It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas moral authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
id like to start this thread to discuss the obsession of americans and others who expect and think that America is a great moral authority.

It is my beliefe that ones moral agenda and beliefs are a result of their own enviroment and raising.

What i would like to find out from any who read this is this

Do you look to America to set your moral compass? If so why? If not why not? Do you believe anyone should set their own moral compass based on the standards set by americas public?

Allow me to go first

I do not set my moral compass by the beat of the american drum. I am american and proud to be one but i believe the moral compass in general here just spins no direction can be taken from it.

This is why. . . . We cannot even take care of ouselves as a nation. Our government is bankrupting its people to bail out corrupt businesses. We torture. We kill others on the battlefield in the name of justice yet we torture. Our police and border gaurds beat people for asserting their rights.

I dont know why america got the label of moral authority. It is my belief that this is a cooked up attempt by the media to keep americans on the side of its government nothing more nothing less.

I mean seriously, we destroyed two entire japanese cities yet we're the moral authority. We raped and pilaged our way across vietnam yet we are a moral authority. We electrocute people/criminals or inject them with deadly poisons in the name of justice yet we're the moral authority. . .

agree disagree let me know i would really like input from americans as well as people from abroud and please be honest brutally

[edit on 15-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Do you look to America to set your moral compass?

No, I look to the Bible.

Originally posted by constantwonder
If not why not? Do you believe anyone should set their own moral compass based on the standards set by americas public?

No, because the heart is desperately wicked. We have to stay with Jesus's standards. Only Christ can keep us moral.

I hope that's what you were looking for.

Thanks,
TT

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I know this may be a boring answer but I look to 2 things for my moral compass; Myself and Karma.

Karma can be a pretty big motivator

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Do not think karma exists like they say. If karma exists why are the leaders of this world, so fffiing evil, and nothing happens to them, lol. Hindus and the cast system, lol, tahts why india is this great country, lol. Just think to yourself, why are so many people bad, and nothing happens to them? The world is just full of irony, this misleads you and many others.

On america, there morals come from hollywood mainly. All kids today just sit there watching american cr1p, and are watching sex shows at 4-5 on kids channels, lol. Nice country you have there.

Males get there moral authority from either hollywood or through sports today. Sports teaches them that cheating always works as all sports is aout cheating. While hollywood teahces them all rubbish as well, too many rubbish things too count.

So most people not being born, knowing right from wrong, means that they just are going to be following the environment aren't they like you say, and the ptb know this and find it easy to do, lol.

But why oh why does the world want to follow americas path, whhhyyyy.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't want a moral compass forced on me, nor would I expect that anyone follow my beliefs.

Why is this simple concept so difficult for people to understand.

What I enjoy, and what you enjoy are different things, who are you to say the way anyone pursues happiness is the wrong way to go about it?

Until you are infringing on others, and you're doing just that by forcing your beliefs on others - people should be left the hell alone to live life the way they see fit.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by djzombie]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And the list goes on and on.

I believe we call ourselves the moral authority because this nation is ran by Christians. Christian government, mostly elected because they are Christian, making Christian decisions for our country. The moral majority decides what's moral and the polls say that Christians don't believe there's anything wrong with war and torture and so on, they actually back these things. When you make the rules as to what moral is, then you are the moral authority, war and torture become moral.

Hope that helped.

new topics

top topics

join