It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA director says Pelosi received the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

CIA director says Pelosi received the truth

thehill.com

CIA Director Leon Panetta challenged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s accusations that the agency lied to her, writing a memo to his agents saying she received nothing but the truth.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pelosi Accuses CIA of Misleading Congress on Waterboarding
Obama unequivocal: 'I believe that waterboarding was torture'

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well it would appear that Mrs. Pelosi wasn't being competely honest about this one. So does this mean she was complicate in the act? Should she be prosecuted, as many say people in the Bush administration should? So many people jumped on Condeliza Rice when they found out she knew about it. Now that this has crossed party lines will the democrats still persue convictions?

Food for thought
-E-

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If there's one group you want to pick a fight with... it's the CIA. I personally am a Obama supporter and I voted for the man, but Nancy Peluosi is an absolute joke. This whole torture thing has the same vibe to Watergate and I wonder just how many people are going to go down with it when it finally all comes out. For god's sake Dick Cheney is showing up everywhere he can in the media screaming about how all these scandal's can't come out and now Peluosi is trying to force others to dive on this grenade. It's going to be extremely interesting to see what happens when it all finally comes out.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Seems like every other day this gets a bit deeper

-E-

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
She is not in any real trouble, the Bankers and AIPAC and a hundred other media influencing lobbying groups have her back.

And everybody will be told that the CIA can't be trusted.... Oh the sweet irony of it all....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My uderstanding is that Cheney WANTS to release FBI documents stating that actionable intelligece WAS obtained from "heavy" interrogation, Obama is blocking.
What could possibly be next?
I just am amused watching these fools point a finger at somebody and then, too late, they figure out some of their fingers are pointed back at themselves.Pelosi, what a maroon.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
She is not in any real trouble, the Bankers and AIPAC and a hundred other media influencing lobbying groups have her back.

I doubt she will get into trouble either. Worst case scenerio, she will be asked to resign, but even that is unlikely.

-E-

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
My uderstanding is that Cheney WANTS to release FBI documents stating that actionable intelligece WAS obtained from "heavy" interrogation, Obama is blocking.

Heres an article on that
Obama Administration to Cheney: Request Denied

-E-

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am hoping that the CIA has secret tapes of the meeting and is just waiting to spring them when Pelosi is up for reelection. if tapes were leaked a week before the election she would be toast.

and the CIA is well known for making secret tapes and for CYA.

That would be the best trick that could ever happen to that nut case from Calif.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If the Democrats had any brains, they would dump Pelosi as Speaker immediately. Notice, though, I began my sentence with an "If".

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Sorry it took so long to reply.
The problem with your scenario is that "W", in an unfortunate miscalculation, kept a whole load of CIA staffers still loyal to the Clinton administration. Reach across the aisle, and all that crap, we WON, screw them the way thay keep screwing us.
That is where these leaks against 43 kept coming from.
So to think that the dirtbags inside the CIA are going to out ANY democratic kool-ade drinker is, I think, a stretch.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I seems rather funny that she has always been this anti Bush propagandist, able to blame everything on Bush, but now to her stupidity she finally realized SHE was a part of it all too…something we all have known from the start…

The problem I have is even if she was Lied to would I want someone that easily fooled to be in the position of power that she holds, or if she wasn’t lied to do I want someone in her position who would even think that is a good excuse.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It may end up quite comedic.Pelosi is rapidly pulling sand off everyone else to cover her own butt. These people she is exposing are not going to take it lightly. There is no telling what other information will surface when the finger pointing gets serious.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
It may end up quite comedic.Pelosi is rapidly pulling sand off everyone else to cover her own butt. These people she is exposing are not going to take it lightly. There is no telling what other information will surface when the finger pointing gets serious.

I agree, usually with these things the person in question quietly resigns, but Pelosi's ego is so big I think she will do whatever it takes to try and save face.

-E-

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

This is the best case scenario. They are all guilty of this. And don't doubt for a minute any one of them are totally innocent. What the CIA is admitting really is that they did authorize torture. That Pelosi knew this and said nothing. So they next question in my mind is okay so everyone knew and did nothing while publicly hiding these facts. So who did object? Maybe the attorneys that were fired by Karl Rove?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I agree. The real problem is there will have to be a sacrificial lamb,long before this gets down to the truth. Pelosi has wedged herself into a tight spot,I don't see her wriggiling out of this,without letting the cat out of the bag. So she will probably be given the back room speech,and asked to fall on her sword.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I read a report that someone was kicked out of this briefing that is in question between CIA and Pelosi. Why would anyone get kicked out of a meeting? And, did that person object? Maybe they kicked someone out of the meeting, to set the tone that nobody should object.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I read a report that someone was kicked out of this briefing that is in question between CIA and Pelosi. Why would anyone get kicked out of a meeting? And, did that person object? Maybe they kicked someone out of the meeting, to set the tone that nobody should object.

Thats interesting, any idea where the report is? I would love to read it

-E-

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

www.time.com...

I think the guy is Porter Goss who was kicked out of the briefing with Pelosi and the CIA.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

new topics

top topics

join