It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we sue the Bankers/Governments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The world is at a turning point.

Millions are unemployed, many are homeless and many more may be about to lose their jobs or have their homes reposessed.
Jobs protests sweep europe

And who is to blame for all of this? The bankers and the governments.
The bankers have 'sold' us our personal debts in order to keep the housing markets going and the car/oil trade alive and the cyclical debt process which enslaves us all.
Worse than Terrorists
The governments have knowingly gotten every country into debt... why?

Is it not the job of the governments to run the country, to support it, to mantain a balanced stable society? Obama says debt can't be sustained
House passes $97 Billion war funding bill
Is it not the job of the bankers to ensure our hard earned wages are safe, covered and secure? Zeitgeist Addendum
Federal reserve cannot account for $9 trillion

The British members of parliament are now being accused of abusing their 'expenses' payments. Many are claiming that it is as bad as benefit fraud and are asking the police to investigate.
Smith 'sorry' for expenses claim
We were told 'Go and spend it boys', says MP

So why don't we all sue the pants off of the banks and the goverments for allowing this mess to happen and envelope the world?
Would taking legal action to reclaim our 'expenses', ie, what we have personally lost, like our homes, our jobs, our partners, families, respect, faith in the system or ourselves.
How many people have committed suicide over their losses? Who is truly accountable for those deaths? The banks and Governments...that's who.

They are responsible and should be held accountable.

Suing them seems like the ideal thing to do.. but how can we?
How can we ALL claim financial payments?

The banks and governments have nothing left to give...they are all in debt.. making the Federal Reserve or the Bank of England make more money just negates the point.

How can we sue if it will do nothing more than destroy the financial system and the governments?

But that's a good thing, i hear some of you say... Yes it would be, but it does not solve the problem..it would cause a massive major issue that would not be readily solved.

So what can we do? If we were to have all these bankers and MP's arrested, charged and sent to prison, who will replace them? and who will pay for their 'keep'?
I wouldn't want to pay for them to be kept locked up (but they deserve it) and if we replace them with other people, how would we decide on who gets these positions?

your views?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Did you say "sue"? Are you sure you didn't mean "burn"?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Absolutely, but for what amount I wonder.
By the way, would the lawyer get a third?
Is that not foolish? Even if we were to recoup our losses, 1/3 disappears never to be seen again. EVER.
Better than nothing I suppose.
Trust in our leaders. They have always had our best interests in mind.

Oh yeah, 4*@# that idea by the way.
Hangin's too good for dem dar horse thieves.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by reticledc]

[edit on 15/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sue them, you mean lynch them, we are talking about people in positions of power that have had the potential to effect real change for the betterment of mankind but no they have better themselves only.

Or better still have you seen the film the Running Man, we should have some fun with them before disposing of them.

These people are not scared of any repercusions unless it hits them where it hurts, their pocket, that is the problem, so they do what they want when they want, they know they are almost untouchable.

Should a government that is not operating in the interests of the people be accountable yes and you know what, we are locking up the wrong people. For the most part we are locking up criminals that society has failed when really it is the government that has failed them by providing a substandard economy that cannot cater for all.

This is the 21 century and still we have poverty, hello people, are we so dumb that we cannot even solve this simple issue between us!?

We are appointing the very people that are then backstabbing us, do we have a backbone or are we all masochists and enjoy the pain?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Good point... just how much could/shall we sue them for?

Shall we 'break the bank'?

They may try to wriggle out of it by either blaming each other (government blames the bankers...bankers blame the government) or they will agree something was wrong and will launch an investigation as to who was resonsible...

Which leads to years of lawyers, paperwork, investigators and to eventually unearth several 'unknowns' that nobody has ever heard of and who finally take the blame.. problem solved..

Well, not this time... !!!!!

If I was stood next to someone who committed murder, and I did nothing, then I am accomplice to the fact.

If a bank manager takes your money and then the banks CEO's 'foreclose' and lose your money, then the manager should be held just as responsible as the CEO's,

If the Fed Res knows the government is in debt, yet still issues money, then they are just as to blame in getting the governent deeper into debt by supporting the bad practices of a corrupt system.

If a government takes this debt and goes to war, and loses everything... we are taxed in order to get back all that was lost..

If a company folds and the staff lose their pensions.. who suffers? The staff do..

The buck stops here... something must be done..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I can tell you from a personal standpoint, if people ever get angry enough to take action they will likely be some of the first targets.

My mother has watched her 401k dwindle as time goes by... she didn't have alot to begin with but what they're doing to ordinary every day people is basically robbing them of their life's savings.

You think we will take this matter to the courts? An institution that can be bent to the will of the corrupt?

No sir when it all comes down there will only be one kind of justice served.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sue them for the cost of the National dept, they caused it and proliferated it. Sue them for our money back, just think, if every tax paying American got a equal portion of the dept paid back to us.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
I can tell you from a personal standpoint, if people ever get angry enough to take action they will likely be some of the first targets.

That's the biggest and most important if on the planet right now, isn't it?

No sir when it all comes down there will only be one kind of justice served.

You're thinking Ceausescu aren't ya? Me too! My heart bleeds for your mom. Most people my age (probably your mom's age) have had their entire life's savings wiped out. And you and I know who stole it! The Wall Street banker thug pictured below, that's who:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There maybe, just maybe, something we can do...

I think enough is enough, but it will take some balls to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

There is something called Misprision of treason, where each individual could go to their police station and report a crime. We could use the law and throw it back in their faces.

No politician, police officer, bankster et al is above the law; they need to understand they are in positions of power to SERVE the people, not instigate covert agendas.

Misprision of treason is an offence found in many common law jurisdictions around the world, having been inherited from English law. It is committed by someone who knows a treason is being or is about to be committed but does not report it to a proper authority. It is therefore unusual in that it is a criminal offence which may be committed through inaction.

Source

Here is an excellent video of a passionate UK citizen exercising his rights. Just replace the Treason of the 1972 European Communities Act, Albert Burgess speaks of with that of Obama repealing acts here and there, even as far back as Bush. Even more applicable if the NAU becomes reality, as each state will loose its Sovereign rights.

Once all the 'corrupt to the core' bastards are dealt with, we can start afresh with a new parliamentary system; one such solution i propose here.

INAL but would relish the thoughts of the intellectually elite here to wonder just how far 'people power' can flay the thick skin of corruption.

Regards
PoS

Edit: I have deep pockets and short arms, but i mustered the energy to S&F this very important thread. There's not much time left before laws become so ridiculous, they'll be taxing us for our own crap...literally.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good thread. Someone out there is thinking!!! This is what they are doing to us. Using our system of law against us, because they have the money and resources to write, interpret and judicate (is that the right word? Obviously I'm not a Lawyer) the law.

The problem here is that eliminating those that we believe are in power, the puppets we call politicians, don't really run anything, and most of THEM don't even know it. The true power brokers who's main agenda is the one world govenment (I know...conspiracy freak, right) requires the politicians to crash the worlds' economy in order to rush in the common denomination ( one world currency). They can not get us to willingly give up our dollars, so they legally take it (by manipulating the law/lawyers) and bankrupt all smaller institutions until we have no choice but to give up the dollar( which we already did when we created the Federal Reserve bank, owned by the Queen of England, among others).

Now, wiping out all those in power would leave an equal dilemna. Show of hands...how many people out there know how to run a major corporation, like a bank, of run a Government, even at the city level, let alone a world power. If we learned anything from history, we can't just take them all out or we will starve when farmers can't get food to market, or Grocery stores can't get a invoice because they have no credit, because the bank doesn't know how to issue credit, and so on...

But there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Since this is an OPEN MINDED sight, new thoughts abound (thank God, even if they are not all correct,like perhaps mine, you be the judge). This video has been on other threads, but I think it also applies here. It's long, but it is really thought provoking.

video.google.com...

I hope an armed militia is not the answer, but perhaps moving into an era of ethics, and enlightenment could provide an answer.

Edited to change link. Sorry not too good at this yet, but I hope the link works.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by awakening1]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

GREAT! This is the kind of thinking I'm talking about. We CAN use the system against them, but it must be unanimous, unwaivering, and overwhelming, anything less, and we the dissenters will be dealt with one by one (or in mass roundups).

Our Republic is one of the best systems ever created, but freedom is not free, and if we intend to keep it,(and not learn to speak Chinese) we must fight with pen and sword to the last man.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Those that create the system, hard wire kill switches in it. I would never happen. If any of them were to be sued, legally, there would be so much red tape, we would never see the end of it. Our Government is in a precarious position. Like it or not, financial institutions have rights just like the rest of us. The government just cant step in and close shop any more than the could us. Oh Wait a minute!! That's just what they have been doing isn't it. well there goes that idea. I guess the legal system is not an option here then. If not, foreclose on the Bad banks and let the smaller competitors mop up the mess. they will be glad to buy the debt at less than wholesale. Oh wait! There are no more smaller competitors, the government made sure the majority all died first and then bought everything else up. So what now? Let turn to the people. Hey there is an idea worthy of some prize. Lets hammer the taxpayer a bit more. Lets make them pay for the privilege of having their own money. the taxpayer is tough! They can take it! Oh Wait!! No they can't. Unemployment is sky high, savings are running dry, while the cost of everything goes through the roof. Not to mention the cost of fuel and transportation.
So where do we go from here. I got it!! Lets print more money.
So now that there is more money in circulation than ever before, it's pretty much not worth the paper it's printed on.
Don't worry though. Lets artificially inflate everything and drag in record profits. Lets raise taxes, and recoup those funds. Oh wait!! We did that already. Perhaps we can manipulate the stock market. UH OH, seems that it's buy futures, sell futures, when there is not future.

My point is, this.
Someone big has to be the first to give.
A solid Adrenalin injection into the heart of a new system, where resources are the main value of anything. Unrestricted resources and technology. A firm goal of production in house, not outside of it.
We are pillaging our own country. We should be propping up and supporting every single, resource producing, job creating field in this country. Not killing them. The financial institutions will have a hard time finding people to lend money to if everyone is working a good living and wants for nothing they need to live.

Us steel. Used to be untouchable. We sold our slag to Japan and China. They made better steel from our garbage than we made from the raw material. And then sold it back to us.
Such is the case with mostly everything. Our wheat, Most of it gets sold overseas, for profit. We buy their substandard grain cheap and feed our people with it. Lucrative? Yes? No?
Helping our country begins at home.
Now, however, we are screwed no matter what we do.
Sue them, Sure go ahead. Hang them, Sure do that too. But don't think for a minute you will even know who the orchestrators of this whole thing are.
We will never know them, we will never make them pay. They are as faceless as I am posting this.
Good luck to all.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

That is a very good idea and could work out to be quite a substantial sum for everyone.... Would this include the 9 trillion that is apparenly no accounted for?
With a Population: 303,824,640 (July 2008 est.) and a national debt of 10.9 trillion... that's a nice split...

Here we can see this debt rise by abut 100,000 dollars every few seconds,
Accumulated Debt/Savings
In the last
101 secs.
Borrowed by the General Fund – $ 11,284,265,694,558* $ 9,630,517
Income: Income taxes. Outgo: Defense 30%, Interest 19%, ...
Saved by the Social Security Trust + $ 2,441,747,446,529 $ 553,754
Income: FICA Payroll taxes. Outgo: Benefits and disability
Saved by other Gov. Trust Funds + $ 5,237,109,333,771 $ 8,347,732
Income: FICA & gas taxes. Outgo: Medicare, highways, etc.
Debt Held by the Public (net debt) – $ 6,047,156,360,786† $ 1,282,784
* Gross National Debt † Debt Held by the Public Debt Clock Source Data
zfacts.com...
Check the web page to see those numbers moving...

So I wonder how many people would give up work when they get their payment?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

This definitely seems to be worth looking deeper into..

Great find POS.. thanks for bringing that to eveyones attention.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Before I go into writing here, I think you should ask for this thread to be moved to the forum for Global Meltdown

Yes, I do think we should sue the bankers and World Government, but not necessarily for the reasons you've stated, although I'm sure they are valid reasons.

Before I go into my diatribe, take a look at this thread, I posted a few comments there.

Saw This Comic Strip Again Today, And Thought I'd Share

Next, my reasons behind stating we should sue both the bankers and the World Government, is because these people are like leeches, sucking off the money of our hard earned paychecks in every single way possible.

These six books outline everything they have ever done for a very long time.

The Game of the Foxes: The Untold Story of German Espionage in the United States and Great Britain During World War II

My own Amazon Review :

This book was recommended by someone I respect very much.

It was definately an interesting look into the planting, hunting, and detention of the German spies before, during, and after World War II.

Wall Street & the Bolshevik Revolution

Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

The Creature from Jekyll Island - A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time

I have yet to have read two of them, but they are next on my list.

This book here talks more in depth what our "comrades" in Russia did during the timeframes of those other books from the perspective of Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn, a Russian who survived a nightmarish Hell set upon his own people.

The Gulag Archipelago Volume 1: An Experiment in Literary Investigation

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am currently reading this most excellent albeit long as Hell book. It's over 600 pages long. The Creature From Jekyll Island - A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

I find it fascinating in that it talks about how the Federal Reserve Bank was created on Jekyll Island, Georgia by the Jekyll Island Club.

Mr. G. Edward Griffin is seen in these series of YouTube videos I posted throughout this thread, speaking at length about the creation of “the creature” and with the exception that he mentions the New World Order I rather like the whole book.

Creature from Jekyll Island 1 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 2 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 3 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 4 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 5 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 6 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 7 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 8 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 9 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 10 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 11 of 12 :

Creature from Jekyll Island 12 of 12 :

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by awakening1

Awakening1, I noticed that you don't have many ATS points so I'm going to assume you haven't posted much here before this. Unless you're posting under a different name?

But I'd like to say that I really like your writing style. You'll be an excellent contributor here because you use words so very well. I try to write in that style too, keeping an 'easy read' in mind for the reader. I gave you a star for your well thought out content and if I could give you another star for excellent writing skills, I would.

Well done! I'm sure I'll be reading what you write in the future. Our paths are sure to cross again.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The type of lawsuit you are referencing, that would need to take place, would what is called a class-action lawsuit.

This would be detailed paperwork, documentation, in triplicate, and would take a lot of time to accumulate all the source information.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

We have been trying to form a constitutional convention since the 1940s. We need only ten more states. That is the ONLY thing we can do right now, to starve the Fed out of existing by getting rid of the pesky little 16th Amendment.

16th Amendment.
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Sue them for the cost of the National dept, they caused it and proliferated it. Sue them for our money back, just think, if every tax paying American got a equal portion of the dept paid back to us.

I don't think forcing the government to pay out equal shares of everything that they extorted from us over the years would work. Democracy and Communism just never works. It's rule by force, fear and secrecy by the few that has proven effective over the years.

There would be some who would use thier connections to extort bigger shares of loot and secret payouts from the government in exchange for silence. By the time the majority of the population figured out what was happening those who payed in the least would have stolen the most.

The more connected and powerful would attempt to use trickery and misdirection to fool the masses to buy themselves more time while they fattened up thier own bank accounts.

Oh crap that's exactly whats happening right now.

It's a giant bank robbery where believers recieve cash in return for silence.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join