A Call to Arms!! Apathy must end!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I consider us ATS'rs "I the know" about a lot of things. We tend to be thinkers, educated, open minded and generally awesome

But, I am sure we all have people in our work and personal lives that we love with all of our hearts but they are so apathetic that it's mind numbing. Well this is my call to arms for everyone to spread the word, try and wake them up, Deny Ignorance!!

Now I am not saying talk to them and tell them they are dumb or stupid or closed minded etc, you can do things and be very subtle about it. Give them good book to read, suggest a good docu to watch or ask them to come over for a beer and a chat some time. Encourage them to think outside the box and come out of their "American Idol" comfort zone.

I have found that a lot of times these ppl have good ideas and do care but feel that they will be made fun of or looked at as a freak if they expressed them. Let them know that there are a lot of "us" to back them up.

This is not in regards to UFO's, NWO or any other althernative topic, this is one more person who will be more open to the world and maybe search harder for the truths of this world, it will be one more person on the "good guys" side, and friends, that can't hurt!!

~Stereo~

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is it apathetic that no one has responded? hahaha

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i've tried to introduce my friends to this site, i say just have a look within things that interest you and look at other peoples points of views.

However note much comes fro that but atleast when/if they wake up they know hwere to come.

They are all still about 17-19 years give them some more life experience and they might see.

I found ats by looking for people who shared views which i believed but people around me thought i was daft. looks like me questioning things and wanting more has come and got me in to something good.

Thanks ATS

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Well , thats what bothers me the most, I surf this A LOT at work, anytime during downtime. And my co-workers are alwys like "hey Steve, anything cool on your site today??" (hear that skeptic, MY site, hahaahha, just kidding, dont ban me) And I encourage them to join or at least read, but they are far more content getting second hand info from me.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
well i guess they will come round to look at ATS. Find what interest them in normal life and give them reads and links about related areas and see if they explore the site.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Its funny because my "work wife" gets like anxiety and panics whenever I talk about 2012. She does not want to hear about it but still wants to know every tidbit of info I can find.

My co-workers are also very stoked about the may 25th history channel thing, although we don't get that channel in Canada
Its my small part i'm playing in trying to wake ppl up and make them see outside the box.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
lmao work wife i love it. i've seen the advert the may 24th thing but i dont watch tv so i am screwed there.

please wake up canada lol i love that place well only the places i have been.

keep spreading the word you may as well

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I try, but thats the whole point, people are so apathetic and they don't want to have their eyes opened. They want to live in blissfull ignorance. They call me crazy for talking about ufos, 2012, nwo and the like. And well, I have strong religious opinions too, but I try and keep those out of the work place, except for the ppl who are closest to me.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
yeah its all so frustrating but can you blame them in some ways there lil bubble of happiest burst once they read alot of this information on this site. maybe there not ready ooo matrix lol

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Whenever I talk to my friends or family who are quite oblivious and refuse to believe, I always tell them "I'm not asking you to believe what I'm telling you, I'm just asking you to not disbelieve it. Keep your mind open and all things for consideration." and most people seem to go ahead and comply.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, I have always had an interest in this stuff, but my *Keanu Reeves Whoa* moment was after watching Zeitgiest(and im not saying its all gospel). But I just felt so angry and betrayed kind of you know. That it what started my decent down the rabbit hole as I am sure it did for many people.

I have since started a crusade kind of in my own life, spreading the word to anyone who will listen, not that I am telling them whats right or wrong, but telling them to ask questions, demand truth and Deny Ignorance(couldnt' help it). It has totally pegged me as a rebel at work, guess I always was, I work in a very corporate place and I am the least corporate person alive, lol. But, I can sit and surf ATS all day , so it equals out.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

I had a HEATED argument with my aunt because she said she physically felt Jesus in her heart and that, the heart, the actually muscle is where love came from. I had to walk away from her, it was too much.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i think i would walk away to i dont like religous people because when i have spke to them about jesus and co they wont believe anything other or admit theres a chance they are wrong when i admit i could be wrong

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have had some real good convos with some churchies, my former co worker Paul loved him some Jesus but was very open to my rebuttles and we had some amazing debates. Now mind you, when I got him in something that he couldnt' deny he would always resort the the "F" word (faith, lol) but on the whole , he was as we say here in Newfoundland, "best kind".

He actually has since renounced some, not all of his faith and beliefs, and is much easier to be around lol.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
lol just the british ones. no wonder nobody likes us haha

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Have you seen Religulous?? Its a must see for any ATS'er in my opinion, believer or not. And i'm sure if a christian reads this they are gonna destroy it and say how crazy it is, but still....at least watch the whole thing and give credible feedback, not just God is good, God is great, admit your sins before its too late

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
yeah we are about the feel their wrath ooo noo

i'd like to read some opinions for the faith people

we've gone abit off topic

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think we have gotten off topic cause its just basically you and I posting lol, I'm tryign man , i'm trying, cmon ppl, let us know what you think, plus, I could work my way to bronze

But I would seriously like to know if anyone has influenced anyone to look in to ATS type stuff or handed out copies of Zeitgiest, invited people to join the site, etc, cause i've done all 3, hahahaha

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
yeah its a shame

may i ask bronze what lol ?

come on guys join in i am on my xbox360 aswell so theres no excuses

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Bronze meaning the little thing under my avatar, it says solid now, next step up is bronze. I am on 360 too dude, but its red ringed and really I love my ps3 is much more enticing right now lol.

But cmon guys, I dont want this thread to be killed or moved to BTS, I was serious in opening this thread and want some legit feedback...annnddddd....go

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join