It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Fundamentalist 'Debunks' Bible

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

take out a few of those (jokes) cause i gotta scroll sideways to read posts in the thread now

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Lenin/Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Kim Jong Il & Kim Il Sung... these men were essentially gods, we refer to them as dictators (gods) with totalitarian rule (church/religion), but in shorthand... they were/are gods. Atheists don't believe in god, nor believe that they are god, so therefore to claim these demi-gods and their flock are atheists, would be folly... for the ideal citizen of these regimes posses one key ingredient that allows and maintains the house of cards to stand... blind-faith. Those who question the leader/government (god/church/bible) are incarcerated/tortured/killed (sent to hell).

[edit on 18-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

Negative,

These men are the gnostic equivalent of men who have advanced by degrees in the wisdom of this world. The dogma they undertook is the extention and "evolution' of the French Gnostics,wise men, sophists, the encyclopedias. This Gnostic dogma was further "evolved " by Fredrick Engles and Karl Marx.
This is always what happens with men who use their "natural" abilities to reason something out.

In Gnostic terms this becomes Demigods. God with us. Same as the Egyptians and other civilizations going back to ancient times.
This type of Gnosticism and rationale is being taught in public schools ...with the appearence that it is not religious.

What is especially interesting to me in these nations mentioned is that they are heavily and dominantly anti Christian..which is the fingerprint they have in common with athiesm. No competition or indepentent thought tolerated. Or as G.F.W. Hegel stated..the state is god on earth. Perfectly rational and logical.

When you look closely at many of the posts here appearing to be logic and reason...you can see this very fingerprint by many claiming logic and reason.

Logic, reason, and science are in fact a religion to many. THe religion of the Gnostics...while claiming athiesm. It is nothing more than the deification of man. In the case of these dominantly communistic nations it is the diefication and glorification of some men. Another word for it would be Feudalism to the extreme. Absolute power..No different from Divine right of Kings. It produces the same end product. By logic and reason ..some nations and peoples went one way and others went back to Divine right of Kings/absolute power in the hands of some.

The best system of government by which men left to thier own devices can come up with is tyranny. It will always revert back to tyranny...by logic and reason of men...by men's self glorification.

One can see this happening here in the United States if one knows how and where to look. The tendency towards absolute power. The ability to extract control and regulate t the labor of the people by and for another gnostic religion called politics. Demigods. It has not "Progressed/evolved' as far as in these other gnostic countries of which we are speaking here....but give it time.
For we too are headed back down the road to Feudalism,Gnosticism, Divine Right of Kings, et al...and this by logic, reason, and Gnostic intelligence.

When I read some of the posts here..I have to bust out laughing.
When one understands this Gnostic fingerprint one can see that most of the wars recorded by the scribes of history are wars of one Gnostic Group against another Gnostic Group including WW1 and WW2. Laughable but at the same time pitiful.

Athiesm is mans logic and reason...and sometimes called humanism.

Humanism is the religiion promoted by the Gnostics..which is also a religion. Laugable once again. This is why when I see people quoting the great men of logic and reason and then science too..I am given to humor.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

[edit on 19-5-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

For clarity sake, to put what you have proposed in a nutshell, would it be accurate to summarize by the following equation?

logic/reason/science + humanism/gnosticism/communism = Atheism

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

For clarity sake, to put what you have proposed in a nutshell, would it be accurate to summarize by the following equation?

logic/reason/science + humanism/gnosticism/communism = Atheism

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

TheAllSeeingI,

Logic/reason/science are funded by the gnostic religion called politics. Politics is sponsoring humanism to get votes to stay in power. What religion do you think they are going to promote..both in science and politics which funds science. Politics also funds public education into more political/religious gnosticism in order to properly groom the next generation of voters for maintaining power.

The ultimate expression of humanism under logical reasonable modern men is communism. The state owning, directing, and running everything to maintain its power.

Athiesm is nothing more than a cover...concealing humanism.
Cover..means hidden...concealed..even esoteric. and once again we are back to religion. And Gnostic is religious.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

***snip***
Same with me, I began really reading the Bible, in it's entirety
***snip***

My biggest eye opener came when I decide to read several different versions of the bible - of different age that is.

It was interesting how things changed through time.

And then there is - of course - leviticus.
While we are supposed to follow the bible verbatim and that it is the word of God not man, it is interesting how we are forbidden to slay a child who have cursed its parents. Why can't we kill the adulterer and the adultress anymore?
AND IT SAYS IN LEVITICUS THAT WE HAVE TO.

It also tells us to make offerings to God in the shape of burnt sacrifices.
It's true - The Lord spake ith onto Moses.

Even with only a flat nose you are not allowed into the church and the priest cannot approach you.

We can of course argue that this is The Old testament and proper christians follow The New Testament. Which is very good because those pescy 10 commandments are from The Old Testament.

But if we can be told that some passages in the Bible aren't to be taken verbatim then who decides which ones we have to follow.
If you pause here and guess - the priests - you are right. I wonder if some priests make their decisions based on personal views. Hmmmm!!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ok... so in other words, you are saying...

Atheism/humanism is a Gnostic religion ...?

and that politics/government is the main supporter of this belief system ...?

and that of all governing structures, communism is the best fit for logic/reason/science ideals...?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Hehehe, do you think that there is a possibility that The Gods played a joke on them?

They wanted rules, so The Gods gave them ridiculous rules!

Think on this for a moment: how do we know that they weren't just allegorical and metaphorical rules? The Bible is known to have its issues, so we may not know for a fact how accurate these verses were.

How about some guy decided to elaborate on some of these rules (over 600) to play with his local tribe? We know that this happened with Erasmus edition of the Bible that would soon become the KJV!

Have you heard of; control!! Religion got its control issues going early.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

jesus even indicates as much when he corrects the record regarding moses' laws on divorce. the people had been lead to believe by the time of christ, that anything, absolutely anything, that moses said, was straight from the mouth of god. in fact, sometimes, it was just moses trying to create a liveable society for their tribes.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Moses was not that great of a speaker. Aaron spoke for Moses. His brother.

For the topic.

I believe the Bible is true, all and to its whole.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Oh, I forgot to say you are right.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Great find Original Poster. I myself have long considered the Holy Bible to be a fraudulent work. It is just too full of inconsistencies and hypocrisies and riddles.

On one hand you have a vain, jealous, vengeful G-d.

On the other hand you have a meek, gentle, loving, trusting, charitable Son of G-d who is simple and austere in his ways.

Some might say the first one is very similar to the State.

Most people are like that correct? If I have a girlfriend who is out whoring with other guys, I would get jealous, vain, and upset.

God has his children out worshiping other Gods, setting sin before him, and denying him.
MMM so he is not the one true god?

We are made in his image, he is a jealous God; and just because he is the supreme being doesn't make him immune to emotions.

MMM yes what a guy to follow.

God is love love is not jealous just concerned.

There is a difference between reading the Bible, and reading it with understanding. If you use a Strong's Concordance you can break some words down to the original manuscript and get a whole different meaning, the way it was intended.

The Bible is misinterpreted beyond belief, because most people won't take the time to actually study it.

Eve didn't eat an apple; there is no rapture, the earth isn't 6000 years old.

The Bible is a complete book, that has been mistranslated too often, making inconsistencies apparent.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
lets debunk ...eh punk?

Ridicule Christ over and over again...yeah so funny...hee haw.

Just dont mention Allah or Moses , or you will know the score.

Inferior people know your place

Your beliefs to us are a disgrace.

Allow us to thrive and we will allow you to stay alive.

No to your childish beliefs, we eat the weak.
Make way we are here, no vote no debate, now get out of our way.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I think the bible might be real but i think the people that were wrote about had some serious acid problems or peyote or some drug the old people took because in my life or any of your lives near us how many people have seen or heard of anything like in the bible

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Apart from the fact greek mythology is a hell of a lot more interesting.

2nd line

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by MatrixProphet

jesus even indicates as much when he corrects the record regarding moses' laws on divorce. the people had been lead to believe by the time of christ, that anything, absolutely anything, that moses said, was straight from the mouth of god. in fact, sometimes, it was just moses trying to create a liveable society for their tribes.

So what you are saying is that sometimes Moses lied? Because he wanted to set down some rules that would make their society work better?

So the 10 commandments were a lie as well? Even if they were good rules (so to speak).
And that is why we have priests blessing soldiers and weapons before a battle or deployment. Because even if Moses claimed that God told us we weren't allowed to kill it is OK because he (Moses) was fibbing?

Or maybe it was Jesus who lied when he told us not to trust Moses and his "words from God".

Or maybe it was the people writing what Moses and Jesus said that were lying? Because they were trying to create a liveable society.

Which would mean that we can change the rules according to the society we want to live in.

It all makes sense now.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

nope, not what i said at all. perhaps you should read it again and refrain from using the proverbial straw man defense, please? it's beneath you.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think that the fact that Moses received not only the 10 Commandments but over 600 laws that they were supposed to abide by, that they GOT exactly what they wanted, but they were set up to fail. Why?

Were we originally intended to have more free will? Were we intended to use our own gray cells to determine what is right and wrong? Could man not have the ability to develop a healthy conscience without someone else dictating to them - rules?

Man showed their gerbil qualities very early on. They wanted to be controlled and then would resist that control. Is this not evidenced in history?

So then we wonder why it is that God seems so detached? But then again, we could actually be an experiment and the Gods are looking for non-gerbil like humans to champion.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted by HolgerTheDane
Or maybe it was Jesus who lied when he told us not to trust Moses and his "words from God".

Jesus was merely pointing out that man was incapable of perfect obedience to Gods Laws and that Moses recognized that. He never said that Moses lied.

posted by MatrixProphet
I think that the fact that Moses received not only the 10 Commandments but over 600 laws that they were supposed to abide by, that they GOT exactly what they wanted, but they were set up to fail. Why?

As you said, they got exactly what they wanted. When they were at Mt Sinai, God asked them if they wanted his Law. They said Yes and thus went down the path of being proven incapable of the Perfection required to come back into a right relationship with God. This whole episode was an education on their absolute need of a Perfect Sacrifice , not by them, but by God to restore that relationship. A Gift of Forgiveness that so few seem to grasp.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.ccwonline.org...

I already posted something like this, but I can't find it in this thread. Am I being silenced? lol. Check this out, those of you who side with Mr. Ehrman.

edited for spelling. sorry.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by one_man24]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Be honest. If the Bible is successfully debunked, where do you see the next step going?

I would look to the authorities on such dire matters as this. Here are some actual statements lifted directly from online Christian fundamentalist forums:

[edit on 24-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join