It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC
news.yahoo.com...

FRIDAY, May 15 (HealthDay News) -- While the official tally of confirmed U.S. swine flu cases topped 4,700 on Friday, experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now estimate the true number of infections at more than 100,000 nationwide.

Also on Friday, health officials announced two new deaths linked to the H1N1 virus, bringing the nationwide total to five.

"Today we had our fourth death reported from Maricopa County in Arizona," Dr. Daniel Jernigan from CDC's Influenza Division said during an afternoon teleconference Friday. "There more deaths and hospitalizations that we are monitoring," he said.
More at Link...

Well here it is Folks...straight from our "Beloved" CDC...

Edit: A fifth was confirmed 05/15/09 from Texas

So how long do we have?

How much worse will it get?

When will SIT-6 be implemented?

How long till it mutates...if it already hasn't?

I await your opinions...

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Also on Friday, health officials announced two new deaths linked to the H1N1 virus, bringing the nationwide total to five.

Holy # five dead in the US!!!!! THE DEATH TOLL IS TREMENDOUS!!!!

H1N1 Cure

/scarcasm

[edit on 15-5-2009 by djzombie]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

EXCELLENT information. thank you for the thread.
I'm emailing it to everyone I know.

Man .. this thing is behaving a lot like the 1918 pandemic.

The fall is going to be messy. Very messy.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Your sarcasm is noted...

This is a bit more serious than a lot are giving it credit for though...

Perhaps you would like to partake in a couple of NAU Flu Threads to increase your comprehension level?

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Swine Flu news and updates thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mexico flu death toll rises to 66
www.skynews.com.au...

nz.news.yahoo.com...
swine-flu-set-to-spread-reported-cases-surge-who/

Just posted in news thread but seems appropriate here too.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mexico flu death toll rises to 66
www.skynews.com.au...

nz.news.yahoo.com...
swine-flu-set-to-spread-reported-cases-surge-who/

Just posted in news thread but seems appropriate here too.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That article says 100,000 worldwide, not in America.

Regardless, people are recovering just fine with no treatment in their own homes.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I refuse to call this thing "Swine Flu". I have taken to referring to it as "The Flu Thing".
Lol

Regardless, many people have SOMETHING right now. Maybe this flu thing is just a cover for something else spreading rapidly.

I have never had 'life-threatening' infections before, much less so many in such a short duration. Many at the schools are SICK, and we still have no idea what is going on, at this point? I lose my financial aid if I stop going, so I will keep infecting my classes, thank you very much.

Star and Flag, hope someone figures it out.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

It says nationwide in the article not world wide. Nation wide would be the United States. Its just another game of words to under play the severity in the US and how not to show they dropped the ball by leaving the borders open and allowed flights to continue when they should.t have.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The AP reported that drug companies were ready to start producing a swine flu vaccine, but many questions remain. They include how many doses to produce, particularly in relation to needed doses of seasonal flu vaccine.

Over 100,000 Americans...
This was in the article you linked to. Did I read this part wrong? I thought we were a ways off from a vaccine.

I'm still new, hope I got this all in right.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
36,000 people in the United Stated die every year from "ordinary" flu. How many have died from this swine flu? Last I heard it was 1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

100,000 may have this swine flu now. 36,000,000 have hemroids, which are far more dangerous than this flu, and I don't see that fact constantly blasted on every media outlet every 3 minutes. C'mon media... enough of this farce already.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As a person who caught & survived the Hong Kong Flu I am taking this new Novel strain very seriously.

the flu I had almost killed both my mother and myself, we were both fortunate to recover, it did kill over 1 million people world-wide.

You see it's the antigenic shift (or mutation) that may be occurring RIGHT NOW with this new Novel strain that will make it a deadly monster.

And there is nothing we can do to stop that shift/mutation from happening, especially when the world is more concerned with keeping commerce flowing, than with containing a potentially deadly disease.

Plus many laboratory people working with this virus have reported that it displays many of the markers found in the 1918 Spanish Flu strain, which leads the professionals to believe that we will continue to see this Novel strain AND IT'S MUTATIONS again and again for a couple of years.

I find it so amazing that so many will "blow off" the potential severity of this flu virus, but will take AIDS seriously - and you don't catch AIDS from someone coughing or sneezing near you.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

You got it right...

WHO & CDC are "attempting" to come up with some "Numbers" to give the vaccine company's...and are having a rough time...

There are many complicating factors to deal with...

Who is "important" and needs to be "protected"...who is expendable...

How much will it cost and can "they" afford it...

Is it even necessary? Will we get by and build immunity?

Lot's to consider...

Edit: "apparently" a few companys "think" they have enough to go on, as in, producing a vaccine...Hmmm...that alone gives me pause to wonder...

Glaxo says it will soon begin work on H1N1 vaccine
www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

You stand corrected...

U.S. Swine Flu Death Toll Now at 5
21 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't believe this is any more serious than your standard cold.

Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems to me just another excuse to bring in more constraints to the general population.

I will not get a flu vaccine. Try to quarantine me, try to send me to a camp, come and get me. You will not vaccinate me against my will.

Until I see the effects of this being more than a runny nose and a mild cough - sorry, I'm not buying it media.

It's like a good magic trick, the question is which hand are YOU watching?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

S&F. Good find.

BTW - The more people infected, the more opportunities H1N1 will have to cross-breed with some other disease, and mutate into a more virulent form. ...Never mind the "pigs as a mixing vessel" factor. 'Cuz humans are better mixing vessels for human diseases.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Am I the only one shocked and confused by the disparity between those numbers????

4,500 actual to 100,000 estimated???

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No sarcasm here! Excellent work as always
If this doesn't open eyes then nothing else will. I too plan on sending this to everyone I know!

I feel like this weekend might be another turning point...will keep a close eye on the "The Official ATS" news and up dates threads.

Great job!
FMF

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would bet that as many people do with the flu, they never seek medical help and so they are not tracked, only someone seriously sick enough to seek treatment would show up on radar and then only after testing confirmed to have the so called swine flu, but as has proven this flu is spreading and it is spreading exponentially, the thing that should surprise people, and even the non believers, the numbers are growing and traditional flu season has passed, news flash..flu season normally peaks around April...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Am I the only one shocked and confused by the disparity between those numbers????

4,500 actual to 100,000 estimated???

Well. The media has been telling people NOT to go to a doctor or request testing unless they are really sick - ie., sniffles and minor yuckies don't count.

Also, recommended protocols are to test only those people who are sick enough to be hospitalized. (Tests are expensive, ya know.)

IMO - 100,000 is probably a gross underestimate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join