ) he will drink it out of the bottle when using it. I just look at him in awe..lol If he likes it that is his business...

For me I love putting lays chips on my pbj's : ) it is very tasty

I also like to dunk Doritos(the original ones) in my milk! I dropped one in milk once and loved how it tasted so I do it all the time....I too love dill/garlic pickles and I will drink the juice! I like to make spicy mustard and pepper jack cheese sandwiches : ) I eat peanuts daily and love milk.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Crunchy peanut butter, bacon and cheese sandwiches on lightly toasted bread.....you can add jelly, mustard or even banana if you are feeling brave.

The peanut butter and bacon combo sounds off, but I assure you it is a perfect match.

OMG that sounds so delicious! Crunchy pb mmmmm with lightly toasted bread...ok I am making this later and I will more than likely try a banana on it since I like pb banana sammies : )

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

mmmm popcorn..I like to put garlic powder or old bay on it...seriously it tastes yummy

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
OMG

I dip my french fries in my vanilla Frosty from wendy's....oooh I love it

If I have corn and mashed potatoes it takes all of 10 seconds for them to be mixed up with the gravy

Pretzels and sprite...dunno why

but for me...a french fryin a frosty...mmmm

heavenly :-p

-Kyo

I always dip my fries in my vanilla shake or frosty - outstanding.

Corn & mashed potatoes (and turkey & gravy) always get mixed together. This may, in fact, be in my top 5 favorite meals.

Pretzles & Coke is good - I'll have to try Sprite. Sounds good though.

Years ago in my bachelor days, my friends wife made something she called "hot hamburgers". I don't know why she called them hot as they were not at all spicy, but anyway it was a plain hamburger patty on a bun with mayo and dill relish only. She cut it in half and plopped some mashed potatoes in between the halves and covered the whole thing with brown gravy. Absolutely fantastic. I finally got my wife and kids to try it a few weeks back and, although hesitant to try it, they all ended up loving it.

Sometimes at my house when no one feels like cooking we have what we call a free for all for dinner. That just means make something for yourself. Anyway, last night we had a free for all and I grabbed some ham, swiss, leftover bacon and sliced up some leftover fried chicken hearts and then put it all between buttered bread and had a grilled ham, swiss, bacon and heart sandwich. I will be doing that again if we ever have that combination of leftovers laying around.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by BlackOps719

OMG that sounds so delicious! Crunchy pb mmmmm with lightly toasted bread...ok I am making this later and I will more than likely try a banana on it since I like pb banana sammies : )

That combo with the banana sounds great.

I have seen that both Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern have tried cheeseburgers with peanut butter on them. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds tasty.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I haven't had one in absolutely ages, but I remember hugely enjoying a chocolate spread sandwich, with ice cream and salted crisps in it..

Maaaan that was good....

And putting pepper in coffee really gives it some punch!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
mmmmmm some of this stuff sounds yummy.

I like fries dipped in ranch or mayo and ketchup mixed up
white sticky rice with tuna and soysauce
white sticky rice with cinnamon butter and sugar
ramen with spam
avacado sandwitches with mayo tomato and alfalfa sprouts
oysters any way and all ways raw is my fav
liverwurst sandwitches with mayo on toast
cottage cheese with canned peaches
grilled pnut butter & jelly sandwitches are really good too
I think thats all pretty tame. My mom use to eat the cream filling out of a twinkie and put a vienna sausage in it and eat it that way.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190

My mom use to eat the cream filling out of a twinkie and put a vienna sausage in it and eat it that way.

Good lord!! That sounds awful.

Did she fill it with the vienna sausage jelly too?

(gag reflex kicks in)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

no just the sausage. It does sound pretty bad. but she liked it she was pregnant at the time though I don't think she'd eat that now.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I once covered a KFC fillet in peanut butter and ate it as a dare, was ok but never did it again, and on the same night I dipped scotch eggs in a chocolate fountain also as a dare, lets just say chocolate and scotch eggs are not very good partners

A thing I love which always gets frowns is to have steak and mushrooms covered in malt vinegar, it's gorgeous! loved it since I was little

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

Soup packets RAW! [i.e. uncooked and straight from the packet!
]

Chicken Noodle.

French Onion.

Tomatoe [not my fav
]

Stock cubes RAW [i.e. as above!]

Chicken.

Beef.

Vegetable.

Prawn.

Bonox cubes [they are huge!]

Bovril [Raw with a spoon]

I also drink salad dressings by the bottle...

French.

Greek.

Italian.

Balsamic Italian.

Condiments Various....

Handfulls of salt and pepper mixed.

Crushed garlic, tomatoe sauce and either wostershire sauce or soy sauce!

RAW brown onion dipped in above shlosh on no name tasty cheese and any savoury biscuit with tuna and swilled down with Blend 43 and a drag on a 12mg tar ciggy!

Dutch Curry with Vegemite.

Vegemite, Peanut Butter and Honey on toast [sometimes with cheese!]

Milo and Bunderburg Rum! [inspired by Ellens Chocolate Thunder cocktail. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid OK!
unless you want to
]

I like a LOT of different curries with soy sauce.

Personal Disclosure: I have an average tachycardia of 100 bpm and will die horribly from some heart/lung problem etc for sure.

P.S. I usually have several large glasses of both water and milk PLUS my coffee when I eat the above for flavours sake and not for sustenance.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I used to eat raw ramen (crunched up, with the packet sprinkled in, into a ziploc bag) all the time....

Wouldn't touch it now (raw), but for years, it was my snack food of choice...

However, make Ramen noodles (chicken) normally, but then add a pouch of Lipton's Cup-A-Soup (chicken noodle) and some seasoning salt, and damn that's yummy.....

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I like to crumble up chichironies, put em in a bowl and sprinkle on bleu cheese and douse with malt vineger. Eaten with chopsticks and washed down with Bud lite.

chichironies are crispy fried pig guts, sold everywhere here in the Land of Enchantment.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I used to eat raw ramen (crunched up, with the packet sprinkled in, into a ziploc bag) all the time....

Hahahaha me too!!!! It was a great poor mans snack for us!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
~mumbles quietly~

Blue cheese and smoked oysters on garlic bread.

~waddles off~

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This thread got me thinking of my father . He got so tierd of cats coming in his yard he went out ,and got himself a bb gun .I remember coming in one day ,and a slow cooker was laid out. Me and my sister started eating it .We were like wow this is some good 'barbeque pork ". The old man comes in ,and he's asking us so how do we like the crock pot barbequed squirrel's ...Now i feel strange mentioning to why he got the bb gun.. jk No cats where hurt...

[edit on 30-1-2010 by starynight]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My favs are

Ranch dressing on everything from potatoes to pizza to chicken

sour cream on popcorn

combination of reeses peanutbutter cups with dill pickles and Big Red (Texans will know what drink that is) similar to Red Flash

sons fav till he finally learned to cook was ramen noodles on flour tortillas with cayenne pepper...

Casing

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I like Russian dressing on a ham sandwich.

But not those no taste preselected ham from the market.

A ham that has been cooked in an oven and then sliced,thick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join