It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best thing money can not buy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Some totally spot on replies to the OP question,

Just to add a couple myself,

Enlightenment

Peace

Intelligence or Character

Certainty of anything after death.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

For me, it's Solitude. I can see all the psychological reasons why this is a need for me - I'm an only child and a loner. I need this time to replenish myself so I can better give to my family and to others. Solitude, especially found in nature, energizes me and brings balance to my hectic life.

I really find that to be part of my life as well. Well Spoken Whisper67.

Cool thread.

*Stars 4 everYone*

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Knowledge; true knowledge that is.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
With enough money, there is very, very little that you can't have.

Probably finding a soulmate is one of the few that no amount of money can buy. You can buy sex, friends, influence, and all sorts of things like that, but I don't think you can put a price on a true soulmate. You might be able to do more travelling and meet more people to increase your chances, but that's it.

The other thing I can think of is harder to describe, but somewhere along the lines of common sense/denying ignorance. You can get university degrees, sure, but you can still be a complete idiot with a PhD. This one comes simply from making a choice to keep an open mind and not deliberately being stupid, which can be done without any money at all.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The best thing (and possibly the only thing) money cannot buy?

Regular, satisfactory bowel movements.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I must say even on ats standards that is one of the most unexpected replies to a question I have read lol

Dont know whether to laugh or worry for you lol

Elf

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Requited love especially.
Nothing quite like the feeling it gives me, anyway. Nothing else really matters with it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nature is a wonderful thing, and you cant help but admire it.

To just take a break from your "city life" and sit down to admire the one thing we take for granted every day - just how beautiful the Earth and nature, really is.

It truly is beautiful.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good question....good answers.Most all of the answers can be bought though,even a "good bowel movement " I would have to say awareness.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks for everyones responses thus far, thought provoking indeed. Especially where it was said that almost everything these days CAN be bought for the right amount cash. True.

I give a thumbs up for piece of mind - although I find for me, it takes a large amount of cash to obtain that
Once all of my bills are taken care of, my family clothed and fed only then do I really have piece of mind.

I would like to offer one more: Integrity. No matter of your financial condition, you will be personally challenged in matters of finance and personal relationships to see if you do indeed hold this as a part of your personal value system and it can not be bought.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I have to agree about integrity.

I think it may be one of the main components to gaining peace of mind. It's hard to imagine being at peace with oneself without it.

And definitely having the money to pay all the bills helps a lot

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
For me it's Love and Friendship.

Love: When you want to be with this person forever. You would never leave this person because they understand they make you feel good, your invincible with them. To you they are the most beautiful person in the world. No physical emotion can describe the way you feel for them, no matter how many times you say "I love you", they will never really see fully how much you really do, but they know how much you really do, and they would do anything for you, you could trust them with anything.

Friendship: When your out at midnight when its -5C, trekking through mangroves, with mud up to your shins, making camp and going fishing with your best mate in the world and you feel that this person is a real friend. They will always be there for you, you can depend on them, go through anything with them and share the best moments of your life with them.

Those are put into my words what the most important things in the world are to me that money cant buy.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Celestial bodies,i think there is a UN law that states you cant buy other planets or lay claim to them.So the best thing would be the universe probably.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The best thing that money can't buy is a clear conscience...and I don't mean a clear conscience on EVERYTHING (I think people who profess that are almost always shallow self-deceivers, but, let them enjoy it, allright okay) but even a clear conscience on certain specific issues, is priceless...

Let's take the (seemingly anti-social and evil) example of a criminal, who has never snitched on anybody, even when it would have been very much to his advantage, even though he could have snitched on someone who he hated..."Never did, never will"...being right in your mind in this way can give you a certain radiant correctness that discerning others can instantly recognize, just from looking at your face...and I think that this clear-conscience-quality is the best thing that money can't buy...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Said best from braveheart "you can take my life, but you will never take my freedom" a importnat thing, while not totaly "free" it is important.

I think the best thing is 'the look' the look you get from a child, dose not judge you, dose not expect things, dose not realise you are a screw up half the time.. just looks up to you with admiration and love. In their eyes you are the best thing in the world..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The best thing (and possibly the only thing) money cannot buy?

Regular, satisfactory bowel movements.

Love it! But Asty, I suspect you've never purchased Matamucil. And that's not such a bad thing!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
A purrring cat laying on your chest when your trying to sleep.

Your kids in the kitchen arguing while they do the dishes [at least there at home safe]

Your dogs trampling in your garden.

Ah just living life without the expectations of perfection!!!!

This really brought a smile to my face, i'm going to go for a nice walk on the beach and suck in some sea air, you are right, it's the simple things in life, that are free, and special.

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Everybody has hit on all the good answers.

What do you think of "good taste"? Money can not buy good taste.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

You're being truthful.

The best thing we must now do is act toward abolishing money.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Money can't buy your life experiences, everything you have gone through, your whole being. What makes you, you! Money cannot buy your soul and cannot buy who you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join