Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Former Fundamentalist 'Debunks' Bible

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You seem to have missed my point. Just because evil was done in the name of God does not mean God is evil. The recognition of the probability of it happening is what prompted the american founders to include the clause, even though they were almost all Bible believers.

Since all peoples on earth originate from noah after the flood and noah was given a set of laws by God, then it is no wonder that all societies world wide have those basic laws at their core. Not to mention that God has written those laws on our hearts and we know right from wrong.

So, attempting to relegate God to obscurity is really just an attempt to make oneself God, since anything one does can be rationalized away as God willing it or God not really caring.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Wow, so you take the story of Noah and the ark literally........ok, I think I will leave it there, my previous post explains where I stand on this matter.

Regarding the bible being historical fact, try reading "from eden to exile" by Eric H. Cline, if you get the chance. not that it will convince you otherwise.

But I will add, I dont believe in a god, I think we are a product of our enviroment. Plants, animals, man, the atmosphere, the earth, the galaxy, the universe, the latter being the "creator".

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, all I can say is that's a mighty lonely place to be. I gain a great deal of comfort from my relationship with our Creator. If nothing else that makes it worth it, especially in these tough times. Best Regards

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join