It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Fundamentalist 'Debunks' Bible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

It's interesting how fast you avoid discussion about how assbackwards your religion is and when someone mentions the Quran, you jump to getting a small about of technical evidence against it and go "See! See! I told you." Before hypercritically ending your post with what I'm sure you to believe to be humorous.

Double standards much?

I found some issues, enjoy your research... here... much there..

It makes me wonder when you are going to get around to unbiasedly research your own steaming pile of doggie business that is a religion.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

I just merely gave a reference....no judgement...

Wel, you out partying my friend?

Your belief and the other posters are not assbackwards...just different than mine...please no pressure my OT, ok?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
reply to post by InnateNight

If you can give me one example in which God is honourable, I'll give you a thumbs up. Yahweh is not a nice deity.
CUT...

Yahweh lived this life as one of us.

Well thought out atheistic perspective of life on Planet Weasel.

Your "well thought out arguments" are only valid if we truly are "hairless monkeys who make pretty good tools". But... yeah... a very insightful socio-political analysis of history and the "God's of Men".

Unfortunately not all is what it appears to be.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I see where you are coming from, however I do know that the Quran was memorized first before it was written down. The beauty in which it was recited by Mohammed pbuh, who was an illiterate, is quite fascinating, but that is just an aside...

I'll look further into what you presented, looks interesting.

I am not one to debate or argue, I can accept what others say, no problem, because I know that when we die, many questions will be answered and absolute truth will be found. God knows best.

I only would encourage people to judge the qu'ran if they have had the chance of reading it with an open mind, however I do admit it is very hard to do that in our times.

Peace to all.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Prove he did.

Right, all you have is the collection of liars to prove he did.. and I don't trust liars.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by brightlight
I see where you are coming from, however I do know that the Quran was memorized first before it was written down. The beauty in which it was recited by Mohammed pbuh, who was an illiterate, is quite fascinating, but that is just an aside...

I'll look further into what you presented, looks interesting.

I am not one to debate or argue, I can accept what others say, no problem, because I know that when we die, many questions will be answered and absolute truth will be found. God knows best.

I only would encourage people to judge the qu'ran if they have had the chance of reading it with an open mind, however I do admit it is very hard to do that in our times.

Peace to all.

brightlight, Sweet response...praying or your search!!!! Please U2U me if you have further offline questions...God bless!

Welhard, that was Hebrews 3:13 in action!!!! We'll talk about your video early next week....

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How can I prove that he did? I can choose to believe in it and practice my own free will and continue my life here...

All I can say is that it resonates with me, all the knowledge I have come across regarding the elite, the ancients, the state of our world and the Quran simply resonates with ME. Doesn't have to be you, you have your free will to find the answers to your questions and walk your own path.

Peace.

reply to post by Miraj

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How can I prove that he did? I can choose to believe in it and practice my own free will and continue my life here...

All I can say is that it resonates with me, all the knowledge I have come across regarding the elite, the ancients, the state of our world and the Quran simply resonates with ME. Doesn't have to be you, you have your free will to find the answers to your questions and walk your own path.

Peace.

reply to post by Miraj

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Welhard, that was Hebrews 3:13 in action!!!! We'll talk about your video early next week....

LMAO!

Yes, I'm still waiting for Luke 6:30 to be put into action, mate. I'm a little strapped and I did ask.... Should just I take?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

i think you need to go back further. don't ignore the rest of ancient history in your deliberations.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

Not only is the Bible completed fabricated, bastardized and forged, but most of ancient history.

"History is a fable agreed upon." - Napoleon

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Regarding my earlier post...OT's not judging the man's character (i.e. liar?) but I can make a hypothesis regarding his beliefs, due to his environment...OT knows quite a bit about Princeton my friend...oh well, thanks for responding...

Thank you so much OT for reminding me why I avoid threads such as this. The utter hypocrisy in that statement is nothing if not evidence of your prejudiced small thinking. You did judge, as you have judged almost anyone that does not agree with you here. You can finess the words all you like but that does not change the act. If you truly believe in your god, then you know he is too smart for double talk. You may be able to get ATSers off your back but I imagine the god you fear is a bit smarter.

You are judgemental and you show that often. Making a hypothesis about what things a person believes based on where they went to school is as much a judgement as calling him a liar would be. You do never cease to amaze me. Please do not respond with your typical off topic diversion/attack tactics unless you promise to spell at least half the words correctly.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

if history can't be trusted, neither can science

can't have your cake and eat it too

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

if history can't be trusted, neither can science
can't have your cake and eat it too

Oh, anything can be bastardized. But I look for the nuggets in amongst the lies! Not all is so black and white.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I've been reading the Qur'an lately, and Ive been unable to find anything wrong with it

Interesting. The last time you promised to 'debunk' the qua'ran, you put up a bad website put together by ignorant Christians. At least this time the link is just dead altogether. You people have fun hearing from a judgemental liar about how true his bible is. I am outta here until OT can stop littering the place with drech and nonsence.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

precisely.
and there are lots of nuggets in history and science, don't you agree?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

and there are lots of nuggets in history and science, don't you agree?

Absolutely, I make it my life to search for them, especially in the Bible for I feel it is one incredible book (but not for reasons that I used to think).

I just think it is better to get out of as many boxes as possible. Only then may we truly learn.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by jd140
If you don't follow one you will follow the other.
It implies that you either follow the religious or the atheists.
Either way your following somebodies ideology.

You know nothing about me.

Unlike you, I follow no one - or is that simple concept a bit too complicated for you? It appears so! Don't superimpose your black and white ideology onto me pal! Save it!

IRM

[edit on 16/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

If you go back and read a little, you will realize that I was answering the question you had regarding what the poster meant by the statement "If you don't follow one you will follow the other".

Before you jump you might want to know why you are jumping, pal.

The internet,
Helping people look stupid since 1992.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
It doesn't matter whether God exists. My point was that religion simply clouds all issues as we debate whether God wants us to eat meat or not, make the sign of the cross, wear a beard or even exists.

It's a giant waste of time and keeps us from improving the world we're in NOW.

Ah so what you are saying is that we should ignore God whether he does exist or not.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

If you don't follow one you will follow the other.
It implies that you either follow the religious or the atheists.
Either way your following somebodies ideology.

You know nothing about me.

Unlike you, I follow no one - or is that simple concept a bit too complicated for you? It appears so! Don't superimpose your black and white ideology onto me pal! Save it!

IRM

[edit on 16/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

If you go back and read a little, you will realize that I was answering the question you had regarding what the poster meant by the statement "If you don't follow one you will follow the other".

Before you jump you might want to know why you are jumping, pal.

The internet,
Helping people look stupid since 1992.

I have to completely disagree with this. Who is the first person to believe the almighty FSM following? Who was the first Christian following? Who was the first atheist following? How about Anton Lavey or Marshal Applewhite, who were they following?

It is religious folks that need someone to follow and cannot understand the concept of NOT following someone. Out here in the rest of the world, people are leaders, innovators, and the first all the time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join