It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Inadvertently Curbed In Past By Lead Pollution, Scientists Find

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Global Warming Inadvertently Curbed In Past By Lead Pollution, Scientists Find

www.sciencedaily.com

.. In comparison to clouds with a low lead content, clouds with a high lead content thus actually help cool the earth. Over the last twenty years, there has been a continuing decrease in the rate of anthropogenic lead emissions. This may mean that the greenhouse effect is now even more pronounced because lead-containing clouds once previously helped limit it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencedaily.com
www.sciencedaily.com
www.sciencedaily.com

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think it is interesting that such discoveries such as:

.. heat given off from the earth's surface is more efficiently radiated into space by ice clouds (cirrus) with lead-containing particles than has been hitherto realized.

are rarely, if ever, acknowledged by those who seem compulsively obsessed with "anthropomorphically generated carbon" as the singular, or primary culprit of "global warming."

Isn't it ironic that atmospheric lead pollution actually mitigates the effect of 'greenhouse' gases? Beware climate change engineers who may use this knowledge to 'save us' while exposing us to lead in our air and water.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Beware climate change engineers who may use this knowledge to 'save us' while exposing us to lead in our air and water.

This is what scares me. We already know people are experimenting with cloud seeding and weather manipulation.

Attempting to add lead to the atmosphere could have very significant repercussions for both us and the ecology.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
They flip flop so much on this, that i would quit paying attention if i wasn't pretty sure that's what they want. They change the story three times a week and it's intentional. They are trying to keep people confused and in a panic about 'climate change' so they can continue to use it as an excuse to further their agenda.

TA

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Drat. Say it isn't so!

Well-taken warning about climate engineers seeding clouds with lead particles, and thereby polluting soil, ground water and etc. Gahh. They'd do it too.

Where are the brakes on this thing?

S&F, of course.

new topics

top topics

join