It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Dems looking for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
In a recent poll, 38% of Kerry's supporters said the reason they support his campaign is becuase he's not Bush. This was by the way the most popular reason.

I tried to do a little research on Kerrys own wbsite where it has links like Kerry will create X number of jobs if elected, click here for more info. When you follow the links, you get something like Kerry pledges to create more jobs. No where does it say how! So maybe this is why the only reason to support Kerry is hatred of Bush, you can't pin him down on anything else.

OK, let me have it.....

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thi is how politicians do business - and the 'band-wagon' tactics of his supporters doesn't surprise me either. Democratic, OR Republican, they BOTH do it, and do it often.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Kerry is full of #. I mean, yeah Bush is full of crap, too, but Kerry... boy does he know how to lie. And this worries me because he knows how to lie to the general public, and they eat it right up!

Take for instance his latest stance offshore employment. He said something along the lines "I will do something about these corporations employing people overseas. They will still be allowed to hire people ,but I promise to take away the incentives that promote this kind of activity."

If you think about that, you'll know that it's doublespeak. In short, it's a hot-air statement. Just like him.

vote independent!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Kerry is full of $hit.

Bush is full of $hit.

Politicians are FULL of $hit no matter which party they belong to.

People are only supporting Kerry because they feel he's the lesser of two evils, and they just want Bush out no matter what it takes.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The so called "double-speak" in the two cases mentioned in this thread (jobs and outsourcing) are for a reason.

The reason? People are stupid.

One of his plans to create employment is in the alternative energy arena with envirronmentally friendly alternatives to oil. It's a far reaching and ambitious plan that WILL be necessary one day, as oil is not replinishable, and he wants to pursue it now placing America ahead of the curve. The way it will be paid for is with OIL taxes. He can't say that since people are short sighted and generally stupid and Bush will pounce on it.

The other issue of outsourcing by international companies...same thing. He'll make it less attractive by getting rid of corporate loopholes and TAXING companies that send jobs overseas. But again, people are stupid...they won't listen past the word TAX.

Bottom line. If you only listen to sound bites...all you get are sound bites. Dig deeper if you want to know, unless you are happy with the way things are, think nothing will ever change, and are satisfied with the $200 million dollar corporate funded campaign by Bush to make Kerry look like a flip flopper. Anyone that buy$ that crap deserves what they get...Bu$h.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
In a recent poll, 38% of Kerry's supporters said the reason they support his campaign is becuase he's not Bush. This was by the way the most popular reason.

The democratic party is looking for leadership and ideas.What would be your definition of a democrat? I would say that they believe that problems can be addressed and solved with the partnership of business and government. At least that's what they once stood for, IMO. Not as some believe, that they are for "the little guy". They are, but not exclusively. THe democratic party has, in partnership with the gov't and business, given the US worker many good things.

The democrat party is a good, viable, alternative to the problems facing the nation. Unfortunately, most of their ideals and ideas have been co-opted by the other party. Listen to the democratic candidates and media outlets such as air america radio. It's all anti-Bush. No
solutions, just screaming about Bush.

I'd love to vote democrat. Give me a reason. And that doesn't mean "because it's not Bush".

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
One more thing: can someone tell me why Joe Lieberman did so poorly in the primaries? IMO, he is an experienced, intelligent politician. One who can work with the republicans. One who is very honest. His own running mate stabbed him in the back by not supporting him, tho an endorsement by Gore might not be something you'd want on your resume' anyway. What was the problem with Lieberman?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
its seems to me that the upcoming election isnt about policy, its soley about your personal ideas on Bush. its come to a point where he is so passionately hated by the left and centre grounds of american politics that they will vote for anyone to ensure he loses.

so for kerry, it makes sense to base his campaign on being anti-bush because of this hatred, and also because he is not a particularly well known figure and so to base his campaign on himself and his policies would be suicidal.

but an election based on passion rather than politics cant be good for democracy.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A goodly number of respondants have stated their reason for their support of John Kerry as; "He's not Bush." Regardless of Kerry's positions on economy, war, abortion, etc. Democrats, independants, dissatisfied republicans, et. al. need to rally around the candidate or they are helping to re-elect bush. A number of voters deemed to vote their concience last year by voting for Nader, I was one. If you are not enthralled by Bush, then you MUST vote for Kerry!

Our two party system is seriously outdated. Voter apathy nationwide is close to 50%. If we are to stay with Republic as our form of government then we need to move to a more parlimentary form of republic. Ideally, I think that we should move twords more "True Democracy." Every cititzen should have the opportunity to vote on every issue effecting him/her. We have the technology to make it happen. Sure, many voters would only vote on issues that they felt strongly about. Ignorance of issues, causes and effects not withstanding, the great unwashed masses couldn't possibly do any worse than our elected representatives.

Absent a benevolent dictator, it is left to the people to govern for themselves. The founding fathers of our democracy certainly didn't think the people capable of self-governance; hence our current form of representative republic.

The chance that anything will change from the status quo is nearly nil, thus explaining voter apathy.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Out of those I find to be the apathetic non voters, THE MAJORITY of them are DEMOCRAT by POLITICAL VIEW. If you could find a way to remove APATHY form the voters, Democtats would win the office. Which is why the founding fathers made the ELECTORAL COLLEGE. They feard that without someone controlling the masses, government would be #ed up. Yes, I did say that Democrats in office would # UP EVERYTHING. SO DID THE MEN WHO WORTE OUR CONSTITIUTION--since then majority of the non-voters are Deomcratic in viewpoint! (What the hell do you think the FEDERALIST party was about?) (Hell, still haven't gotten over the stich in my side from the last presidential election with old EGORE!)

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I've heard Kerry will get in because he has a stronger blood line than Bush does. Who knows, im not American im only commenting. However I do believe Bush (a bush)will get in during 2012.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
I've heard Kerry will get in because he has a stronger blood line than Bush does. Who knows, im not American im only commenting. However I do believe Bush (a bush)will get in during 2012.

hi Sapphire, actually Bush and Kerry are distant cousins and share the same ancestors. Scary huh?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Narnia, yes it is. From what i know all the Presidents are inter-related and distant cousins to the British and Russian Crowns, amongst others. Makes you wonder who 'really' counts those votes

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hence my interest in Conspiracy theories and message boards.......

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Cool, one can never know too much

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This talk about pure blood lines reminds me of Icke and his lizards. David says ALL the presidents have been related and that the Mormons keep track of the pure reptile blood lines. I think that's scarier.

oh and to keep with the topic. You are right. I would vote for a wooden banana before I would vote for George Bush. Rush keeps laughing and tapping cards about that but I think it says alot about George Bush that people feel this way.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by AdmiralGates]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
One word, Iraq. Ok, on more word, Kerry.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdmiralGates
oh and to keep with the topic. You are right. I would vote for a wooden banana before I would vote for George Bush.
[Edited on 6-5-2004 by AdmiralGates]

This is what scares me! A wooden banana... So it wouldn't matter who was running against him...

Say maybe David Duke? Or O.J. Simpson? Bill O'Rielly?
Alec Baldwin?

I guess as long as it's not Bush we're better off.

Seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face to me...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Narnia I would bet that somehow we are distantly related. It doesn't prove squat. If you think it does, then I fell sorry for you, because you can justify anything you cannot do, for reasons other than yourself. You are as powerful as you want to be. What you want to give up attaining the kind of power some have, is the question. Think of the power you would have to pass to your progeny if you were to gain wealth and stature. We humans think in such small terms. Time is a factor none can control, but we can give our genetic progeny advantages based on the power we wield. This is how much of society works. The body dies, but the genetic material, the essence of us, is passed on; along with our acquired wealth and stature, sometimes.

The US has to be the most genetically diversified country on this little blue planet; have you ever heard of the Kevin Bacon theory? Six degrees of separation?

The beautiful chaos inherit in life is understood by no one but God. We stick our toes in theory and lie to ourselves that we understand but, we are as naive as children, jumping rope and singing songs about the plague times and not even knowing it; ashes, ashes we all fall down.

Variable

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by Variable]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Seth, please see: Hyperbole; www.onelook.com...
"David Duke? Or O.J. Simpson? Bill O'Rielly?
Alec Baldwin?" Are we compairing Kerry to these guys? I think the "wooden banana" analogy is more apt. Al Snore a wooden carrott, and GW in the plant world, a hemlock tree, strong, tall, and proud, but don't taste the berries or you're toast.

Variable, All life can be reduced to the genetic imperitive to reproduce, (genetic immortality). Biological determinism gets less credit than it deserves as a factor dictating human life. We do have some free-will, how about the dilution of the genetic pool by the high percentage of the inteligencia who are not reproducing when compared to the so called "great unwashed masses"?

What scares me most about the current administration is the undue influance of a radical minority group, Evangelical Christians, and the increased power of the Executive branch when weighed against the Legislative and Judicial. we are on a slippery slope to tyranny.

Our two-party system is hopelessly outdated. The lesser of two evils as a non-choise for our highest office has polarized the electorate and created a vaccume of apathy. That said, what are we to do about it? I really would like to hear some constructive ideas here.

"He's not Bush" is a terrible reason to vote for someone, but it's hardly a novel reason.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by scottsquared]

new topics

top topics

join