It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Phase 6 check list*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
-M2 .50 caliber machine guns
-T-72 tanks
-AP mines
-AT mines
-Stinger missiles
-Ak-47's
-B-52's
-F-15's
-Duct tape
-Radar
-Garden
-Straw Hat
-Chainsaw
-Patriot Missiles
-MLRS
-Tacos
-Dairy cow
-Solar powered well
-New Tires
-Freshly changed oil

You forgot dick wipes.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
ok hubby has just said catering bags of rice and pasta...

pulses too are good for you...

it isnt YUMMY but its food... that and vitamins would be cool for a month or so...

Do people think it is pertinent to buy more than a months worth??

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Seriously though, I have actually chosen to ignore the swine flu, because I haven't had the flu since 1988, and I have never gotten a flu shot.

That said, it is a good idea to be prepared at all times for sit x.

I think that there is potential for extreme governmental error, such as a declaration of martial law or maybe just a power grab in the event a pandemic hoax like we are seeing now.

You should be able to feed those in your house for at least 4 months. You also should make medical arrangements for that amount of time and have an extensive medical duffle bag that includes a sugery kit.

Defense is important.

Pets, plants, garden care is important.

Generatior, fresh water ect.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Posted this in another thread but seems pertinent here too

For further good news on Vit D (and links to buying some of course)

www.naturalnews.com...

www.abacohealth.com...

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

also meant to be good is Vit C, Green Tea, St johns Wort, Fresh Garlic all of which are excellent anti virals and Green tea also decreases the Cytokine effect as does Vit E

Have plenty rice,various pasta,oats,beans,lentils,tinned tom's,various fish,fruit dried and tinned, mix of nuts, N95 masks, colliodal silver, onions, garlic, growing various vege and berries, basic medicine, not enough water (yet) but at worst river is close and i can boil, woods not far either.
Also plenty tea,coffee,sugar,flour,herbs,spices, tinned meat, sauces, clockwork light, candles, matches.... plenty im missing too.

Been building for a while so just getting into rotation of stock because even if it's not this, it's better to be prepared than not.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I always keep a supply of goods on hand for anything from post hurricane survival to pandemic to complete civil disorder. The good news is that you do not have to spend a great deal of money to build up a food supply, especially if you approach it as long term storage food for dire emergencies.

Costco sells 10 gallon bucket "emergency food" kits which contain a months worth of dehydrated meals. These cost about 50 to 75 dollars, US. I have several of these still sealed and packed away in a cool, dark place. The food is not "ideal" as in organic and all that but it is easy to prepare, taste decent and will maintain nutrition.

The least expensive way to store up 6 months to a year of food is actually very simple:

Buy a years worth of quality multi-vitamins, enough for the family. (gummy bear type are great for kids). These are used to make sure you don't deplete a specific vitamin or mineral requirement.

Go to Sam's or Costco, etc and buy the large, restaurant supply bags of rice. For two adults and two kids I bought 200 pounds worth which should last a minimum of 6 months if not longer.

Also buy the large supply bags of beans. Get something easy to prepare that doesn't need lots of water to soak if possible.

Get a food vacuum sealer from Walmart with plenty of the "bags" made for it. We bought the quart and gallon size ones.

Purchase some large containers of spices, the restaurant size ones are good. We also picked up gallon size containers of chicken and beef broth in dried form, rise pilaf powder, curry powders and so on. These will make eating rice and beans a bit more pleasurable.

Buy some large #10 cans of soups in a variety of flavors. The basics like chicken soup, tomato, vegetable soup, stew, chili and so on. They don't store as long but the idea is to break up the rice and beans. People will actually starve themselves rather than eat the same bland food for every meal once enough time has passed. Even not eating enough, especially in kids can lead to malnourishment.

Buy some of the largest containers of drink mix in a variety of flavors. Gatorade, Tang, Lemonade and Tea is nice to have when you're on rice, beans and water.

Buy a case or two or three of the foil packed meat, canned tuna / chicken, even ground beef. You'll be glad you did later.

Canned fruit and veggies, as much as you feel like spending for is worth it.

Break the rice and beans down into one gallon bags and vacuum seal them. Double bagging is even better. You want to store these away somewhere dark and cool and check them weekly for mold and insect invasion. Large coolers make excellent storage "pantries" and make moving your supply easier.

Consider this to be your long term, true emergency food supply. Ideally you want to rotate it with new supplies and eat your way through it but donating the stuff that is approaching 1 or 2 years of age is also worthwhile. I replace the entire supply of dried goods once per year and the canned goods we don't eat every two years. We end up with a years worth of food stored away for a few hundred dollars spent every 12 months or so.

Keeping a well supplied pantry with canned good, dried goods, spices and so on will help stretch your supply if and when the day you can't go to a grocer arrives. The day the rush on the grocers begins and the prices are doubled or tripled is not the time to make a run for supplies.

We also keep a few cases of bottled water and have a Berkey Light filter. We're hoping to move somewhere more remote and establish our own water well and off grid power. Those plans have moved up to immediately now due to the swine flu.

Collect some family style recipe books also. They can give you some ideas for using your food supply and creating your own versions of various recipes with your supply. If you do this right you'll end up with a variety of food that won't bore you to death and avoid spending 4 thousand on those "family food kits" all the conspiracy radio shows push.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

lol I don't know if you are serious... or seriously taking the piddle!

But yes... one should be prepared ANYWAY... regardless of any pan/epi/demic.....

We owe ourselves to keep ourselves free from harm... Our mothers birthed us to survive... not to perish

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
ahhh... another thought.... child 1 of 5 has severe alergies... we need to renew her epi-pen etc.....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Well no piggies from the car pick up...lol......

Thanks for starting this thread.......I will put information here when I get a chance...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Sorry that was hilarious!

Can I add another "funny" in here amidst all of the seriousness?
Last month, after one of my weekly stock-up trips, my husband was watching me huffily bringing in things which included yet another mound of toilet paper packages.
He looked at me very seriously and said "you know, before you go and spend another $6000 on toilet paper remember, a couple of extra washcloths would be fine. They wash out for free".

He was rewarded with a dirty look (but I giggled all the way down to the basement; just wait unitl you get diarrhea, I thought!)

Back to the thread! Which is great, by the way!

FMF

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We have got 3 months supply of food, most of which won't need cooking. Even if we don't need to use it for this I think its good to have anyway in case of emergencies and so we're going to keep it topped up and use a first in first out rotation.
We have about 2 months supply of water... I need to add to this.
Medicines for 6 months.
Car topped up with petrol.
Camping stove and gas.
Candles - 6 months supply.
Solar panels.
We have a back up plan too in case this gets really bad... we wouldn't want to stay here in a major town if people are dropping like flies so we'll be heading out to a remote house with a vegetable garden, woods and off mains power. We've designated this as the meeting point to go to for all family and friends in case we can't contact each other.

Also, I'm buying everything I can online rather than visit a grocery store. When they deliver it all I'm asking each time for them to let me keep the plastic delivery crates and I'm using these to stack everything, plus if we have to move from here they'll make it all easy to transport.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mamana]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

What type of allergies does this one have? I have read that apples/apple juice helps to reduce symptoms by relieving congestion and mucus build up. I am not giving medical advice by any means, but my husband has asthma and every day for many years now, he has been in the habit of eatng an apple. He was able to stop getting his allergy shots entirely! Also, my boss drinks apple juice in the morning for his allergies...just found this out last week! So if this would work for those of you whose children have a lot of congestion you might check with your doctor and see if keeping a supply of apple juice would be helpful. All children love juices! (I think).

Also, I always have Epsom salts around because I am a back patient (chronic) and soak regularly. What epsom salts are also good for besides muscle aches (good when you are sick!) is that the salts will cleanse the pores of toxins...and yes, I swear by this! You can even buy lavender scented ones to make the bathtub soak very nice and relaxing for the spirit.
I wanted to add in a couple of things to the list that are inexpensive, and maybe not as obvious as groceries and water storage. Thanks again,

FMF

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
reply to post by yzzyUK

What type of allergies does this one have? I have read that apples/apple juice helps to reduce symptoms by relieving congestion and mucus build up. I am not giving medical advice by any means, but my husband has asthma and every day for many years now, he has been in the habit of eatng an apple. He was able to stop getting his allergy shots entirely! Also, my boss drinks apple juice in the morning for his allergies...just found this out last week! So if this would work for those of you whose children have a lot of congestion you might check with your doctor and see if keeping a supply of apple juice would be helpful. All children love juices! (I think).

Also, I always have Epsom salts around because I am a back patient (chronic) and soak regularly. What epsom salts are also good for besides muscle aches (good when you are sick!) is that the salts will cleanse the pores of toxins...and yes, I swear by this! You can even buy lavender scented ones to make the bathtub soak very nice and relaxing for the spirit.
I wanted to add in a couple of things to the list that are inexpensive, and maybe not as obvious as groceries and water storage. Thanks again,

FMF

Apple juice can cause diarrhea for some people especially if they drink too much.

If you want to get rid of mucous, lemon juice is your best choice. You can add sugar (the real stuff) for added caloric value if they aren't eating well but try to keep it tart.

Stay away from milk and milk products if congestion or mucous is a problem.

And don't forget the water. Adequate hydration is essential.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You are correct about apple juice causing digestion problems in general. That's why I don't drink it. But, I was thinking for children it might work for short term congestion relief; maybe this is only a good solution for adults! That's why I said to check with your doctor first!

Maybe a watered-down version would be better, as in the type of juices that are given in babie's bottles and sippy cups?
Any mother's out there care to weigh in on this?

Thanks for your information!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If we are talking about pandemic type situations, then I think the bug in option is much more likely than a bug out scenario.

That being said, and specifically for my situation,

bleach (non-scented)
ammonia

anti-bacterial hand soap, although I opt for Dawn Plus. It's anti-bacterial, can be used to clean hands, dishes, most surfaces, and honestly, it does a better job on laundry than most detergents (takes grease out of the way!)

jars and jars of vitamin c
daily multiple vitamins
acetaminophen (spell?) and ibuprophen (can be taken together)
chewables of the above for the kids
anti- diarrheal tabs (trust me!)
triple anti-biotic gel
hydrogen peroxide

entertainment, like movies, board games, decks of cards, crayons, markers, finger paints and construction type paper.
popcorn lasts forever, and can be made easily. Fun little comfort food, too.

I tried hitting some things I hadn't seen mentioned previously,
nice thread.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
So.... hubby and I have enough to see our huge family through at least 4 weeks IF [for the doubters] anything should happen ....

What are your top 20 things to have in stock?

I always have a pharmacy in my house, hehe. We have our ear thermometer with the ear thermometer caps, tylenol, advil, dayquil, nightquil, kids tylenol, kids advil, kids benedril, tylenol severe allergy, a huge bottle of Dial hand soap, I have to stock up on grapefruit, orange, lemon, and lime juice. That's about it, for our pharmacy.

For food we have Ramen noodles, bottled water, 3 whole chickens, for chicken soup, celery, carrots, tea, and that's about it. We have 3 first aid kits, flash lights, and batteries, but I think that's more for disaster planning then for the swine flu. heheeh

I also forgot to mention that I have just bought a huge bottle of bleach, and laundry detergent. The best way to get rid of the flu, or colds is to wash everything, from the bathtub, to your bedsheets. It kills most virus's. I use bleach and water to clean my toilets, sink, and bath tub, works like a charm.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by mysticalzoe]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Geez guys the more I read the more I am adding to my list, and adding more stuff here. We also have a ton of candles, batteries, I just bought gas for our little canister in the garage, it's for our lawn mower, but at least we have some. I have to buy matches, and more batteries. Thanks for posting this, it has gotten me to think about what i really have.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If any of y'all have a dehydrator, it might be prudent to dehydrate some fresh vegetables. If you need to be quarantined for quite some time, your fresh fruit/vegetable supply might run out for the duration. Dehydrating fruits and vegetables now would be good to use for soups/stews later. For those of you with limited space like me, dehydrated vegetables don't require much space to store and you don't have to worry about the food going bad in case your electricity goes out. Frozen veggies are fine, but without electricity, they're pretty much useless.

I'm so stocked with non-perishable food that our tiny apartment is bursting to the gills! I have bottled water, extra laundry detergent and bleach, and plenty of soap.

This past week I also stocked up on cough syrup. I have 6 bottles...two different kinds...cough suppressant and the kind to loosen bring up mucus. I have a huge supply of Vitamin D for both me and my husband.

Over the winter, my docs were advising me to take 6,000 to 7,000 units a day because I was so deficient. I was giving my husband about 2,000 units a day. Now that I've built up my Vitamin D levels and am out in the sun, we're both taking just 2,000 units a day. Neither one of us got the first cold/virus/flu all last fall/winter. Knock on wood, this spring we haven't had the first sign of a virus or flu either. I attribute it to all the Vitamin D. This is the first time in my entire life that I can recall never getting sick with viruses, bacterial infections, and flu.

I also purchased extra Vitamin C and plenty of calcium, as well as made refilled our medicines, including getting an extra rescue inhaler (I have asthma) so we'll have plenty of medicine on-hand just in case.

We're prepared for power outages for all seasons (have hand-cranked & solar radios, extra batteries and candles, extra propane, sleeping bags, thermal underwear, firewood, etc.)

We also have some fresh vegetables, herbs, and strawberries growing on our balcony in hanging baskets and pots. I don't know how abundant the small crop will be, but we're trying.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by cornblossom]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Jesus, i thought i was prepared with powdered milk and some extra bog roll, but you guys are better equipped than Cheyenne mountain!

I think if TSHTF, then protection from the deviants is paramount. People will turn to savages.

I live in the middle of a city and will just resort to Bear Grylls tactics as a worse case scenario, ie. a cold steel hunting knife and some flint.

Alternatively. some zero cost methods to start fires:

- 9V battery and some steel wool:
www.metacafe.com...

- Fire from ice!
www.wildwoodsurvival.com...

- Fire from water!!

- Fire from stones

- Can of Coke + chocolate

new topics