It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudleytown- Why would an abandoned town be protected?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I've never gotten lost on any of the hikes I've done in-state, either.

I don't suggest going for a hike here though, unless you're interested in a fine and an arrest, too.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sounds interesting,
if I were you I would be there in 2 seconds, doing anything to get in and sneak around as a spy

Maybe you should save up some money and let the curiousity get you and go in, then if you get fine you can pay

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

lol!!! Start a donation fund or something. "For Raven to go to Dudleytown and pay her fine when she gets caught."

I could send out a mass Facebook message to some of the guys who I know have gone before and ask for their stories. But I probably wouldn't be able to know unless I went myself.

I might ask my zoology teacher though, if she could get a permit to birdwatch there...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"Weird New Jersey" once had a story about a neighborhood with the building and insides in tact that is totally abandoned and protected by the local government. Not the same as Connecticut but related.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

That's pretty cool, I'm going to try and find that out. It's strange. Even around here though there are abandoned houses that are pretty recently abandoned, or shopping centers that are abandoned and in ruin, and they are protected by the government. I think it's just so people don't hurt themselves investigating, though.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I live about 20 min from dudley town. Have been there and almost got arrested. Here is my story.

We went one halloween night parked our car down the hill off of a private driveway(my buddy caretakes this house and the guy was away on business). Then took a short walk up the hill to the entrance. Just as we got to the end of the road we got cold feet. Stood there for about 5 mins debating on what to do. NExt thing we know we start to hear someone walking and see a ember from a cigarette. We were busted, one of the guards was hiding somewhere along the road and snuck up on us. He began to give us crap for trespassing, (even though we never set foot on the property, we were on a public road) but was somewhat cool and told us we better get outa here. Next thing we know a jeep comes flying up the road, some lady was going off the wall screaming the cops are on the way. "Stay were you are"
Well we werent waiting around for the police and took off running to our hidden car. We get in the car but the lady had blocked the road so we could not go by her. So my buddy goes offroad up the side of a bank past her. Luckily that dumb b@tch didnt get his license plate number and we avoided the big fine.

All in all stay away from that place unless you want to get in trouble with the law. It is private property and they don't want trespassers. (cant blame them actually alot of nice houses in the area) I have heard stories from people who have camped their overnight. They wouldnt get into details other than they heard alot of wierd noises and when they woke up the rods to thier tents were all bent up.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

Apparently there is a lady who sits around and watches for kids and calls the cops on anyone who even slows down around there. My friends have said similar experiences have happened to them.

/slash, hi, neighbor!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
An independent film is being shot in October about Dudleytown. The filmmakers have been working on it on and off for about five years. The private property owners - Dark Entry Forest, Inc. are trying to stop the film! You can check out more info on the indie film on Facebook (Dudleytown Curse - Help Supprt the Indie Film - 2011) at:

www.facebook.com...#!/groups/124889004194600/

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
[duplicate post removed]

edit on 9/16/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
here is a map if you want to check it out!

www.roadsideamerica.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
is this true or just a story made up for the film?
www.myspace.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
the Dark Entry Forest association. What makes a forest a dark entry forest? find the answer to that and you may find out why not many people are allowed in.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
"after his wife died and his children disappeared into the woods. "

This part makes me laugh.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes
Well, this is just screaming for a movie to be made about it. Maybe someone will take the initiative to try again.

Silent Hill comes to mind.
Creepy.
edit on 9/16/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

According to Dudleytown's FAQ page, Dr. Clark and other NY doctors bought the entire area and founded the Dark Entry Forest Association, how own it til now. But he died in 1943. I wonder who organizes the association these days.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ok let me interject my two cents - Dudleytown was open to the public completely for many years. My friends and I visited there numerous times exploring the area - we found old stone foundations of buildings as well as circular foundations that appeared to be for a well. Although the area was unusually quiet and lacking significant wild life activity we never experienced anything paranormal.

After the Blair Witch movie there were alot of people visiting and vandalizing the area. Eventually a large forest fire broke out and the property owners closed the area to the public. Could you blame them?

If there was anything secret going on they would have blocked access many years ago - only after the vandalism and problems did the owners close the area to the public.

Now the area is off limits - I do not know if Dudleytown is haunted or not all I can say is that I have seen no evidence to support such claims.

The story is interesting and intriguing but my opinion is that the Warren's hyped up the story to sell their books. I may be wrong but that is just my opinion.

If there is any substantive evidence to support Dudleytown is haunted I am all ears.

Apparently on the website - legendofdudleytown.com the author refutes the lineage of the cursed Dudley to the founders of Dudleytown -

anyway thats my take on things

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
wow gotta come back to this one

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ok just had the time to read over this. If the state police are so harsh on people being caught up there then that tells me there is something that the government wants hidden from the public. Maybe not on the scale of say area 51 but there is something they want hidden. Its just too bad im out on the west coast
I hadnt heard anything about this until now thank you for shareing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join