It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa woman stops armed carjacker with her own gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The woman, who only wants to be identified as Adrianna, pulled out her own gun. "I just leaned forward and punched him in the forehead with my gun," she said. The man "screamed like a girl and almost dropped his gun" as he ran away, she added.
source

Proof that guns can save your life, even if you don't use it to take someone's. This brave lady smacked an aspiring carjacker in the head with her sidearm and sent him running away, screaming like a girl! Good for her!

We must never allow our Second Amendment right to be infringed upon. I shudder to think where would this woman be right now, if not for her gun.

TA

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Yes, more stories like this need to be published. But, you hear more of the stories of how guns need to be taken off the streets. I can see that point to a degree, but imagine a young 20 yr. old female getting jacked by a 270 lb. guy, she really has no defense but to pull out her gun.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
But, this was a woman that knew how to use her gun.

Just because you have a gun, does not mean you know how to use it.....

This is an example of a lucky woman..... if you are ready to brandish your firearm, you better be ready to use it.

Luckily the perpetrator from this story was not... so the woman got off lucky.

I have 3 guns... if you ever see any one of them, it will be the last sight you do see...

Most of the time, firearms give people a false sense of protection, knowing how to properly use said firearm can alleviate that.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Exactly. These types of stories get buried in favor of the more alarmist articles on wanton gun violence and i think there's an agenda behind that. What that agenda doesn't consider is the people who would otherwise be at the mercy of any determined thug, if they didn't have a gun.

TA

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Most of the time, firearms give people a false sense of protection, knowing how to properly use said firearm can alleviate that.

Very true. If you can foresee yourself in a situation where you might have to use a gun, you definitely should prepare for that with training.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Yes, I should have elaborated on my post. I was thinking a woman that knows her gun, not just any blow Joe off the street with a weapon.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Part of my work entails firearm instruction for people looking to acquire concealed carry permits.....let's just put it this way, I run into quite a few who have NO business walking the streets with a sharp pen, let alone a loaded firearm....CC is not for everyone

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

On the other hand, (and not to downplay your point, as it is very valid) the same could be said for anything anyone intends to use as a defensive device. A can of pepper spray, a knife, or whatever your weapon of choice is, could be taken from you and used against you if you aren't properly trained to handle it.

I'm just glad the lady is safe, and proud of her for having the testicular fortitude to stand up to that guy.

TA

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Haha i wonder if she screamed "IM RICK JAMES SNITCH" before she slapped him with her gun.

top topics

join