It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: CIA Chief Warned Israel Not to Bomb Iran in Secret Visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Report: CIA Chief Warned Israel Not to Bomb Iran in Secret Visit

www.foxnews.com

The director of the CIA was recently sent on a secret mission to Israel to warn its leaders not to launch a surprise attack on Iran without notifying the Obama administration, the Times of London reported on Thursday.

FOX News could not immediately confirm the report.

As Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, prepares to visit Washington, it emerged on Thursday that Leon Panetta went to Israel two weeks ago. He sought assurances from Netanyahu and Ehud Barak, the defense minister, that their hawkish new government would not attack Iran without alerting Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Is the cat out of the bag here?

It's unconfirmed yet it may be whats been going on in backroom negotiations. Israel is more than capable of carrying this out. I'm not sure they and everybody else involved wants to face the possible political fall out.

In one hand we Obama pressing palms and in another situation he may know that the Hammer may fall any day. This and whats going on in Pakistan I say it may be time to do a quick inventory of your food and ammo stock piles.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Leon Panetta's mission to stop Israel bombing Iranian nuclear plant

America’s spy chief was sent on a secret mission to Israel to warn its leaders not to launch a surprise attack on Iran without notifying the US Administration.

As Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister, prepares to visit Washington, it emerged yesterday that Leon Panetta, the head of the CIA, went to Israel two weeks ago. He sought assurances from Mr Netanyahu and Ehud Barak, the Defence Minister, that their hawkish new Government would not attack Iran without alerting Washington

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Interesting outcome, so now its Iran's move on the chess board

By the way, i know the lower photo is an F16 but the one above it , is that a skyhawk ?

Just notice the 3 external tanks on the F16, do not know what the external wing pods are. Are they current photos or from some archive

[edit on 15-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I think those are more fuel pods. I think they have been practicing for extreme long distance missions. That's a very long attack flight for fighters and they wont have the midair refueling abilities in route.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by tristar

I think those are more fuel pods. I think they have been practicing for extreme long distance missions. That's a very long attack flight for fighters and they wont have the midair refueling abilities in route.

Would that be the extremely long flight over Iraq which would require US air codes?

I have a question.
If these guys are such good spies and secret service people, how come we find out about it in the news?

Isn't a secret meant to be kept quiet?

Do hese CIA people have a little suitcase with SPY written on the side?
and a little briefcase with secret documents written on the side.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by munkey66]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

That's why the story is
Unconfirmed.

When you said that it reminded me of the old Spy vs Spy cartoons.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Almost 1 year to date, but you should remember this :

More than 100 IAF F-16 and F-15 fighter jets took part in the exercise, which was carried out over the eastern Mediterranean and over Greece, the officials quoted by the New York Times said.

The drill also included IAF rescues helicopters, continued the officials, adding that the helicopters and refueling tankers flew more than 900 miles, which is approximately the distance between Israel and Iran's uranium enrichment plant at Natanz.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

to be honest.
The whole thing reminds me of the Spy v's Spy.
neither can continue without the other.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

They will have to fight their way in and out then it will be very critical to be refueled immediately after the attack either that or they'll ditch in the gulf.

Either way it's going to cost Israel some hardware maybe that's why they are practicing with some slightly older jets?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh its a guarantee that they will have loses, either through mechanical failure or enemy fire, how ever what that article has failed to mention is that several planes landed in Crete were the U.S. and NATO have a a little room there(hehe). Its those minor details that somehow never end up being published.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yeah I know.
My son is stationed on one of those little known bases.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yes and they have wonderful beaches

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I was also wondering how this story ended up on MSM. Even if it's going to be printed as uncomfermed you don't leak a "secret" mission like this. So my question would be why they decided to leak this information. If I was in charge and something like this accidentally leaked something like this then somebody would be fired.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is what piss's me right the "F" off big time, freaking major coronary conniption gone ape $hit!

Not that Iran isn't worried enough about spies and or other covert agents infiltrating and operating in the area. Now they know we have assets in the target Israeli areas!

No don't bomb Iran, until we get our guys out of the threat zone that is. Don't go bombing with out telling because we don't want our guys getting greased. I'm sure their are others reasons...

I took a few breaths, but sending the SPY CHIEF to ensure some thing is a bit tipping your hand too far. Accident or purposely leaked it don't matter, because the asset's we have in Iran indigenous or US are at risk. Because if we have assets their and Iran wasn't looking they are now, and if we didn't we wont get any in.

Will it matter though if there in no more Iran left....

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I believe the number your looking for is from 1-40, but this is old news, in a normal situation its around 10. But as you pointed out, yes, they have placed unwanted danger on particular people who have been sleepers and gathering intel. Its why he was sent over to inform them that, "hey chill the f@ck out", lets not forget that the u.s. is the back bone in support and logistics to israel and many other nations who so dearly value war or peace.

Although people have a miss conception about israeli methods of espionage and battle plans, they fail to see that other than fighting civilian militia or limited military opponents they have not actively engaged in major wars across the world. That is the fundamental difference when a super power goes to war and some regional power goes to war.

The cards are on the table and what all sides either directly or indirectly are discussing with both sides is, who far are you willing to support your boys. When that clears up, is when it will begin. Remember, war is a business and do not think of it as otherwise.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

No don't bomb Iran, until we get our guys out of the threat zone that is. Don't go bombing with out telling because we don't want our guys getting greased. I'm sure their are others reasons...

I took a few breaths, but sending the SPY CHIEF to ensure some thing is a bit tipping your hand too far.

See this is exactly the kind of thing I have been suspicious of for over the past few months really. Talk about telegraphing a punch.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I see all this as nothing but political theatre to help nudge up the price of oil on the futures markets.

While the testosterone laden and religiously bent ideologues and xenophobes salivate every time Middle East nations beat their war drums, the oil speculators salivate more with dollar signs in their eyes.

Ultimately gasoline consumers around the world pay a penny or two more for gallon each time one the chiefs thump their chest and come out with their war paint on.

Consumers will be paying dollars more for gallon though if an Israel/Iran war comes to pass.

Fortunately our economy is so strong and we are making so much money its little burden here on us in America when this happens and gasoline prices skyrocket on worries about supplies and delivery on behalf of jittery investors.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Whats really sad is that people don't see whats going on. Most don't even care as long as they can fill up and only when it climbs back up will they look up and say...

What happened?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Whats really sad is that people don't see whats going on. Most don't even care as long as they can fill up and only when it climbs back up will they look up and say...

What happened?

The sad reality is my friend that people don't understand by and large the ellements of class warfare and how their own strongly held beliefs can so easily be used against them.

An angry, frustrated, and poor society is always looking to vent it's frustrations on something or someone, somewhere.

People seldom stop to think of the consequence of indulging those feelings in ways that don't seem all that hurtful but work out great for the Chinese, Wal-Mart, Exxon, Toyota and the corrupt politicians and media who create the political theatre to enflame and exploit their passions.

It was the very high oil prices last summer driven up by speculators fleeing the housing and stock bubbles that forced many lower income households over the brink from barely being able to afford their economic obligations in to flat out having to give up trying just to keep gas in the car to get back and forth to work.

Iran might loose big, but the big loosers in America will be the increasingly poorer middle class and the increasingly poorer poverty class when they go to fuel up at the pumps for months to come shelling out more and more cash that they just don't have or afford for a vital commodity that skyrockets in price in concordunce with the endless dramas of Middle East Politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join