It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS 2 HD Learns Ancient Secrets Of Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wcbstv.com...

Civilization in Jerusalem dates back more than 4,000 years. New fascinating evidence of it is being unearthed every day and uncovering Christianity in the Holy Land.

A very interesting article. I hope whatever they find in the archeological site offers up a lot of answers about Jerusalem 4,000 years ago.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Doesn't this conflict with the bible timeline?

second line

[edit on 15-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually i thought Jerusalem was much older then that. More in the 5000 year old range. The Execration Texts which mention a city called Roshlamem that was at the location of Jerusalem before its official founding. But i could just be misinformed

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The oldest dating of Jerusalem itself would be with the Judean conquest of King David 3000 years ago (although the oldest extant artifact that gives veracity to the biblical account in II Samuel is a pillar discovered in 1933 in Tel Dan which has an Aramaic inscription that says "House David" that dates to 2900 years ago).

King David built Jerusalem on the ancient village of Silwan, which does date to about 5000 years ago. So, Jerusalem didn't exist 5000 years ago, but it is built upon a village that did.

I guess it would be like saying the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral in Rome is 3000 years old even though it was built in the 10th Century because it was built on top of the remains of Roman Temple dedicated to Jupiter from 2000 years before.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So does that mean that the article had discovered a piece of the village of Silwan or are they trying to say that the founding of the city by King David is a couple of thousand year older then previously thought?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Depends how you read Gen 14:18.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auguste133

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Depends how you read Gen 14:18.

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God." I really dont see what that has to do with Jerusalem?

top topics

join