It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aipac's hidden persuaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Aipac's hidden persuaders

www.guardian.co.uk

The Israel lobby is aiming to soften up US public opinion for an attack on Iran. Americans should resist its propaganda

Israel is in the midst of a massive diplomatic, political and intelligence campaign, both public and covert, that could lead – if those officials behind it have their way – towards a military strike on Iran

Actions to convey and/or deny information … to foreign audiences to influence their emotions, motives and objective reasoning as well as to intelligence systems and leaders … ultimately resulting in foreign behaviours and official actions favourable to [US] o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Indeed, they are already a good deal of the way toward this goal, as the latest polling from Rasmussen Report reveals. According to it, 49% of Americans believe that if Israel attacks Iran then the US should help Israel.

Summary: Israel is winning with it's propoganda campaign.

The Israeli lobby have way too much power, and is a great force in the political and military arena. And even economic, I mean do they even pay for their wars or does America?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

AIPAC is one of the most effective marketing institutions on the planet. They take their efforts beyond molding public opinion, and go straight to the decision-makers.

Whether the rumors of blackmail, and coercion are true or not, their effectiveness cannot be underestimated. But it sure is poorly understood.

In America we are, generally speaking, under a blanket of fear, for to criticize the Israeli government is immediately equated with antisemitism (which is exceedingly ironic considering the nature of the facts.)

I often wondered if the same can be said of the UK, or Australia, or New Zeland? It seems that any English-speaking nation which was more or less colonial at any point is under the same 'pseudo' restriction on the expression of opinions regarding the Zionist agenda.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I often wondered if the same can be said of the UK, or Australia, or New Zeland? It seems that any English-speaking nation which was more or less colonial at any point is under the same 'pseudo' restriction on the expression of opinions regarding the Zionist agenda.

not english speaking
but english speaking with strong military......budget...for their taking

so i'd say UK yes but not so much Australia or NZ.

I think it's because America has been under their thumb for a bit longer than anyone else.

Only the people can stop this, and i'm serious

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The last election showed how many people are sick of war, this war would be no different.

I don't believe for one minute that 49% of Americans will back israel in a war on Iran!

This is looked down upon as another front on the middle east war in most Americans eyes, it maters not what israel stands to lose or says!

THIS IS THE PROPAGANDA, TELLING YOU THAT 1/2 OF AMERICANS ARE FOR THIS WAR!!!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
o s###, I am again late. I will ask to close my thread. star and flag for u. and sorry

new topics

top topics

join