It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like GOLD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I mean really like it?

I do.

So does this guy, apparently:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf5d70d11abb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Who is "this guy"?

I prefer silver myself, I find gold rather "tacky".

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Who is "this guy"?

I prefer silver myself, I find gold rather "tacky".

I have no idea. I got that picture a number of years ago from a gold investor who identified himself only as "mark" and claimed that was his sub-basement...if so he's sitting on a cool half billion at least.
Ain't nothing "tacky" about that...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Oooohhh golden bricks, you could make a nice golden house with those

I think when he said gold was tacky, i think he meant in the bling kind of way...jewellery ect. i'm not fond of its colour - i prefer white gold - or even better - platinum

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm a silver fan myself. It makes me go "oooh" "aaahhhh" I have gold, but my silver gets waaaay more wear time. EBay is killing my budget!!! If anyone wants my favorite site for absolutely gorgeous pieces~ U2 me

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That's a lot of gold.
I bet just being in that basement is an orgasmic experience.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If that guy has that much gold, how come its sitting in his basement rahter than say a bank?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wonder how that guy got away with keeping that much gold. He can't live in the United States.

It's illegal in this country to hoard gold.

www.the-privateer.com...

The Gold Confiscation Of April 5, 1933
From: President of the United States Franklin Delano Roosevelt
To: The United States Congress
Dated: 5 April, 1933
Presidential Executive Order 6102

Forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion and Gold Certificates By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 5(b) of the Act of October 6, 1917, as amended by Section 2 of the Act of March 9, 1933, entitled

An Act to provide relief in the existing national emergency in banking, and for other purposes~',

in which amendatory Act Congress declared that a serious emergency exists,

I, Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States of America, do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and pursuant to said section to do hereby prohibit the hoarding gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States by individuals, partnerships, associations and corporations and hereby prescribe the following regulations for carrying out the purposes of the order:

So in theory, this guy could be in a world of trouble by the feds for hoarding that much gold.

Not to say if I had the means I wouldn't do the same I'm just pointing out what the law states.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
If that guy has that much gold, how come its sitting in his basement rahter than say a bank?

Given the recent track record of the banking and financial world, I'd rather take my chances with a well-fortified sub-basement than hand over that much wealth to the incompetent crooks who run the megabanks.

I'm not kidding or being facetious, either. If you really did have that much gold, you could afford a VERY secure place to put it, and (provided its legal) I'd much rather keep the physical gold in my own hands than have a piece of paper from some governemnt-bailed-out, functionally insolvent bank with a one and a bunch of zeros on it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder how that guy got away with keeping that much gold. He can't live in the United States.

Huh. Interesting. I remember reading that FDR grabbed people's gold back in the day but I didn't realize the law was still in effect. I thought it was a temporary measure related to resolving the great depression. Guess not.

So how does the govt define "hoarding" ? How much is hoarding, and where/how do they draw the line?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Check again, that EO was rescinded by Ford:

The limitation on gold ownership in the U.S. was repealed after President Gerald Ford signed a bill legalizing private ownership of gold coins, bars and certificates by an act of Congress codified in Pub.L. 93-373 which went into effect December 31, 1974.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, there's precedent for the claim of power to do that again, should some sort of global meltdown or other economic emergency make it "necessary"....

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't like the look of gold as far as jewelry goes.
And as far as money goes, I never got the point. Gold is supposedly an inflation hedge and supposedly makes a good basis for a currency. But gold's value is only what humans say it is, just like the US Dollar.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Round Mountain Gold Corporation came to our Fall Festival and we got to pan gold for free! I panned about $20.00 worth.

So...................

If anyone doesn't like their dusty old gold
I'll take it off yer hands for free! lol

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Someone's pulling your leg and having a great time of it.

That gold is either in one of the gold mine refining plants of the world OR it's in Ft. Knox. Nobody has that much gold in their basement. Not unless their basement is in an industrial complex with enough room for forklifts to move the stuff around.

The layout looks wrong for Ft. Knox, so a better bet is that it's at a gold processing facility of one of the large gold mines (South Africa would be my bet.)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I only like white gold.

=(

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ohhhh. Ill take one brick please!

I use to only like silver but recently ive gotten into gold jewelry more.

top topics

join