It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

You have 245 stars. If you go to your profile, look a little bit under your avatar and points. It will show you how many you have.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know it off topic but with all the elders present I know one of you would know where I could find a avatar with an Emerald crystal or the like ?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

How's this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcf133995795.jpeg[/atsimg]

You can send me a U2U if you want me to try and find something else.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by badmedia

Look at that ...

Say it and it is done.

I feel like Bill hicks in the marketing joke.

"He's going for the anti-marketing dollar, good market he's very smart."

"I am not doing that..."

Didn't really want or care about a title honestly. I suppose it's a nice gesture, but the system itself is what is flawed, giving out more titles isn't going to fix that. It was fine when it was just stats and number, but give people levels and out the window things go.

I honestly don't care how many topics I start or whatever. Stats are kind of cool for curiosity sake, but these title and things just take things well beyond that. Been around and seen these things before.

I've been holding back in this thread and didn't want to give the impression it was that big of deal. Kind of hard to post an opinion without giving the impression it's real important. Not trying to whine, just don't like these kinds of things, but looks like I got the whiners reward.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Stars: 696
Applause: 11
Flags: 6

I don't want to sound like i'm complaining but honestly i have more than enough stars and post to have a silver badge but i only have 6 flags because most of the topics i would start a thread about have already been started here.

So in all fairness the requirement to have x amount of flags to even get a badge is a little unfair don't ya think. and i'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this way

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I think tons of us have enough requirements for "gold" "silver" or "bronze" in everything but flags.

I was only given bronze because I have over 2000 posts.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well, as stated above, you would receive Bronze status for 2000 posts, which is kind of a nice thing.

However, the whole system becomes pointless if the staff start making all kinds of changes right after rolling it out. It may not be perfect, nothing is, and they can't make everybody happy, I think we should all be happy with what we have.

I have my quams with the system aswell, particularily with the number of flags required as it's generally a hard thing to do when your a part of a community with so many intelligent and well spoken members.

But mind you, I think the staff taking the time to create these little things is great, I see too much focus on the problems vs the time and effort spent giving us more credit and a better website in general.

Edit To Add: It would also make the system pointless if everything was really easy to acquire, Raven said that most of us meet the requirements for gold and silver, so there's gotta be a challenge somewhere.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/16/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I was only given bronze because I have over 2000 posts.

Tread lightly young lady, bronze is much more likely to turn solid than to sterling or 14K

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

see that's what i'm getting at. flags should be left out of the requirements. they gave you a bronze yet there are a few of us that meet the post and stars requirement for whatever badge, But we don't even get anything. and if the 3 amigos are going to make exceptions for some they need to make exceptions for all if they aren't going to drop the flag requirement. or NO EXCEPTIONS AT ALL!

[edit on 5/16/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was aware and now I am not. I was solid and now I am bronze... I am so confusing.
(I need one more post of wisdom to be aware again....) sigh. Oh and so what am I at BTS? I will have to go investigate.

Since this fosters competition as well as quality, shall our members be stingier with the flags and stars I wonder?

People hardly flag anymore as it is. I just wonder if the system is too much like a Kindergarten star board....

We shall see.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by seagrass]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well right... but... I mean, I have made a ton of posts.

They're not going to give out things for free. It's not an exception. They decided to make the alternative bronze requirement because tons of longtime members have made lots of posts but not lots of threads. Anyone can get a bronze now if they make 2000 posts.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i was happy with the old bar system. I realize they put a lot of work into the new system and it looks great. and i know you can't please everyone all of the time.

But the requirement to have x amount of flags to get a shiny new badge isn't really a fair requirement given the enormous amount of info that comes into this site everyday. Alot of people don't start threads because the topic they wanted to cover is already being covered, and we don't want 100's of threads talking about the same things so those that aren't the OP's don't get flags, thus there flag count is minimal.

Now we have the exception if you have 2,000 post but less flags and stars for the levels below bronze you still get a bronze badge.

if they are going to make exceptions for one group they should have made exceptions for all the other groups or made no exceptions at all.

The way it looks to some is if they make exceptions to one group then they are placing favorites with that group and might upset everyone else.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Oh thank goodness, I am the same person at BTS....

So many changes... I was scared for a second....

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I'm not saying you don't deserve the bronze badge. But honestly it is an exception

BRONZE: (exception)
Members with more than 2,000 posts, but less than the other levels for bronze receive the "BRONZE" tag, but still see ads.

from SO's post on the first page

And just because some have 2,000 or more post it doesn't mean that their post are more important than someone that has under 1,000. It just means that some people have more free time, or read and type faster than others.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well done, SO, especially the work on adjusting for pre-flagging thread contribution. And I appreciate my Bronze status as a contributor of mass responses if not of great threads

Now to move on to a new complaint

reply to post by Chissler

Stars have been removed from BTS.

This decision is tied to the new concepts that have been introduced recently. So please contribute your thoughts on this to the existing thread.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

Closing thread...

Okay, I completely understand wanting to take away stars on BTS, and am actually sort of surprised that flags from BTS are still counted. (though I haven't checked, can new BTS threads get flagged?)

But it would be really awesome if they could be replaced somehow so that members who post something really funny for example (since BTS is a good place to go for comic relief) could be rewarded by members who don't necessarily have anything to add to the thread.

edit to fix bbcode

[edit on 5/16/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Do I have to say it again? OK I will...

This is a THANK YOU to those that have helped us build ATS into the huge site it is, it's not a contest or some ranking system.

Those who haven't created the minimum amount of threads necessary (and let's face it THREADS are what create the vast majority of the content, what would we reply to if there were no new threads? NOTHING...) to generate the minimum number of flags haven't earned the badge.

It's simple, those who do the work get the thanks, it says NOTHING about those who haven't yet, it only says thanks to those who have.

Springer...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In a post a few pages back it was mentioned that the new titles could make a difference in how we are seen by new members. That, without a fairly high title we might not be taken seriously.

This is a duh moment for me but I never realized there was a bar system until this thread. Changing name to dumb blond. Just kidding

The new system may not be as noticeable to new members as we might think.

I've always judged a writer by the content of his/her post. I have starred and flagged threads I didn't agree with solely for presentation. That hasn't happened often but it has happened.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's great to see ATS wants reward contributors to this fine board and the monikers added as tags look quite spiffy.

Although some may feel slighted by the status they may receive,I would just like to remind the many at ATS that I don't look for tags,points or stars as such, I read your posts.

Now that that's out of the way.... How do I get a penguin icon in chat and receive mascot status as a tag.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why can't users give applause?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
Why can't users give applause?
Might be good to make a standard then, so many stars = applause.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join