It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ghost exist then why don't they prove it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was watching Ghost Hunters not too long ago and the guy walked into a room and the door supposedly slammed shut by a ghost or entity. I got to thinking, if a ghost can slam a door, knock a glass off the table, why couldn't they push a button on your keyboard and communicate with you. It seems if ghost can make physical contact with objects, wouldn't communication be simple.

I have never had an experience with any type of paranormal activity and really don't know much about the subject. I would like for someone to explain to me how a ghost can slam a door or pick up a book and sling it across a room but can't pick up a pen and write me a note or type me a message on a keyboard!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think Ghosts care about proving their existence. If ghosts do, they probably believe they are living and that these people are in their home harassing them.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It all depends on the ghost in question really.

Some ghosts are actually just memories of a former life. Strong memories sometimes trigger a repeater in an area. They have absolutely no intelligence they just replay over and over and over the moment of the memory.

I have to imagine for the spirits that do hold onto some form of intelligent thought that it must be difficult for them to communicate with the living. Simple things might be easy for them but direct communication might be difficult.

I have many years of experience with the paranormal. What I have observed is that it really depends on the entity how much communication you are going to get out of them.

From what I have observed, most have no idea that you are there, some do and don't like the fact that you are in their space. Some on the other hand do want to communicate, and they do so in some pretty bazaar ways.

Ghosts are to put it bluntly stuck between planes of existence. Some don't know they are stuck, some as I have said before are nothing more than strong memories and or emotions to a place. Some are fully aware of their predicament and don't want to be bothered.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Reading this has just reminded me of something that puzzled me while watching TAPS a few weeks ago.
They laid a trap of powder on the floor where a ghost was alleged to walk, and a footprint later appeared. Now the question is, how does something without mass do that, along with knocking on wood etc ? Sorry to the OP if it looks like I hijacked this thread, I don't now the answer to your question. Maybe they simply don't want to ? People will probably answer that much energy is required by spirits to do stuff etc. I guess nobody really knows.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So in a sense, ghost that exist among us are somewhat in purgatory. I believe in ghost and have heard many stories from family members about their experiences. Just never could understand why they could interact with objects but never try to communicate other than thru a median.

A couple of question, what are the entities purpose of interacting physically with objecs? And why do these things seem to happen mostly at night?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
So in a sense, ghost that exist among us are somewhat in purgatory. I believe in ghost and have heard many stories from family members about their experiences. Just never could understand why they could interact with objects but never try to communicate other than thru a median.

A couple of question, what are the entities purpose of interacting physically with objecs? And why do these things seem to happen mostly at night?

It seems futile to ask for specifics when no one appears to have any answers. We can speculate as much as we want to, but in the end, what do we really know?

This is a very mysterious subject you're broaching--rife with anecdotes but hollow of confirmable information. There is no use trying to apply human rationality to a subject that has no defined bounds and cannot be studied under a microscope. There are areas that refuse to play by our rules--this is one of them.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

I think the reason they interact with object is because some objects are familiar, some are in their way and some they don't like at all. Depends on the ghost and the object.

Ghost sightings happen as often in the day as they do at night. The difference is at night our perceptions change. At night we are much more aware of our environment. Whereas during the day we are more relaxed.

Ghosts are a hard thing, something that comes from an individual that is slightly out of phase with this reality. Whether it is a mnemonic type of ghost or a complete entity with all intelligence intact. How the physics of the plane of existence they are on (if any) works is a mystery.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Time and time again.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
That is as far as I am willing to go on that. Ghosts are not my forte'

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There is a lot of evidence.

Would suggest the OP take a look at www.worlditc.com to see some evidence of two way communication. The mediums as we know them are becoming a thing of the past. Also, look into the Scole Experiment.

However, no amount of photographs, recordings, videos, apports, and mass sightings will convince the true skeptic. Way too much invested in being negative.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Or likewise, they probably ask themselves if living beings really exist why don't they walk through walls?

I'm sorry but the way this question is being asked lends itself to a sort of arrogance towards ghosts.
Why must they communicate with us based on our terms?

First off they may not even know they are even dead and probably think are being trespassed on

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't mean to come across arrogant. You see shows on TV all the time where mediums communicate with the dead and tell people "your dead uncle wants to tell you that he loves you". My line of thinking was, if they want to communicate with us so badly and they do have the ability to interact with objects, why not just do it. I know a lot of these people like Derek Acorah may be a fraud but convincing none the less.

The movie The Others is a good prespective on what some of you think. Where the ghost actually thinks they are alive and we the living are the ones intruding. Very good twist on the whole idea and definately something to think about.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think it's a great question; but totally agree with whatyoukno wrote. It does depend on the entity as the much of the best evidence acturally encourages the idea of more than one ghost.
The ghosts that have brain do contact us and that's why there are seen. However it's pretty clear that our reality and their reality presents them great obstacles in communicating with us.
Why this is so is another mystery.

However: Notice how rooms get unexplainably cold usually before a sighting, well that represents quite a lot of work with "Vertural Photons".

But the fact there's enough high quality evidence in photography, tape recording (emp) and film is more than enough for me (as these are not the product of the mind alone).

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I do not know how to go about your question but you might wanna have a look here: Can ghosts interact with matter ?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That’s like asking: if god exists then why don’t they prove it? If love exists then why don’t they prove it? People are often not logical creatures when it comes to these things. We’re constantly juggling our belief in the spiritual and our rational awareness of reality.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Because they have nothing to prove.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I still exist.

perhaps that's the answer why they do things. It could just be that simple.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

The trouble is that ghosts do not obey TV programmes.

I think that they do exist, but are in a different dimension and therefore can only communicate through thought, spirit, appearances.

I definitely believe that ghosts cannot harm you.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

I have a theory on the cold spot phenomenon.

A ghost does not have the nifty power supply that a body provides. In order to manifest themselves or to do things in this plane they must draw on the energy available.

I noticed this at where I used to work. The dimming and brightening of lights. There was a power drain that happened sometimes and it was inexplicable to the maintenance staff.

The laws of thermodynamics apply to ghosts it seems.

Cold spots are an inverse thermal field where the entity is drawing on the molecular energy that exists with heat.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Maybe they don't slam doors to communicate.

Then, maybe when they do hang around for a little after death, they aren't in a position to simply "show themselves" in a tangible aspect. Or maybe they know it would be best not to.

Maybe they know that we simply couldn't take it if they appeared so definitively in front of us, knowing that they are dead, and messing with our sanity like that.

Maybe it's not them who need a change in perspective, but us.

top topics

join