It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] "I will ask the General Assemly ... to Strip Israel of its Membership"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, this was useful. We got a representative sampling of who is looking for bad news of Israel and hoping for the worst.

We got to see if there are vultures out there. Plenty.

It was another opportunity for the haters to foam at the mouth some more.

The UN pretty much speaks for itself. A failed organization with half it's membership military and despotic dictatorships. Many are failed states leaders bleeding dry their long suffering populations.

Over 50 Muslim dominated countries, all against the one Jewish majority state.

The US supplies many billion annually to many of these countries, cumulatively far more than to Israel.

This does not translate to support.

Below are the voting records of Arabic/Islamic States from US State Department and United Nations records:

Kuwait votes against the US 67% of the time
Qatar votes against the US 67% of the time
Morocco votes against the US 70% of the time
United Arab Emirates votes against the US 70% of the time
Jordan votes against the US 71% of the time
Tunisia votes against the US 71% of the time
Saudi Arabia votes against the US 73% of the time
Yemen votes against the US 74% of the time
Algeria votes against the US 74% of the time
Oman votes against the US 74% of the time
Sudan votes against the US 75% of the time
Pakistan votes against the US 75% of the time
Libya votes against the US 76% of the time
Egypt votes against the US 79% of the time
Lebanon votes against the US 80% of the time
India votes against the US 81% of the time
Syria votes against the US 84% of the time
Mauritania votes against the US 87% of the time

The UN seemed like a good idea after World War. It fails to do what it set out to. It is now an embarrassing club with mostly thug leaders taking every opportunity to demonstrate their hatred for those who have succeeded through fair representation of their people.

No matter what horrors the cutthroat-run nations enact, no one tries to throw them out of the UN. They'd all vote en masse against it.

Mike

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Israel is not special, if you can’t measure up, then well you don’t measure up.

Israel is headed for a world of hurt if they do not back down a bit. Iran will nuke the living hell out them. The Iranians have been refining for how long? I would bet devices are already deployed in Israel.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
Its amazing the blind eye the world seems to turn when it comes to Isreal. When will this quasi nation finally be held accountable?

And isnt it funny how you turn a blind eye to the truth that Isreal isnt the enemy, but the evil that comes from nations like Iran who funds groups like HAMAS, who always attack Isreal. Maybe if Hamas went away the Arabs in palastine will get there own nation.

They already had their own nation till Israel decided to persecute them and imprison them.

The generally astounding level of ignorance displayed in this forum, aside, this comment was such an easy one to pick out that I felt compelled to correct it.

There has never been a "Palestinian" nation. Nor was there even a group of people called "Palestinians" before the creation of the State of Israel. The land that now makes up Israel was originally a part of the Jewish nation of Judea. Skipping forward a couple of thousand years, and the land was divided between Lebanon in the North, Egypt in the South, and Syria and Jordan to the East. These countries owned the land that Israel now owns, and the "Palestinians" are, in fact, Egyptians, Syrians, Jordanians and Lebanese. The land then briefly became part of the Palestinian mandate, the entirety of which the British planned to give to Trans-Jordan. The mandate went on to form most of the modern State of Israel.

This is a slightly simplified version of events, but an accurate one, nonetheless. One thing is certain, there has never been a Palestinian nation, nor is there really such a thing as a "Palestinian".

Now, let's see something else, hands up who hasn't worked out that the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion are a blatant plagiarism of a 19th Century attack on Napoleon III?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by RivenNight]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
the UN has 192 member states and you quote voting percentages of 18 of them without linking your source. The UN does a ood job in a changing world..what would you put in its place??

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RivenNight

Are you sure? Dont deny Palestine a right to live and a right to their land.

The maps tell the truth. quite historical arnt they?

whatreallyhappened.com...

link   
reply to post by mmiichael

mmiichael thanks for posting a small sample of countries that have developed hostility against the US at the UN on the basis of its support of Israel despite its criminal activities.

Unfortunately the US has abundant its own interests while helping Israel conducts mayhem in the Middle East and other parts of the world. You will find most people do not blame the US because it has become saturated with Israeli firsters dual passport holders and agents of foreign influence.

This situation is alien and a diametric contrast to the original state of affairs between the US and the ME and the rest of the Islamic world that grew organically from the virtues of both societies.

link   
Oh, and the "document" that provided the premise for this thread is so obviously fake I don't even know where to begin. That any of you even contemplated the possibility of the UN Secretary General saying something so firm and meaningful would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Not even vaguely historical when presented in such a piss-poor and out-of-context way. How about just telling me which part of what I said was factually incorrect, rather than just referring me to some ill-researched and clearly biased webpage?

Seriously, the first thing that page says is, "The truth is that far from being the poor victim it likes to portray itself as, Israel is in fact the most aggressive and belligerent nation in the region, having invaded pretty much everyone it shares a border with".

The reality is that every major war the State of Israel has fought since its creation has been one of defence. In 1948, 1967 and 1973 the Arab world tried to commit, in the words of one Egyptian newsreader in 1967,
"genocide", and all Israel did was defend itself.

Such an obviously untrue and biased statement at its start tells you everything you need to know about the rest of the page.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What exactly would removing Israels membership do? Perhaps encourage them even more to take out Iran? With no reason for restraint this would be a great idea!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

This is not a legit news source. I think that if the UN Secretary General actually said this - to the general assembly no less - it would have been covered by the "Zionist" main stream media.

This is complete bubkis. Sorry to let you down, but Israel isn’t getting kicked out the UN. It’s too bad though, UN is useless.

Well, I downloaded the .pdf file from un.org. So, you can be the judge of whether it's credible or not.

But I agree with dooper. Get us the heck out of there!

Not one line

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes it is a different committee but according to the official UN site it's the only item from them for that day.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You’re wasting your breath - err... typing.

The Pro-Arab/Muslim contingent on ATS will never accept the truth about Israel, its origins, the events leading up to its creation, and the invasions it had to fight off repeatedly.

You will never get them to admit that there is no such thing as a "Palestinian." In 1947, if you called someone a Palestinian, you were referring to a Jew in British controlled Palestine. Arafat invented the term Palestinian when referring to Arabs.

Gaza should be part of Egypt... as it was pre-1967, but Egypt won't take it back. The West Bank - excluding Jerusalem - should be given to Jordan/Syria. There, now we have a real FOUR state solution.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

UN Secretary General: "I will ask the General Assemly ... to Strip Israel of its Membership"

When the Secretary General of the UN makes a speech before the General Counsel this becomes a matter of 'public record' ...

There's absolutely no evidence on the UN website this speech was ever given.

The pdf document linked on page 1 is obviously a fake ...

Did all of you 'solid contributors' just fall off a Christmas tree ?

Gimme a break ...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well folks, the article is obviously SATIRE. Read the .pdf, and you will see the that the first letters of certain words are bold and capital. Together, the letters spell S-A-T-I-R-E.

The joke is on ATS for not putting this in the HOAX forum.

Amazing how ready people are to line up one way or the other on the issue, though.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A bunch of near extinction Jews turning a strip of desert into a viable country in half a century really bothers a lot of losers.

Unlike their primitively tribal neighbours, they get 1% of the land, no oil gushing from the ground, no shared cultur with a billion and a half others, no advantages, lots of hatred.

The newly created Israel is in a constant state of siege for their religion and implicitly their ability to survive and thrive even in the face of adversity.

The international Boys Club brimming with corrupt dictatorial failed regimes don't like democratic new countries that make them look even more inept and idiotic.

Every effort must be made to have them kicked out.

Ignore your real problems.

Mike

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RivenNight

Not even vaguely historical when presented in such a piss-poor and out-of-context way. How about just telling me which part of what I said was factually incorrect, rather than just referring me to some ill-researched and clearly biased webpage?

Seriously, the first thing that page says is, "The truth is that far from being the poor victim it likes to portray itself as, Israel is in fact the most aggressive and belligerent nation in the region, having invaded pretty much everyone it shares a border with".

The reality is that every major war the State of Israel has fought since its creation has been one of defence. In 1948, 1967 and 1973 the Arab world tried to commit, in the words of one Egyptian newsreader in 1967,
"genocide", and all Israel did was defend itself.

Such an obviously untrue and biased statement at its start tells you everything you need to know about the rest of the page.

Please - I have a Masters in International Relations, have several undergraduate degrees and am continuing with PHD in negotiations - don't even consider telling me I am right or wrong - you are talking pure fabrications.

The modern state as a concept was not established until - at the very earliest - the treaty of the Peace of Westphalia - 1648 - to consider it before then displays a profound lack of the very basics of international realism, or the historical record - to lay claim to the modern state of Israel through biblical lineage is the most disingenuous thing I have seen any one attempt to claim.

Palestine was a protectorate of the united kingdom, THE BRITISH MANDATE OF PALESTINE - it was a country and recognized - for this not to have been the case would mean every person earth was stark raving mad EXCEPT YOU - which is clearly NOT the case - hence I think we can all assume who has no idea what so ever or - has a very clear agenda in which case should be removed from posting on this site as it is PURELY TROLLING and nothing else.

hh

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Below are the voting records of Arabic/Islamic States from US State Department and United Nations records:

Kuwait votes against the US 67% of the time
Qatar votes against the US 67% of the time
Morocco votes against the US 70% of the time
United Arab Emirates votes against the US 70% of the time
Jordan votes against the US 71% of the time
Tunisia votes against the US 71% of the time
Saudi Arabia votes against the US 73% of the time
Yemen votes against the US 74% of the time
Algeria votes against the US 74% of the time
Oman votes against the US 74% of the time
Sudan votes against the US 75% of the time
Pakistan votes against the US 75% of the time
Libya votes against the US 76% of the time
Egypt votes against the US 79% of the time
Lebanon votes against the US 80% of the time
India votes against the US 81% of the time
Syria votes against the US 84% of the time
Mauritania votes against the US 87% of the time

Well, 'DUH!'

What has the USA done to arab nations that would entice Arabs to agree and go along?

If I remember correctly, arab nations were WITH the USA against Iraq in the first gulf war..

Since then, Im surprised that ANY nation has voted 'with' the USA on its current policies.
Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Israel...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greenorbs

good catch.
i'll hang my head in shame now!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
[edit on 15-5-2009 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join