It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] "I will ask the General Assemly ... to Strip Israel of its Membership"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
NOTICE

This event never happened, the thread author did not properly research his topic.

United Nations General Assembly,

New York, NY 11 May 2009

Mr. President Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen:

With each passing year, we come closer to our past. Every year brings with it momentous anniversaries of events that shaped our world. For example, we have recently marked the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II and of the United Nations itself. These two events, inextricably linked, form the basis of what we have come to know as the modern era, the post-war era.

For me, as Secretary–General, looking back on where the UN started and where it is now has a special importance, for I am now charged with guiding the world body through unknown and uncertain territory. “Terrorism” has long since replaced “arms control” and “détente” as the focus of international security, yet the term defies definition.

One country’s terrorist is another country’s revolutionary hero. Some insist that terrorists are opposed to democracy, but we have all seen democracies behave like terrorists. In many ways, the world today does not seem to be very removed from the barbarity of world war.

... Few people know that Israel is the only state to be given a conditional admission. Under General Assembly Resolution 273, Israel was admitted on the condition that it grant all Palestinians the right to return to their homes and receive compensation for lost or damaged property, according to General Assembly Resolution 194 paragraph 11. Suffice to say, Israel has never lived up to these terms, and never intended to.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No link or source???

We are "again', forced to realize this is more lies from the O.P.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

and what if they aren't lies?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i am sure Israel says good riddance to the UN. They should kick the US out too.

I am all for that as well. the UN building can then be used for something at least a tad useful . . . like a sperm bank or something.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh put your panties back on.

It's obviously a topic that gets you worked up!

The OP just forgot to include the link, he didn't make up the whole thing

Deny ignorance, even if the thread is about a topic your soft on!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The UN general secretary has proposed that Israel be kicked out of the UN yet MSN has not reported this news. It is a decision that can be made by the UN as an organisation which means it does not need to be approved by the Security Council.

He says;

Ordinarily, a motion to expel a member nation would have to come at the recommendation of the Security Council, but this is not an ordinary motion. Because Israel is in violation of its terms of admission, it is not a member in good standing, so the UN has every right to declare General Assembly Resolution 273 null and void. Since Israel’s membership depends on adherence to that resolution, its expulsion is automatic.

If this matter was put to the Security Council, the US would automatically caste a veto against the will of the world and force the presence of Israel amongst the representatives of the civilised nations.

Israel, as it currently stands, is incompatible with peace, cooperation and justice. It is violent state prone to routine belligerency and lethal acts againsts the Palestinians and citizens of other nations.

Its legacy of Operation Caste Lead, named after a child's toy reliant upon chance, was a throw of the dice for Israel when it decided to lay siege to Gaza using total war. While this act of war against a captive population could only end in one way for the Palestinians, I take the view that it was a calculated attempt by Israel to extend the tolerance of violence in the international community.

This gamble, for Israel, was a test to evaluate world reaction. Had the governments of the world and world citizens remained silent, Israel may well have escalated its activities to extraordinary levels. Even though governments remained silent, people took to the streets forcing the hand of our leaders to intercede and beg Israel to stop killing the Palestinians.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 023131p://pm3151 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Please provide link w/ the info.

It will get people to focus on the topic, not the way it was brought up!

EDIT: Link doesn't work!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

[snip]

But seriously I am sure Israel could care less what the UN thinks; it’s ineffective they have members on the UN human rights groups who have horrible human rights records. Seriously the UN is a joke and anyone who doesn’t think so needs to come down from the clouds and take a look around.

And your link still doesnt work and I cant find the article anywhere... Is this wishful thinking?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 5-15-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Thanks. I was in the middle of posting and commenting when the usual parties parachuted in.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

[snip]

But seriously I am sure Israel could care less what the UN thinks; it’s ineffective they have members on the UN human rights groups who have horrible human rights records. Seriously the UN is a joke and anyone who doesn’t think so needs to come down from the clouds and take a look around.

I'm impressed. A strawman, a personal attack, and a godwin. Three huge logical fallacies in one small post.

The purpose of the UN is to show a bit of co-operation with other countries to further the idea of human co-operation and the notion of undeniable human rights regardless of borders. Israel can back out of the UN if it wants, but it joined in the first place, so it must have had some reason to do so.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

I know its purpose but in its mission has it ever succeed? Think about all of the wars over the past 60 years? So would you say the UN is useful or useless?

Still waiting on that link.... No didn’t think so
The links still not working....[snip]

Mod Edit: No Baiting and Personal Attacks Please
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

You're going to see a lot of that. It's a knee-jerk reaction to the refusal to accept unpalatable facts.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
For those who cannot access the link I found a transcript in .pdf, if you're interested.

Link to transcript.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is weird, it is being deleted from the internet as we consider the matter.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny_Sokko
For those who cannot access the link I found a transcript in .pdf, if you're interested.

Link to transcript.

Oddly, it is gone from there too.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A working link. for the two excerpts below.

Another link.
Media Monitors Network

There is little reference to this statement by Ban Ki-Moon online , for such a serious subject matter.

On Nov. 29, 1947, it passed General Assembly Resolution 181, “The Partition Plan,” to carve a Jewish state out of Arab Palestine. However, it was never ratified by the Security Council, and so does not exist in law, which means the UN played no role in the creation of Israel. Nevertheless, “The Partition Plan” was utterly illegal and a violation of the UN Charter, because the UN had no right or power to take land from one people and give it to another.

Essentially, the unavoidable, lamentable truth of the last six decades is that the UN has been a moral and political failure because it has refused to enforce its own rules and defend the Charter. Nothing the UN does can have any value as long as this illegitimate member occupies a place in the General Assembly. I want the UN to have value.

I am a little taken aback by these statements , i would certainly like to see other website newmedia reporting this ...... very odd.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, well....

Mason watcher I gotta tell you, you found a gem, and they stole it back.

I'm sure it will be redacted or cosmetically made more PC; and people will call you a liar for ever having relayed the find.

Too bad really. Every now and again, I like to pretend there's hope. Then AIPAC strikes. And the dance begins all over again.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny_Sokko

Now with that being read do you honestly think it is going to go down that way?? The west won’t allow it. I am sure there will be nations tripping over themselves to vote Israel out, like Iran and most Muslim nations, but I see the UN become embarrassed again and nothing coming of this.

On a side note, I do believe the palatines should be giving there own country, maybe if they mad HAMAS irrelevant then we would see another Arab state there in Palestine.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

It is useful still. It supplies aid to poor nations that need help, and is the birthplace of modern human rights resolutions. If Israel left or was kicked out of the UN, it would be in a bad place politically and economically.

And of course I'm not saying it's perfect or works for everything. It should still be revised and refined.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Epic Wolf]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny_Sokko

That is odd indeed. Luckily, I saved the .pdf to my hd. It's the transcripts from "UN News Center." But another poster saved the day with a link so I don't see the need to post the pdf on a hosting site. I will though if anyone wants it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join