It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional leaders inadvertently expose Israeli lobbyists behind letter to Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Congressional leaders inadvertently expose Israeli lobbyists behind letter to Obama

[url=http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/15/gop-democratic-leader-inadvertently-expose-israeli-lobbyists-behind-their-letter-to-obama]rawstory.com[/ur l]

GOP House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) circulated a letter to colleagues this week urging President Obama to support Israel when moving forward with any Israeli peace process.

Trouble is, they forgot to delete the name of the lobbying group involved in the letter from the document.

The practice of lobbyists writing letters for congressmembers — to which they affix their names — is not uncommon. The custom was prominently in view during the scandal involving fallen power-lobbyist Jack Abramoff, whose staff were sometimes responsible for
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk...

MODS Please fix this
link:
rawstory.com...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
AIPAC is scary to say the least.
And this is Congress.

If you read the names in the letter, it's mostly PNAC members who want to destroy the middle east and eradicate Iran.

Please ensure you read the additional News Links Link

Check the link to read the Letter to Obama, it can be read there as a .gif or you can download it too.

[url=http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/15/gop-democratic-leader-inadvertently-expose-israeli-lobbyists-behind-their-letter-to-obama/]rawstory.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You might want to fix this link... seems not to have 'taken'

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

ya I know
I dont know what happened
the code looks fine though

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Maxmars

ya I know
I dont know what happened
the code looks fine though

Look at it closer ... See the very end has a space between "UR" and "L]"

Delete that space and save it. All Good.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
[url=http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/15/gop-democratic-leader-inadvertently-expose-israeli-lobbyists-behind-their-letter-to-obama/]rawstory.com[/u rl]

Funny, the submission process seems to insert the space... Hmm.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

h ttp://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/15/gop-democratic-leader-inadvertently-expose-israeli-lobbyists-behind-their-letter-to-obama/rawstory.com[/
[edit on 16-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

sorry went to the url and it says no post's matched what I copied from your link.

Give me a second I will find it in a pdf and post it for you:
media.abovetopsecret.com...

they changed the title on the pdf page already sorry here is an update

Update: In response to an email query, Katie Grant, a spokeswoman for House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said, “The letter was discussed with AIPAC, and a staffer named it that.”

Josh Block, a spokesman for AIPAC, said he wasn’t familiar with the particular letter but that he could “only guess that whoever wrote the [letter] used it that title as shorthand, since it’s well know that we support the Hoyer/Cantor letter it is attached to.”

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes i noticed the space
but when I go into edit mode there is no space

top topics

join