It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Security Council Sits in an Eye of Providence (All Seeing Eye) ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I was just checking out the UN website and came across this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bccb962ad13a.jpg[/atsimg]

And this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e90ebf623ed8.jpg[/atsimg]

Okay, I may be reaching but it looks a little like the Eye of Providence.

Today, the Eye of Providence is usually associated with Freemasonry. The Eye first appeared as part of the iconography of the Freemasons in 1797, with the publication of Thomas Smith Webb's Freemasons Monitor.[3] Here, it represents the all-seeing eye of God and is a reminder that a Mason's thoughts and deeds are always observed by God (who is referred to in Masonry as the Grand Architect of the Universe). Typically, the Masonic Eye of Providence has a semi-circular glory below the eye—often the lowest rays extend farther down.

See this for more detail:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

ALL-SEEING EYE. An important symbol of the Supreme Being, borrowed by the Freemasons from the nations of antiquity. Both the Hebrews and the Egyptians appear to have derived its use from the natural inclination of figurative minds to select an organ as the symbol of the function which it is intended peculiarly to discharge. Thus, the foot was often adopted as the symbol of swiftness, the arm of strength, and the hand of fidelity. On the same principle, the open eye was selected as the symbol of watchfulness, and the eye of God as the symbol of Divine watchfulness and care of the universe. The use of the symbol in this sense is repeatedly to be found in the Hebrew writers.

Seeing as the UN was founded during the presidency of President Franklin D. Roosevelt who was supposedly a Freemason.

The name "United Nations", coined by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt, was first used in the "Declaration by United Nations" of 1 January 1942, during the Second World War, when representatives of 26 nations pledged their governments to continue fighting together against the Axis Powers.

www.un.org...

On October 11, 1911 Roosevelt was initiated into Freemasonry at Holland Lodge Nr. 8 in New York City.[10] Roosevelt was also present when his sons became Masons in 1933 and 1935.[11]

en.wikipedia.org...

So is it too big a leap to say the Security Council sits in an All Seeing Eye?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

[mod edit: fixed image]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by asala]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I would say that is relatively small leap.

good find
s+f

[edit on 5/15/09 by CSquared288]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am more inclined to see any round table as an expression that all parties are considered equals similar to that of King Arthur's round table.
You can also find several references to UN Security Council sessions with them being referred to as "Roundtables".
Respect is conveyed to high-ranking visitors by having them sit at the head of a rectangular table which is what I think the table inside the circle is for.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I never noticed that.
Whenever you see a variation on that "All seeing eye" insignia, it means something is up. It's like the insignia for some kind of alien or something.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder what that is a pic of on the wall in the background of second pic?

Can anyone enlarge it?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
impressive, most impressive !

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I noticed that too, I'll do some research when I get back from work and try and enlarge it, it looks very strange!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

"The mural painted by the Norwegian artist Per Krogh depicts a phoenix rising from its ashes, symbolic of the world reborn after World War II."

More info in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for that, you saved me the hassle!

Will check out the thread you suggested.

It still looks weird to me, will have a look for NWO/Freemason symbolism.

Peace, Kiwifoot.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e90ebf623ed8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bccb962ad13a.jpg[/atsimg]

Somehow these images got deleted from my album, kind of making the thread pointless! Might make more sense now!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

top topics

join