It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST surrender

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational
I can't read posts like this because, as a literate person, Gibberish is like a foreign language that only borrows from American English. I'm sure you had a point but it was lost in translation.

Dude, I'm sure you can just as easily type "are" as "r." The first letter of every sentence is capitalized and a period or question mark goes at the end of the sentence.

You should use Mozilla Firefox. It has a built-in spell checker that underlines misspelled words as you type! It is brilliant.

Edit: On the internet some bad grammar and misspellings is excusable to a large extent, but when every word is misspelled and there aren't even clear sentences with subjects and predicates, it is not easily deciphered.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by spaznational]

So, is it your opinion that ATS should have a policy of exclusion for people who are Dyslexic, or below a certain level of formal education, English language and spelling capability?

This is a discussion forum, all the richer for contributers from a variety of backgrounds and abilities. The op is holding a reasonable enough discussion, on a topic which is obviously interesting enough that others are participating. Others, including myself are managing to follow what the op is saying. I find the topic to be valid and relevent in these difficult times.

Your post was about grammar and spellchecking. Off topic! Instead of negative criticism, learn social skills before coming on to a social networking site.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

same here except he is spelling wrong on purpose!
what do you want us to think?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by bluewaterservant]

[edit on 16-5-2009 by bluewaterservant]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
So, is it your opinion that ATS should have a policy of exclusion for people who are Dyslexic, or below a certain level of formal education, English language and spelling capability?

As is written below EVERY new POST

Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Originally posted by spaznational
I can't read posts like this because, as a literate person, Gibberish is like a foreign language that only borrows from American English. I'm sure you had a point but it was lost in translation.

Dude, I'm sure you can just as easily type "are" as "r." The first letter of every sentence is capitalized and a period or question mark goes at the end of the sentence.

You should use Mozilla Firefox. It has a built-in spell checker that underlines misspelled words as you type! It is brilliant.

Edit: On the internet some bad grammar and misspellings is excusable to a large extent, but when every word is misspelled and there aren't even clear sentences with subjects and predicates, it is not easily deciphered.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by spaznational]

This is a discussion forum, all the richer for contributers from a variety of backgrounds and abilities. The op is holding a reasonable enough discussion, on a topic which is obviously interesting enough that others are participating. Others, including myself are managing to follow what the op is saying. I find the topic to be valid and relevent in these difficult times.

Your post was about grammar and spellchecking. Off topic! Instead of negative criticism, learn social skills before coming on to a social networking site.

Thanks for responding with your asinine leftist rhetoric. Of course I don't think ATS should have an exclusion policy. How did you jump to the conclusion that I would support such a policy? I'm not following your logic here. You can post in Swahili but don't expect anyone to be able to read it.

Let me borrow your leftist logic for a moment: You value diversity like I value adequate sentence structure. So, do you support a policy of ATS racial/ethnic quotas? Maybe ATS should set membership limits based on population density of regions so there could be a geographic quota. (We don't want one region more represented than another because that would limit diversity.)

You may note, for irony, the grammatical error in my "Edit" sentence.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
yes...there is evil ... but really...the evil come frm the humans ... not aliens ... dont try to justify the poor (snip) that live here

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by insider15
has any one else heard of the phrase " dividid and conquuer!??? look at this planet..it got invadeded years centeurs millina ago!!!! the ruling powewr r aliens!!!!!! they r feeding us rubbish to keep us gulliable humans intrerstesed and diverted they r fueling r pety religoius and race wars to stop us relising who the real enemy is!!! look at any real history!!!! a conquerying army never really wins!!! but a power that controls and divides the poplulation can kep control so long as the poplualtion keeps fighting itself.....WAKE UP PEOPLE SO LONG AS WE KEEP FIGHT OUR SELVES OVER PETY RELIGOUS BELIEFS THAT COME FROM THIS LITTLE ROCK THEN WE CANT BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND THE REAL THREAT THAT COMES FROM ABOVE!!!!

Yeah, it's the aliens. It's just that there's nothing you can do about it.
The cops love these folks, and they love that you can't do anything because they get to say "it's a crazy person" and pull out the taser. Add in the insane amounts of mind control they're under, and them aliens must give them a feel good feeling that's like no other.

You can't fight folks that use mind control and can appear anywhere and do anything. They've even got the folks that look just like us to chase us around and torment us at will.

It's a no win situation when it's the aliens.

p.s. That alien that's causing most of the trouble around here has an insignia that looks like an "eye" shape, and there's multiple variations on it. Just so you know.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Due to the high amount of off-topic posts, this thread is currently closed pending staff review.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join