It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Phase 6 check list*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So.... hubby and I have enough to see our huge family through at least 4 weeks IF [for the doubters] anything should happen ....

What are your top 20 things to have in stock?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Pepto bismo
Tylenol
Benadryl (for my allergies)
2 - 3 weeks worth of bottled water. I have about 2 weeks worth of food but I am getting more groceries on monday. On monday I will have a months worth of food.
I have my normal tornado supplies with band aids etc.
I have face masks but I had those for when I was going to paint my apartment. (not sure if those will be useful?)
anti-bacterial soaps and hand gels

I think at worst I may have to stay home a lot more often.
I doubt it is going to get too bad yet I am still not sure.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm sure I don't have everything I need - that's why I'm glad you've started this thread.

- 6 months of food for the two of us
- only 21 gallons of water - need more buckets so I can make more
- some N95 masks (minimally sufficient?)
- home protection (and Colorado has a good make my day law)

I know I need a decent medical kit but am so far still confused about all the options available. Pointers anyone?
I also need a supply of dog and cat food (and cat litter) :-)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OMG pet food!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!

I totally forgot about my darlings!!!

sheesh!!

ok *scribbles on list**

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I'm trying to get 6 months worth in .. government guidelines recommend at least 3 months worth if a pandemic hit, there's a good website explaining all about why here

The above site will also tell you just about everything else you need to consider and prepare for in the event of a pandemic.

I basically thought up 14 separate meal ideas and would rotate them every 2 weeks...so buying 6 m worth of stuff for those meals plus stuff for breakfasts and lunches as well as everything used in the household....loo roll,toothpaste, soap powder etc.....

My food and household store cupboard looks like this atm :

Rice
Lentils
Pasta
Tinned Baked Beans and mixed beans (good for casseroles)
Tinned tomatoes
Tomato puree, supplies of herbs, spices, sauces , cooking oil etc
Various cereals (oats are v.cheap)
Carton juices, squash, tea, coffee, sugar...will get water too
Packet mixes for vegetarian burgers, sausages etc
Cheese sauce mixes
lots of frozen haddock, cod, prawns
lots of tinned Tuna

Supplies of soap, toothpaste, shampoo, other toiletries I normally use, a year's supply of tampons...

washing up liquid, soap powder, bleach...all the normal household stuff

Will get tinned vegetables and fruit if it looks like the $ will HTF - don't normally use tinned vege so holding off....also holding off on long life milk, instant mash potato and other stuff I wouldn't normally use

I've actually printed off an inventory to keep organized and make sure I don't forget anything. At the moment I've dumped my shopping all over my son's bedroom floor, it's a total dump in there , I just can't seem to get in the modd to put it all away

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
So.... hubby and I have enough to see our huge family through at least 4 weeks IF [for the doubters] anything should happen ....

What are your top 20 things to have in stock?

Awesome thread yzzy!

So here is my list:

Enough bottled water for 3 weeks - as well a a mobile water purifier in case I have to resort to water heater/ toilet water (lol)

3 month food supply

Supply of tobacco/wine (this is important for trading purposes LOL)

veggie/fruit garden

assorted medicines/ medical supplies (including n95 masks, gloves, eye protection)

pepper-spray, and other devices to protect the food supply

propane/cut wood for cooking (if that becomes necessary)

generator(s)

solar oven (easy to make your own)

oh and the best thing I have - my pop-up camper with all the amenities - including a mobile satellite system for viewing the crap from the msm.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
ps) other suggestions...

candles, matches, alternative way to cook plus fuel(camp stove set), alternative source of heating (mobile calour gas fire ), wind up radio, wind up torch, spare batteries for household items and kids toys, workbooks for kids one year in advance in case stuck at home for months and months....cheap books from charity shop for extra reading while stuck at home.....spare petrol and car engine oil....stocks of any medication people normally use , stocks of contraceptive pills or condoms...basic first aid kit...emergency dental kit....spare clothing for kids in next size up in case stuck at home for months and unwilling to go out to shop.....save your milk cartons etc to store water to use in toilet tank for flushing incase water supply interrupted....spare ink and paper for your PC....a stash of cash in case ATM machines are cleaned out ....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lunieri

A fruit and veg garden may only be worth it if you have secure and protected garden...starving people might go on the hunt for food and simply steal your vegetables. Could be a waste of time if your garden is easy to access.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by lunieri

A fruit and veg garden may only be worth it if you have secure and protected garden...starving people might go on the hunt for food and simply steal your vegetables. Could be a waste of time if your garden is easy to access.

That's why I have protection...you can't see my garden unless you come into my back yard. Besides, my tomato and cucumber plants could probably feed my neighborhood alone!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great thread I only have 2 weeks of water but plenty of every thing else if the water stays on I wont have to leave my place for a good 8 months. And Oklahoma also has a good make my day law.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

tampon are not only terrible for the environment but totally TRAGIC for you!!!

Please just keep them for other 1st aid and consider spending £20 on a cup.... my other web business wahm.co.uk has lots of ladies who sell moon/diva/keeper cups.... I swear you will thank me for it.... if we survive the swine flu!

Honestly no woman should be using disposable san pro...

/earth motherly rant over

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

eh ? never heard of any of those and if they involve dribbling into some device then I think I'll stay with my plugs thanks ! What on earth are they ?!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by yzzyUK

eh ? never heard of any of those and if they involve dribbling into some device then I think I'll stay with my plugs thanks ! What on earth are they ?!

you got msn?? u2u me it.... im 1 hand typing though... lol

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by joel1900
I'm sure I don't have everything I need - that's why I'm glad you've started this thread.

- 6 months of food for the two of us
- only 21 gallons of water - need more buckets so I can make more
- some N95 masks (minimally sufficient?)
- home protection (and Colorado has a good make my day law)

I know I need a decent medical kit but am so far still confused about all the options available. Pointers anyone?
I also need a supply of dog and cat food (and cat litter) :-)

Just a heads up about all that canned and packaged food.

Recent reports from the big corps is that they can't guarantee the safety of the stuff they sell so it is up to you to take steps to make the food safer to eat.

Our government is spending their time and our money on watching us and the devil is free to dance in the street on your dime. So be careful of what is in that can.

Makes you think of "Soylent Green".

For the link police:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blc4r4
Great thread I only have 2 weeks of water but plenty of every thing else if the water stays on I wont have to leave my place for a good 8 months. And Oklahoma also has a good make my day law.

You'll need more than water!!

tissues.... bum and face
pet food
milk [not really needed but some must have it] you can get long life....
water for at least 8 weeks... funny how people NEED water when there isnt any!!
dried food
antiseptic
plasters
diahoreah [cant spell it] treatment
rehydration treatment
vitamin D, C
lip salve [dehydrated lips are a sucker for bacteria!]
tinned food
wind up radio and torch.... love mine! also powers up my mobile [tesco £10]

lots more but chillens need feeding so will have to run.......

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Enough people stuff for 2 months .. if we are very careful.
Enough pet stuff for one month ... (gotta get more)

Dog food ... betta fish food.

Bags of rice
Bags of beans
Oatmeal and Creme of Wheat
Cans of soup (can put on top of rice)
Pancake mix (just add water)
Cans of fruit and veggies.

Extra toothpaste, shampoo, dial soap

We have 2 water barrels (50 gallon each?) full of fairly fresh water.
More bottled water

PLAIN clorox (for laundry AND for adding to water if necessary)

Extra detergent and dish soap and extra everything else, especially in the medicine cabinet like Motrin for fevers, so I won't have to go to the store.

I've got some 'comfort food'. I remember from Y2K they said to have some goodies like M&Ms and stuff. Comfort food helps relieve stress.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Get free medical manuals on treating severe flu patients at home:
The Bird Flu Manual

One of many websites devoted to preparation for an expected avian flu pandemic, the bird flu manual site contains checklists of supplies and medical equipment anyone can purchase and build. Learn how to re-hydrate severely dehydrated patients without an IV, make your own medicines without the need for a prescription and much, much more.

Take advantage of the years of study put into this by experts and save yourself some time and mistakes. This website and a few others like it cover everything you could possibly need.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
Just a heads up about all that canned and packaged food.

Recent reports from the big corps is that they can't guarantee the safety of the stuff they sell so it is up to you to take steps to make the food safer to eat.

Yeah, I'm trying to have a supply of short-term food, but my six month supply for two is supposed to last 12-15 years. I broke down and bought a package from eFoodsDirect

I think my biggest problem is getting enough water stored.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ooh I got stars? what does that mean [typing 1 handed so excuse typos, broken arm!]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
-M2 .50 caliber machine guns
-T-72 tanks
-AP mines
-AT mines
-Stinger missiles
-Ak-47's
-B-52's
-F-15's
-Duct tape
-Radar