It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

There is actually 24 character spaces but that's not my point.

Anyway, is there some kind of 23 character limit that SO specified?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Lol... if I could, I would give you a star..

I really don't think it will be a problem, no one ever made a big deal about the bars did they? at least, I never actually saw anyone make a big deal about the bars.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Why thank you thank you. It really shouldn't be a problem. But you will always have whiners no matter what you do.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That's because nobody understood how the bars actually worked. Plus, they were so small, they were unnoticeable. Seeing giant letters with shadow, glow, and gradient effects on them draw more attention.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I'm not whining about it. Voicing opinions is what is done here, so that's all I'm doing. I really do hope that the system works out great and everybody is happy with it. It's just that, from past experiences on other sites, you can't help but hope for the best and plan for the worst.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I know there are going to be a lot of people backing this change and a lot of people disagreeing with it. I personally feel that although it might be a change that with entice newer members to contribute more and increase membership, I believe that in the long run, this will be harmful to the culture of ATS as a whole. Over the years I have seen good members simply stop coming on to ATS, and I will admit that I had my long breaks from ATS as things on the site started to change dramatically.

I know that from a business perspective, the model for a website is to increase traffic and advertising revenue, and that I respect. However, what might seem as a way to increase traffic and revenue to a website, may in the end, push members of old, away from the site.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish that ATS of present would somehow transition back to ATS of past. In other words, I would rather have members not worry about reaching a new level/class/sub-class or how many points they're able to garner, but rather, what it means to deny ignorance by being opinionated and informed.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I just want to mention I wasn't singling anyone out. It was just an quick insight. And an ill timed one at that. Seems I interrupt a light hearted jab fest with a "Jack Handy" moment.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I don't "post for points", I don't know if you have ever read any of my threads(probably not, but I could be wrong) but if you did you will see that I am not going to take the time to make those for points of non monetary value. I post, like most other members because I want to share information, like the 2nd line in my mini profile says "The truth is out there".

[edit on 5/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowNothing

Originally posted by IKnowNothing

I would rather have members not worry about reaching a new level/class/sub-class or how many points they're able to garner.
Ah, are you sure you are in the right place?
Sounds like you may want the Dungeons & Dragons forums
(sorry, couldn't help myself)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
What about those nasty little trolls ? Any chance ATS will make a toll title for those that repeatedly troll ?

Yep the title is called "Banned"

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
hey... I'm just one small flag away to reach NOVICE status.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Anyone notice that stars are no longer applicable in BTS? There are no stars nor can you star a post there.

Also there is something new added.

SimplyStunningInsight just below my Bronze level.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by whatukno]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I never said "post for points." From what I can tell, points are irrelevant to the rankings (except for maybe Cosmic, since I don't see the requirements for that at the time I'm posting this).

reply to post by ddacunha

Oh boy, I'm so going to get slammed for flagging one of your topics.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm starting to get a kick out of whats going on

This is actually getting pretty funny now were have cool little sayings under our rankings

Edit to add I cant wait to see whats next

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I got it. It's Cosmic contributor. questioningall is at that level, with well over 2000 flags.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wow that's "simply stunning insight"

Have you noticed?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Whine And Geez

Hmm, looking through the responses, I'm hoping nobody will think it's inappropriate to voice dissent when it comes to all this. I know it's easy to get the idea that different points of view aren't welcome when it comes to administrative decisions.

But the truth is much different. We are all bound to honor the T&C, but while we are all required to honor them, that doesn't mean we can't disagree when we think the management has made a bad call.

In this case, my only personal objection is the use of the term "Novice" to refer to members who are clearly anything but novices when it comes to ATS. But I'm confident that will get settled in time.

Other members have other issues to air, and it's all good.

The deadliest weapon is patience.

Polite disagreement is sacred and protected by the terms & conditions. If you're disagreeing with a site owner, for example, but doing so while honoring the T&C, us mods have no basis for interference.

When personal attacks or other forms of insult come into the picture, however, all bets are off. But again I digress.

I'm seeing some well-expressed dissent in this thread. If you disagree and are willing to express your disagreement in a polite manner, you're in the right thread.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Nice touch

As a way to recognize those who contribute alot its awesum.

It in no way means I will surf through threads looking for certian level contributors at all however, Status means little to but solid thought provoking posts will always get my attention even if I do not agree with them

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

post by whatukno

I believe I have.

Strange isn't it? Now above Gold is Cosmic contributor. I bet that has a secret to it. I bet it's well beyond 2000 flags to reach there. I bet it's something sinister and twisted that only SO knows for sure.

HEY BILL WRITE IT DOWN THIS TIME! :shk:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

You object more to "Novice" than "godlike"? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

What term would you use to replace "Novice" that insinuates a lower "status" than "Solid"?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join