It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had your lollipop today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"A narcotic painkiller that looks like a lollipop -- designed to speed relief to cancer patients -- is starting to show up in illegal sales with the nickname "perc-a-pop."

Just great...all we need drugs that look like candy. And can someone please explain to me why an antibiotic, can cost 200 dollars, and has absolutley NO street value at all, yet a drug that can be sold on the street for 2-3- 4 times it's original price is cheap?

"Harley said each Actiq lozenge retails for $9.10. The street value of a perc-a-pop is $20."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just hope drug dealers dont give these to kiddies. When I read this, it reminded me of the temporary children's tattoos with acid in them. Although that might have just been an urban legend, not sure..

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I just hope drug dealers dont give these to kiddies. When I read this, it reminded me of the temporary children's tattoos with acid in them. Although that might have just been an urban legend, not sure..

Nope not a Urban legend. I've seen the tattoos and the stickers. Little super heroes etc. Sad that they prey on children. Even sadder is that I am afraid that some drug users kid wil see it and think "yummy a lollipop"

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

And can someone please explain to me why an antibiotic, can cost 200 dollars, and has absolutley NO street value at all, yet a drug that can be sold on the street for 2-3- 4 times it's original price is cheap?

Because antibiotics don't get you high, so the demand for them isn't there.

Opiates also tend to be highly addictive, so this kind of drug has the potential to become very popular on the street. Supply and demand take over at that point and a street price emerges. The price will be driven up by the fact that the drug company can't openly sell to street dealers (as much as they'd love to.)

Pharmacutical quality drugs can go for a premium on the street. The quality control just isn't there in basement labs.

The article is lacking on specifics of just HOW these drugs are making their way onto the street. Maybe they should have interviewed Rush Limbaugh's maid.

new topics

top topics

join