It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] "I will ask the General Assemly ... to Strip Israel of its Membership"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RivenNight

Doesn't work, I'm afraid. Iran and Syria would be kicked out of the UN for threatening another UN member (Israel), which is contrary to the UN charter. Russia would be kicked out for invading Georgia last year, and the US and UK for invading Iraq...

On the contrary, it is Israel that routinely threatens its neighbours. In fact the current target for Israel is Iran. Any sense of a threat by Israel is purely its "existential" paranoia and deep seated fear of the natural cycle of comeuppances.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mario78

What can I say dude. You have just produced a long list of unconnected and distort events that has no basis on reality. The issue I will address is Durban 1 and 2. The intention of the many nation that attended the conference was to debate racism and a product of this was the description of Israel as a racist apartheid state. It is for this reason you pour your diatribe.

Once again, I will reiterate that Israel is a violent state and its supporters are a danger to the world. That country is the disaster of our age and a threat to peace for many years.

The earlier comment I made to you was with regards to your hostility to the UN. I questioned whether your problem was a product of an American isolationist outlook or as a consequence of the majority UN membership hostility to Israel. Clearly you subsequent and long winded response shows you to be in fact a zionist on the basis of your obscurantist description of the events you list.

You are donning an American type attitude to the UN while spouting an unAmerican outlook of a country most Americans don't give two hoots about and resent being forced to finance.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Doesn't work, I'm afraid. Iran and Syria would be kicked out of the UN for threatening another UN member (Israel), which is contrary to the UN charter. Russia would be kicked out for invading Georgia last year, and the US and UK for invading Iraq...

On the contrary, it is Israel that routinely threatens its neighbours. In fact the current target for Israel is Iran. Any sense of a threat by Israel is purely its "existential" paranoia and deep seated fear of the natural cycle of comeuppances.

"On the contrary"? So Iran hasn't threatened Israel? Are you a pathological liar, anti-semitic, or just spectacularly ill-informed?

Don't tell me you haven't seen Ahmadinejad's famous "eliminate Israel from the pages of history" speech*. It would be difficult to do that if the State of Israel still existed, so how is that not an implied threat?

There are many more, but here's one for you to look at:

www.spiegel.de...

*I know he didn't say the "wipe off the map" bit, so please don't bother bringing that discussion up, I have used the correct translation.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by Mario78

The issue I will address is Durban 1 and 2. The intention of the many nation that attended the conference was to debate racism and a product of this was the description of Israel as a racist apartheid state. It is for this reason you pour your diatribe.

Once again, I will reiterate that Israel is a violent state and its supporters are a danger to the world. That country is the disaster of our age and a threat to peace for many years.

At Durban I, the description of Israel as a racist, apartheid state was only agreed to by the Arab world, and some other countries with equally abysmal human rights records. The US walked out of the conference early on, and the Western (civilised) world refused to support the declaration about Israel.

Durban II, it was boycotted by almost every nation with a halfway decent human rights record, and the rest of the developed world sent low-level delegations.

To describe either conference as producing anything about Israel agreed to by the developed world is entirely disingenuous. And if you weren't talking about the developed world, then who gives a toss what the others think?

As for a danger, and a threat to peace, when has Israel ever threatened someone who didn't threaten it first? Just one example will do. And when has Israel ever threatened the US? Iran has, yet you seem quite happy to side with them against Israel. The Palestinians had f***ing street-parties after 9/11, and still you choose their side.

Masonwatcher, my friend, you are just another ignorant anti-semite, basing their prejudice on lies and, probably, what you were taught by your, equally ignorant, parents.

The reality is that the Jews are, undeniably, the most persecuted race in history. From the Romans, to the Arabs, to the English, French, Russians, Poles and Germans, the Jews have been persecuted and murdered. So they got the message, you don't want us in your country (not for any good reason, but whatever), we'll make our own and leave you alone. I don't want to go into the history, so I will leave you with these words.

History has conclusively shown that the only chance the Jews have to live in safety, is to live in a country in which they are the majority. Israel is that country, and there are many, many gentiles like me who have recognised the plight of the Jewish people throughout history, and will fight to their last breath to ensure that the State of Israel exists in millenia to come.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by RivenNight]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RivenNight

Here is a quote from der Spiegel;

Iran's president is at it again, threatening Israel with destruction should it intervene in Lebanon again. The bellicosity comes as the UN nuclear watchdog warns that Iran may be as little as three years away from a nuclear weapon.

When did Ahmadinejad previously threaten Israel with destruction?

It's hardly surprising any more when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threatens Israel with destruction. It wasn't so long ago that he suggested the country be moved to Alaska. Or just wiped off the map.

Again the article embellishes its initial false premise with elaborations that have no basis on reality, just zionist propaganda.

The Durban conferences were organised by NGOs like the Red Cross and Cafod in response to the rampaging warmongering by Israel, the elements within the US and various agent provocateurs like Fleming Rose, the hate cartoon pedaler, and various neocons.

The irony is that zionists like you push for Jew specific "hate" laws while reserving your rights of free speech to blaspheme against Islam and Christianity. You see, zionism is a many headed beast.

Finally it was not just Arabs that condemns Israel for its activities, but also African nations, South American and Asian.

History has conclusively shown that the only chance the Jews have to live in safety, is to live in a country in which they are the majority. Israel is that country, and there are many, many gentiles like me who have recognised the plight of the Jewish people throughout history, and will fight to their last breath to ensure that the State of Israel exists in millenia to come.

Mighty magnanimous of you to give away other people's land. Boy! That high horse must cause nose bleeds.

[edit on 073131p://pm3116 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RivenNight

Yeah your right, what right would middle easterners have to land in the middle east. We all know that those who seem to be of European decent who rule Israel are entitled by divine right. I am so sick of this, the Talmud thumpers who are very obviously of European decent make a point to cheat and steal from the “Native Palestinian, likely a true descendant of the original Jew”. They then get protection from the state when they seize their ill gotten gains.

Israel was concurred and divided, in times long past. Palestine was a recognized state there are countless documents to prove it.

You’re not by chance an Israeli Cyber Soldier are you? Israel needs a reality check. Without your friends you are nothing, be very careful. The toes you step on today may well be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

The Durban conferences were organised by NGOs like the Red Cross and Cafod in response to the rampaging warmongering by Israel, the elements within the US and various agent provocateurs like Fleming Rose, the hate cartoon pedaler, and various neocons.

Thank you masonwatcher for informing us that the Durban conferences were, at least in part, organized in response to Flemming Rose, who you consider to be an agent provocateur and hate cartoon peddler.

I was under the impression Rose was just the culture editor of the Danish newspaper "Jyllands-Posten"

12 cartoons were published in the paper in 2005 in response to the difficulty of a children's book wanting an illustration of Mohammed. Most consider them satirical, as cartoons try to be, but not defamatory of Muslim culture.

Two imams granted sanctuary in Denmark added 3 sexually explicit cartoons from other sources not associated with Rose or his employer, to a dossier they assembled and distributed to the Muslim world media.

The rest, sadly, is history.

At least for me, how Mr Rose becomes elevated to agent provocateur and hate peddler and a source of concern for a UN conference on race relations indicates much about the ongoing rhetoric on Muslim persecution.

Mike

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

*Snip*

Your first new question was: "When did Ahmadinejad previously threaten Israel with destruction?"

The answer is: "Don't tell me you haven't seen Ahmadinejad's famous "eliminate Israel from the pages of history" speech*. It would be difficult to do that if the State of Israel still existed, so how is that not an implied threat?"

If you weren't a little backwards you would then have noticed that I conclusively disassociated myself from any "wipe from the map" comments by writing: "*I know he didn't say the "wipe off the map" bit, so please don't bother bringing that discussion up, I have used the correct translation." Yet still, you brought it up.

In your post you say: "Again the article embellishes its initial false premise with elaborations that have no basis on reality, just zionist propaganda."

You are responding to my post, not the article, *Snip*, so how about responding to my translation of Ahmadinejad's threat instead of the article's. I only posted the article as reference to the, unquestionable, threat made about Israel attacking Lebanon. The fact that you chose to ignore that part and argue about the bit I specifically disassociated myself from shows how weak, and straw man, your entire argument is.

You then follow this up with some more classic straw man arguing. When exactly did I blaspheme against Islam or Christianity? If it helps, I have been christened and confirmed. It's interesting that you assume anyone supporting Israel also hates christianity, but all it really demonstrates is that you are so bigoted and narrow-minded that you assume everyone else is, too.

Durban has been completely ignored by the world, nothing came of it, and for good reason.

Your point on other countries condemning Israel. You seem, from your earlier posts, to be a US "patriot", yes? Well, let's look at your South Americans who condemn Israel...umm, it seems only Venezuela do. Chavez is a great guy, though, isn't he? Hmmm, it seems he hates the US as much as he hates Israel. It speaks volumes about your anti-semitism that you would rather side with someone who hates you than someone who is the bastion of western democracy and freedom in a barbarous (beheadings, hangings, amputations...) Middle East.

Africa and Asia? Are you serious? The only people in Africa whose opinion you could have heard (because the average African hardly has a "voice") are either the fanatical islamists in North Africa, who again hate your "beloved" US as much as they hate Isrel, or the corrupt leaders who are only attacking Israel in the hope of getting money from the Arabs. As for Asia, who are you referring to? I have never seen any Asian leader speaking out against Israel.

And finally: "Mighty magnanimous of you to give away other people's land." I am not giving away anyone's land. I am acknowledging the necessity of a Jewish homeland. Once you accept that the Jews need somewhere to escape the persecution of people like you, it becomes very easy to see that Israel was the only place it could have been.

I look forward to you ignoring the majority of this post, Masonwatcher, and instead concentrating on misinterpreting an obscure part of it.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Jews are semitic. Arabs are semitic. They are both from the Middle East.

And please, please, please, please, please let me see some of this documentation of "Palestine" as country.

Steal from the “Native Palestinian, likely a true descendant of the original Jew”, eh? You were friends with the original Jew? Knew him personally? That's a pretty personal thing to say about someone. Who was the original Jew, anyway? The old testament line would be that it was Adam, or perhaps Moses. The New Testament line might say that it was Jesus. Moses and Jesus were, undeniably, Jews. Thus, Jesus was, undeniably, a descendant of the "original Jew" you speak about and accuse of stealing. You are, therefore, calling Jesus a thief. I'm all for freedom of speech, but please don't insult the Son of God. He was a Jew, so any criticisms you make of Jews as a whole automatically attach themselves to him.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by RivenNight]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

It's not exactly a revelation that when the term antisemitic is used in almost any context, it invariably means Jew-hating.

The only people who still raise the issue that Arabs are technically classified as Semites are antisemites.

No opportunity to argue on minor issues, semantic and otherwise, is missed.

Hey - "antisemantic"

Mike

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I was actually using it in response to someone saying that the Jews weren't from the Middle East, and thus had no right to Middle Eastern land. You are right, though, I didn't need to bring up the whole dual-semitism of Arabs and Jews. What I should have said is, "are you retarded? The Jews didn't come from the Middle East? Where on earth did they come from, then?"

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
reply to post by mrmonsoon

and what if they aren't lies?

Well, As I was the first one to know, it was lies/Hoax!!!

To go ahead and address your question, right after Iran/Syria/ and all the terrorist M.E. nations.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

[HOAX] "I will ask the General Assemly ... to Strip Israel of its Membership"

NOTICE

This event never happened, the thread author did not properly research his topic.

Had a feeling this was coming. Nice job, MW!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

You might like to investigate your zionist compatriot Fleming Rose;

EUROPEAN MEDIA PROVOKES MUSLIMS TO INFLAME ZIONIST "CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS"

Christopher Bollyn American Free Press

Under the guise of free speech, a leading Danish newspaper published a dozen provocative anti-Islamic cartoons clearly designed to offend Muslims. The predictable result has greatly increased the possibility of violence and left Denmark in a costly and dangerous predicament. Four months after Jyllands-Posten (JP), Denmark's most widely read morning paper, published 12 anti-Islamic cartoons, Danes woke up to the fact that there is a very high price to be paid for promoting the "clash of civilizations."

The fact that the editors behind the anti-Islamic images claim to be exercising free speech while refusing to address Europe's strict censorship laws regarding discussion of the Holocaust and the ongoing imprisonment of historical revisionists reveals the existence of a more sinister agenda behind the provocative cartoons.

"Agents of certain persuasion" are behind the egregious affront to Islam in order to provoke Muslims, Professor Mikael Rothstein of the University of Copenhagen told the BBC. The key "agent" is Flemming Rose, the cultural editor of JP, who commissioned cartoonists to produce the blasphemous images and then published them in Denmark's leading morning paper last September.

mathaba.net...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Fleming Rose is an agent of free speech, and has become a leader in speaking out for the rights of free speech. Muslims who refuse to respect the western value of the rights of free speech should not be allowed to live in western countries. Refuse to allow them entry if they do not support the right to criticize Islam and Muhammad, deport them if they have such beliefs, and if they call for violence against those who exercise their rights to free speech in criticizing Islam or Muhammad, then jail them, make them international criminals, so that any time they show their faces in a nation that supports free speech, they will be arrested to prevent them from spreading violence.

Anyone who believes they have the right to attack and kill others who they disagree with, who holds different values, and expresses those values peacefully, has no right to live among civilized people. All those who call for the destruction of Israel fit into this category as far as I am concerned.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hear, hear

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hear, hear look hear!

And please, please, please, please, please let me see some of this documentation of "Palestine" as country.

Steal from the “Native Palestinian, likely a true descendant of the original Jew”, eh? You were friends with the original Jew? Knew him personally? That's a pretty personal thing to say about someone. Who was the original Jew, anyway? The old testament line would be that it was Adam, or perhaps Moses. The New Testament line might say that it was Jesus. Moses and Jesus were, undeniably, Jews. Thus, Jesus was, undeniably, a descendant of the "original Jew" you speak about and accuse of stealing. You are, therefore, calling Jesus a thief. I'm all for freedom of speech, but please don't insult the Son of God. He was a Jew, so any criticisms you make of Jews as a whole automatically attach themselves to him.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by RivenNight]

Just look for old maps of palestine on google images etc. The British name of the state was without a doubt Palestine. It was a recognized state from 1920–1948.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is alist of recognized states from 1930. en.wikipedia.org... Look under League of Nations Mandates

The university of Texas has a nice collection of old maps for your viewing pleasure. www.lib.utexas.edu...

You cant change the facts friend. It doesnt matter how much you want it to be true.

Muslims have their extremists’ the same as Judaism has it’s Talmud thumpers. The Talmud thumpers go out of their way to cheat, lie, de fraud Palestenians. In turn the extremist will blow your ass up.

The problem is really that the two have somehow been allowed to bring the struggle to state level. I guess its the blow your ass up part.

It like mixing oil and water friend. The violence is not entirely the fault of Palestinians. Do please try and deny this!

Also this type of thing this should stop immediately. Israel is really starting to look like the Terrorists here. Keep that up and you are goign to find yourself high and dry.

I am not anti Israel I am just like most people, I would like to see the end of suffering in Palestine/Israel. It starts with Israel making concessions, and surrendering some of the occupied lands.

P.S. White men are of European decent, not middle eastern decent.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Outstanding comment! Again I state zionism is a global catastrophe and the centre of mayhem in the Middle East. Needless to state that I am immensely disappointed that the article was a hoax and Israel was not thrown out of the UN.

I am truly saddened for the plight of the Palestinians to be burdened by this monstrous state.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
People, there is no need to continue this thread.

ATS has officially proven what I said as the first response.

MasonWatcher has perpetrated a hoax to promote his anti jewish/Israel position.

It was a lie/hoax!!!!!!!!!

Everyone, of course, is welcome to their opinion and to post it, but just know you are posting in a LIE/HOAX thread.

Deny Ignorance, Deny Hoax's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 5/17/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

But it would have been a delight to see Israel slung out of the UN. I only wish it was true.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join