It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Preparing For War With The Enemy: Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Pentagon Preparing For War With The Enemy: Russia

www.globalresearch.ca

"Today the situation is much more serious than before August 2008....[A] possible recurrence of war will not be limited to the Caucasus.

"The new President of the United States did not bring about any crucial changes in relation to Georgia, but having a dominant role in NATO he still insists on Georgia's soonest joining of the Alliance. If it happens, the world would face a more serious threat than the crises of the Cold War.

"Under the new realities, Georgia's war against South Ossetia may easily turn into NATO's war against Russia. This would be a third world war." (Iri
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cominf.org

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
During the attack by Russia on Georgia most of the world was holding it's breath because it could mean a much larger war than with Russia against Georgia, but a bigger event was avoided, or stopped thankfully.

Now it still seems that a bigger war could very well start if Russia decides not to allow Georgia to join NATO, and if it does and Russia decides to make any further attacks this would drag us into a mayor war, or if there are any other conflicts between South Ossetia and Georgia this could also very well drag us into a war..

As the article says the U.S. Strategic Command Gen. Kevin Chilton told reporters that the U.S. stil reserves the right to attack any country, even including using nuclear weapons, if an enemy of the U.S. such as China, or Russia use a disabling cyber attack on the U.S.

www.globalresearch.ca

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is crazy
I hope this site is incorrect

Another War... and with RUSSIA?

That's something else, that's actual war

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am sorry. I have posted the same thread. I was trying on search but yours didn't show up.

I will ask to close mine.

good find

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
yesteday I found the report that China is getting ready to start a cyber war with US. I think this is a strange coincidance.

link to the thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If this is true. I want to say one thing to all nations of the world.

And since I can't, I'll say it here!

I'm so sick and tired of all this war and rumors of war. Look at us we're in the 21st century and we're still bickering and arguing and fighting with each other as if we belonged in the opening sequence of a Stanley Kubrick film. Why, oh WHY do psychotic people always seem to gain control of a country!? Why in the name of all that is right do we keep killing each other in the name of all that is right!? It drives me crazy to think that this is REALLY the world that I live in! I don't expect utopia, but I expect reason! Why aren't there rational people in charge, why do the masses really elect these people, why do they ALLOW them to run their countries!?

RAWR! I'm so mad that I can't even think straight!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

As the article says the U.S. Strategic Command Gen. Kevin Chilton told reporters that the U.S. stil reserves the right to attack any country, even including using nuclear weapons, if the U.S. it an enemy of the U.S. such as China, or Russia use a disabling cyber attack on the U.S.

www.globalresearch.ca

Wow! It seems to me that such a retalliation would be extremely disproportionate! It's also extremely dangerous making statements like this. I can't imagine any global support for the US should they use nuclear weapons, for a third time, against another nation.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
sure sure ... it would be impossible ...
just use your brains ... and you will have to come to the conclusion that a war wont be possible ... not between the USA or another "powerfull" country

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
All these wars and rumors of wars are setting the stage for World War 3. We are entering a new era. The timing of the wars in the Middle East play a big role, as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
LOL, I just found and posted this on another site I frequent. Very scary indeed.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by this, I've mentioned this in a post a few days ago but I think we are in a very dangerous place right now, too many nations have mutual protection pacts, too many 'secret' organizations and groups lobbying various governments. We are back in the place the world was just before WW1.

Here is how I see this playing out, I'd like to hear how other people feel about my theory. I personally think this scenario has a kick off date of less than 18 months. More likely August at the latest.

1) Isreal attacks Iran to stop Iran from developing nukes. Personally I figure Iran is posturing because they have at least one nuke, otherwise I think they wouldn't be treatening to drive the Isreals into the sea. Given how often the President of Iran talks about bringing about the appocolypse and nuking Isreal, and how much of a zealot he is I can understand Isreal's desire to prevent him from getting Nukes.

2) Russia comes to the aid of it's ally Iran, assuming Iran survives the first 48 hours of it's war with Isreal. Lebanon and a few other local players side with Iran.

3) US joins in because of treaty with Isreal. US and Russia are at war now. Russia's satelite states are all joined in by this point.

4) Cuba and Venezula side with Russia. There is a chance that Russia will use the nuclear bombers in Venezula to Nuke the US, but that depends on if Russia is tring to go for control of US resources or is trying to destroy the US in a bid for world dominiance.

5) Canada and the rest of Nato get dragged into it because of the US involvement.

5A) Riots in Europe over the 'aggressore Isreal', some EU nations may decide to reneg on Nato obligations because of internal problems and protests. I see Norway, Spain and Germany, likely France being the ones to opt out.

5B) Canada's minority government is likely to honor it's treaties, but the NDP and the Bloc Quebecious both hate the US and will likely try and block Canada's entry into the war. The Liberals have enough votes to counter the NDP and Bloc and keep the Conservatives in power but they dislike and bash Americans all the time. They like Obama and idolize Europe, they could go either way.

6) China starts a cyber war with the US to try and disrupt the US and it's allies. I don't think China will side with either faction, but is likely to wait till both sides are exhausted and weakened before moving against both. If it sides with Russia then it will likely be a very nasty war.

7) Either the US or Russia could launch a Nuke against China if they felt that China's cyber war was weakening them too much. But I think that if Iran has a nuke they will use it on Isreal in the opening phases of the war to try and end it quickly.

8) Other countries use the widening war to settle old scores and attack there neighbours. Much of Africa becomes a war zone of old scores being settled.

9) If Russia strikes against the US with Nukes then we will see a whole new widening of the war and a bunch of violations of the Geneva convention.

10) I think that if Russia and China team up and enough US allies opt out then the US could escalate to using Nukes because it won't have many other options.

Given the huge bunkers and cities underground Russia is building I have no doubts that they are planning on pushing the world towards a war.

If the US bails on Isreal then it stops this from becoming a huge mess but it is basicly giving up world leadership to Russia, which will just find another excuse to come knocking in a couple of years.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
By mandate of International Treaty, all signing members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) have agreed that any military transgression against any member of the organization will automatically be considered a declaration of war against the entire NATO community. This is why NATO is in Afghanistan, America as a NATO member was attacked and thus all NATO states enter a state of War against our attacker. If Georgia enters the Organization, and Russia or Russians supporters in South Ossetia attack Georgia.. ALL NATO Nations declare war on Russia.

Interesting times we live in .. a little concerning, you know.. since our Economy has been destroyed, a nice major military conflict would raise economic production ... hmm

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why on earth would NATO want Georgia as a member ?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

1) Isreal attacks Iran to stop Iran from developing nukes. Personally I figure Iran is posturing because they have at least one nuke, otherwise I think they wouldn't be treatening to drive the Isreals into the sea. Given how often the President of Iran talks about bringing about the appocolypse and nuking Isreal, and how much of a zealot he is I can understand Isreal's desire to prevent him from getting Nukes.

I agree with the exception that Iran won't be the aggressor other than rhetoric and there is a reason for this. Once Israel attacks, Iran can then be the good guys (so to speak) and justify them nuking Israel.

2) Russia comes to the aid of it's ally Iran, assuming Iran survives the first 48 hours of it's war with Isreal. Lebanon and a few other local players side with Iran.

I honestly don't see Russia coming to Iran's aid, at least at first. Iran has no value to Russia with Russia now a premier oil and gas exporter. Iran is only a Russian media darling.

3) US joins in because of treaty with Isreal. US and Russia are at war now. Russia's satelite states are all joined in by this point.

I'm not sure what treaty you speak of. Could you elaborate?

4) Cuba and Venezula side with Russia. There is a chance that Russia will use the nuclear bombers in Venezula to Nuke the US, but that depends on if Russia is tring to go for control of US resources or is trying to destroy the US in a bid for world dominiance.

Absolutely, but I think a nuclear option would reamin to a tactical nuke level only.

5) Canada and the rest of Nato get dragged into it because of the US involvement.

I think Canada would be dragged in not because of the US, but an invasion. Canada is rich in oil and would be the first place Russia would want to place an embargo to fuel our fleets.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Bearack]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Beacuse if Russia attacks Georgia, NATO delcares war on Rusiia.

We are still in the Cold War, here

. . . I see Norway, Spain and Germany, likely France being the ones to opt out.

No way! That is a first!

[edit on 15/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
quote]5A) Riots in Europe over the 'aggressore Isreal', some EU nations may decide to reneg on Nato obligations because of internal problems and protests. I see Norway, Spain and Germany, likely France being the ones to opt out.

I don't think Germany would back out. There are centuries of hate between the two countries and Russia remember each and every occassion. As well as Germany fo what Stallin did to the German people when Russia took East Germany.

5B) Canada's minority government is likely to honor it's treaties, but the NDP and the Bloc Quebecious both hate the US and will likely try and block Canada's entry into the war. The Liberals have enough votes to counter the NDP and Bloc and keep the Conservatives in power but they dislike and bash Americans all the time. They like Obama and idolize Europe, they could go either way.

Can't dissagree!

6) China starts a cyber war with the US to try and disrupt the US and it's allies. I don't think China will side with either faction, but is likely to wait till both sides are exhausted and weakened before moving against both. If it sides with Russia then it will likely be a very nasty war.

China is in a position to be a world power, but, it still needs Russia to dominate. China will side with Russia, no questions about it.

7) Either the US or Russia could launch a Nuke against China if they felt that China's cyber war was weakening them too much. But I think that if Iran has a nuke they will use it on Isreal in the opening phases of the war to try and end it quickly.

I honestly don't think China is concerned with Russia and their technological abilities. Russia's primary force is 20, 30 and 40 years old and their form of GPS is extremely limited compared to the US.

8) Other countries use the widening war to settle old scores and attack there neighbours. Much of Africa becomes a war zone of old scores being settled.

THis one I probably agree the most. You will see just a ton of little civil wars between cultures. Christians, Prodestents, Croations, Serbs, Turks, Kurds, Sunni, Shiitte. The list is just too numerous.

9) If Russia strikes against the US with Nukes then we will see a whole new widening of the war and a bunch of violations of the Geneva convention.

I still think we could fend off a large scale nuclear attack from Russia. Russia on the other hand won't have near the deffensive ability so I think this would remain for the most part conventional.

10) I think that if Russia and China team up and enough US allies opt out then the US could escalate to using Nukes because it won't have many other options.

Yes, it would be bad but there are enough allies to handle the large numbers. Regardless, there would be a LARGE loss of life.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This is crazy
I hope this site is incorrect

Another War... and with RUSSIA?

That's something else, that's actual war

Yes, it is crazy.

But this could very well be part of a plan by TPTB to "cull" the population for all we know. Or maybe not, maybe there are still different mayor factions trying to gain control.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
Wow! It seems to me that such a retalliation would be extremely disproportionate! It's also extremely dangerous making statements like this. I can't imagine any global support for the US should they use nuclear weapons, for a third time, against another nation.

A disabling cyber attack would be the first step in an invasion of the U.S. whenever China, Russia, or some other country does this.

This is also a form of attack since it would bring chaos in the United States and many lives could be lost, so it is a declaration of war if a state does this.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
there are so many possibilities of the Third World War, its not even funny..

Between Iran,North Korea,Russia,China,Israel

and the NWO is playing every single one to see which is there best option..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I disagree with the opting out of a few(if any) of the Allies. Most won't forget the past and many are(feel as though they are) protected by the US. I believe if push comes to shove the Allies will fight to the end together as none of us want to be dominated by a China/Russia dictatorship. To take over or occupy North America has some logistical issues I do not see either Russia or China able to move in and maintain a presence on North American soil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join