It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: May 14th, 2009 Speech In Congress ... Wow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Must Watch! Only 5 minutes but well worth it.

This is an excellent speech ... well said! i just wish he wasn't talking to deaf ears ....

[edit on 15-5-2009 by baseball101]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
More of Ron Paul stating the obvious and everyone thinking he's a genius. But did you notice that he seemed a little less collected, and little less sharp than he usually is?

He's gettin old....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Be fair, it's five AND A HALF minutes. =) He can do a lot of talking in 35 extra seconds!

I have a hard time understanding how people can blow him off. He predicted what is happening today, yet people aren't listening to his predictions for the future of our nation. The conservative mouthpieces & the one's in office talk about an ideal world where personal freedoms are granted, etc, but none of them really want to live in that world because it puts the servant back in public servant!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

but none of them really want to live in that world because it puts the servant back in public servant!

You nailed it!

I think our political machinery (the dems and repubs) have become marginalized by their dependence on media supported 'super stardom'.

They believe themselves to be better than the rest of the citizenry.

Ron Paul's arguments always return to the mandate the American people impose upon their servants.... they don't want the American people to remember that they are OUR employees and not our leaders.

They are OUR representatives, not guardians or caretakers.

Their power comes from the American people, NOT their party.

They have the finest health care in the world, for free. Why is that? They have benefits extended to them for the remainder of their lives. Why is that?

Why do we allow them to TELL us that they are heroes and geniuses?

The key is service. They don't provide it, they actually have been witnessed working against us. Yet we continue to allow them the prerogative of ignoring us..., based on the premise that they (of all people) "know better."

In this matter, and many others, it is the loss of the free press that destroyed our political system. The corporatists got into the halls of power and allowed the press to be usurped and utterly dominated; we lost our popular education model, and now our kids don't even know what the 10th ammendment is, or why 'habeus corpus' was so important that thousands gave their lives to restore it.

Hell, most of them can't even tell you what the words on the dollar bill mean, or what is the difference between cash and credit; and why our money is called 'Federal Reserve Notes." Even our illustrious President calls for us to 'get credit flowing' ... what an oxymoron! Credit is deficit, cash flows, NOT credit. But what we are to accept and understand is being drilled into us - not because it's right, not because it's correct, just because we are told to accept it.

Soon they will change history, and then our grandkids will be even more ignorant.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is this man not one of the American greats? Yes, he is! He's cut from the same cloth as the founding fathers. Enjoy watching this brilliant patriot while we're blessed with his presence.

I predict that if America survives, and by survive I mean burns the FED to the ground, cleans out Washington and Wall Street and totally disinfects them once and for all... this man's son will become president, and probably one of the best of all time.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
More of Ron Paul stating the obvious and everyone thinking he's a genius. But did you notice that he seemed a little less collected, and little less sharp than he usually is?

He's gettin old....

Not sure if that's a pro-RP statement ... but to the fact that he's getting old we don't have to worry his son Rand Paul is following in his father's footsteps quite well blog.indecisionforever.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Kicking butts, as ALWAYS. But no, americans are too retard to vote for him and vote for McChange... that fraud.

Yeah they talk about making us more safe... how the hell are we gonna be safe when there's no more money and the dollar collapse? You won't be safe at all.

Anyway kudos to those who re-elected Ron Paul to his congressional seat. We don't hear much from Kucinich these days... his savior was elected?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Imagine your neighbor sitting on your fence in your backyard. He has the right to sit there, right? I mean it's his fence too. Then one day he swings his leg over the fence onto your side. You approach your neighbor and ask him to not sit on the fence. Your neighbor says he has every right to sit on his fence. You let it go. At night you are undressing in front of the window and look out to see your neighbor sitting on the fence looking at you. Mad as hell, you close the blinds, get dressed and walk out to tell him to get off the fence. This escalates into a argument in which your other neighbor calls the police. The police come out and tell you both to stay in your own yard. The next day the guy is sitting on the fence again. You've had enough and you go onto his property and pull him off his fence. He makes a citizens arrest on you the police come out detaining you for trespassing and assault.

This is exactly what our foreign policy accomplishes. We sit on everybody's fence and wait for them to come after us. When they do we say they are the bad guys. Then we take matters into our own hands justifying defensive measures and deliver justice to them.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Good old Ron Paul and good old common sense.

It seems to me rather than requiring civil service from our school aged citizens we ought to require them to all read the Farmer's Almanac each year so people start learning the values of common sense again.

Clearly most people have so little common sense a man like Ron Paul who is nothing but great common sense, seems uncommon by extension.

I sure hope the democratic left is finally getting when it comes to war mongering, bankrupting economic and moral policies and the creation of a Police State the republicans truly don't have anything on the democrats there. Looks like an even race and score to me!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
For those who wished CHANGE....you should voted Ron Paul
instead Obama will use the carot to lead the world exacly at
the same destination that Bush was heading.....

top topics

join