It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mentally Disabled Forced Into 'Fight Club' at Texas Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Mentally Disabled Forced Into 'Fight Club' at Texas Home

abcnews.go.com

Terrified residents at a Corpus Christi, Texas, state school for the mentally disabled were forced to be part of a brutal "fight club" operated by night shift employees, who made videos of the sessions with their cell phones, the newly released videos show.

On the videos employees can be seen and heard laughing and prodding the residents to fight.

"It happened for over a year and it happened for many nights out of the week," said the attorney, Bob Hilliard.

Hilliard's client, Arman
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Disgusting, simply disgusting human beings to even consider such a thing.

I hope these employees get it as bad as it gets to the fullest extent of the law and then more.

Evil is rising, there is more and more evil in this world as every day goes by.

People like this should get life in jail and no chance at an appeal.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

And I thought "bum fights" was atrocious, atleast the "bums" had a choice and were paid(not that it makes it any better). But this is just sickening. What the hell is going on in peoples head to make mentally disabled people fight and then find humor in it. It boggles my mind. Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow! That blows my mind. I hope theses guys are sent to a prison where they will become someones girlfriend

-E-

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Throw the book at them I say. Nothing would be more appropriate than to see them getting owned in a stinking cell on a nightly basis with no chance for parole.

A total disgrace to the human race!

IRM

In the meantime, I'll just sit here and watch all the politically correct posts pour in about how they should be rehabilitated and put back into society as useful citizens - and how callous we are for wishing them the worst.

[edit on 15/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
as a parent of a disabled child there are not any words (that i can print)to express the way this story makes me feel. HANGING IS TO GOOD FOR THEM!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Truly sickening news. What individual would even consider that?

This is the sad world we live in.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Is this where we are heading as a species? If so we may as well throw in the towel now. It never ceases to amaze me how low a small percentage of people will stoop.

Wayne...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
these pigs should be crucified.

just when i thought i had heard it all (or most of it anyway)......

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi, good people !

Being on topic of trick playing. . .
hey ! Some "humans" played tricks on us, non-mentaly-disabled,
with the false Iraq-incubator-lie, to go to war, and that killed how many???
100,000s ? 1,000,000s ???

Then some humans play tricks on us with their chemtrails !

Then some humans played tricks on us to start the so called
war-on-terrorism, with the 2001/9/11 lie ? Killing how many ???
3,000 ? 3,500 ? 4,000 ?

So those dirty humans played a trick on not-able-humans. . .
That's a very small trick, BUT it's not good for that reason !

Blue skies.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As my signature says...

mankind disgusts me...wait...some of them.

At times I think I have become shockproof but then I read something that makes me just want to cry in despair.

res

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by h8red42
as a parent of a disabled child there are not any words (that i can print)to express the way this story makes me feel. HANGING IS TO GOOD FOR THEM!

Maybe not hanging, in drop the floor and kill em.

Take em to the Arizona desert, hang them by their arms, wait for death to come.

But then we are only battling evil with evil. There must be a peaceful way, but darnit my Arizona idea just sounds so good!

We could just tattoo "Child Molestor", on the foreheads, and let the citizens do what they do best to those people. Talk about living in constant fear.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mentally disabled people fighting on video? Hmm sounds just like the WWF of WWE or whatever they call it these days.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
just to update as I was thinking about it today

Salazar faces two to 10 years in prison and as much as a $10,000 fine. Prosecutors want jurors to hand down the maximum sentence, while Salazar made a plea for probation.
www.caller.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thats a horrid story.
The employees were there to help these mentally ill people,and they did that to them instead?
Disgusting.
The employee screening process at the home should also be rewritten,if that sort of abuse has been taking place-those evil good for nothings should not have slipped through the net.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What was going on during the other two shifts at this place? There must be more people that deserve to be punished as someone had to be ignoring reports and bruising. Were these fights harmless and left no damage for anyone to notice later? Maybe I am expecting too much because I do not know too much about this place but it seems to me that with all of this going on...someone on another shift should have been suspicious. I mean a year?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Your tax dollars at work.

While I am as dismayed as anyone at this behavior by gov minions, I’m not the least bit shocked. It should be expected. Anytime you put people in a position of absolute power, it will be abused.

What is somewhat more shocking is that those on this forum who are at least purporting outrage at these events want to further such behavior on the part of gov by subjecting the perps to punishment that in no way fit’s the crime. Crucifixion? Prison rape? Slow horrible death? Really people, what kind of civilization do you want? Do you think you will never make a mistake? How bad do you want the ramifications of your next traffic violation to be? What the gov can do to one it can do to another (you and your family).

An eye for an eye leaves us all blind
- Gandhi

That being said, prison time is warrented in this case IMO.

new topics

top topics

join