It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says debt can't be sustained

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

OMG!

You can't see Obama absolutely spending like there's no tomorrow???

Then almost in the very next breath he turns around and says "Oh, oops, we can't keep spending like this."

What do you mean WE???

YOU can't keep spending like this!

Then in next breath ... "Hey, how about that healthcare?"

Wimpy!! "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

I've never come so close to fainting in my entire life.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Luis Scola

Let's hope the MODS are paying attention...

Bye Luis.

[edit on 5·15·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama says debt can't be sustained. Well, duh. Who poked him with a cattle prod and woke him up?
But he says this and we will face more of the same? All this type of rhetoric and differing actions is why I made a probably futile attempt by showing up at a tea party on April 15. i was reacting to past Obama statements and looking forward to probable future possibilities based on current actions by Obama and congresss. Now I realize there were probably other people in the small crowd who might have had other reasons to be there.
Reasons such as just plain hate for Obama and Democrats.
I am not an activist. I have never before participated in protests against the government and its policies. Not even during the Viet Nam war when it was quite a popular thing to protest and a place to meet girls.

Had a grassroots effort been organized in my small town when Bush Junior was pushing deficit spending, I probably would have been a face in the crowd then, too. No doubt there would have been people there just because they hated Bush and Republicans, too. And, no doubt, there would have been other people there, like me, that want reason in our governments actions.

Mr. Obama. Speaking just for myself, I say this. The U.S. of A. cannot continue to spend like idiots like the past administration and congress. If you are serious, then please take some responsibility and some control and not continue down this current road to economic destruction.

A note to readers. While I am not a particularly activist sort of person, I have used my right to voice my opinions in many letters to congressmembers and senators. Never have gotten any satisfaction, though. And, yes, I vote, religiously so to speak, each election, often haranguing friends and relatives to make sure they got out to vote.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

While i do not condone wasteful spending, it is the least of our problems. If we ended the War on Terror, closed all overseas bases, and ended all pork we would still be broke. Our obligations to Medicare and Social Security ensure this.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

We all know the debt can't be sustained. The question is how will he remedy this problem.

My Guess is this will be first at foremost at the next G20 summit. The rest of the discussion will be how to form a NWO.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
great video wonder. as much of the us loses there jobs and there livelyhood all i have seen is big ass smiles. sad but so true. kinda makes you wonder if they know something bigger than what there letting on about
gj

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i know how we can solve this problem. Let's cut taxes and remove as many government regulations as humanly possible. The trickle down effect will save us all!!

GOP 4 LIFE!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is really whacked. Normal people figured this out a long time ago.

I wonder what the motives are for this announcement. There has to be a motive in there somewhere.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/16/2009 by Jessicamsa]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by wonderworld

What motive could he possibly have for making a statement like that? Any thoughts?

My theory is he is giving the heads up to the few that are paying attention that the time is short now. I think he feels a little guilty of being part of the machine that has doomed our country. He knows it's to late to really stop what is coming, the end of the American empire.

This is not a big story because anyone that is paying attention or will even open their mind to this already know this statement to be true. The rest of society doesn't care or doesn't want to know how bad things really are.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by platosallegory

We need to make it harder for company's to ship jobs overseas. They move operations over seas because it is more profitable, we need to end this. It's going to hurt the company's short term but if they would like to continue to sell products in the US it is what is best.

I have been reading business newsletters talking about how, with the price of oil higher, it has become economically unfeasable to produce goods, even small goods, overseas and ship them to their destination. So the large corps. are beginning to place production close to the point of sale. Just In Time production is now unrealistic, due to oil costs.

We need to focus on services. Production is good but workers are going to lose jobs to technology just as fast as they are losing jobs due to them going overseas. There is also building. The world is constantly changing and the idea was never to hold on to the ways that are fading away, the idea is to come up with new ways to stay ahead.

We have never had a problem with goods vs. services. We are no longer the producer to the world of goods. After WWII destroyed so much production world wide, we filled the market. Now, we make easily ten times the income from services (invent, create, manage, market, etc.). The whole idea of a trade deficit is an enormous lie. Sure, we import more goods than we export, but we bring in ten times the money we spend. We must spend SOME of it on the countries we earned it from.

Everybody wants a smaller government but as we progress governments become increasingly important. We need governments to do things today that that were not needed when this country was founded. Everybody wants the government there but what we will not agree upon is what we need the government to do. Those in favor of a smaller government band together now but if the government was reduce it's rolls we would find that they did not agree as much as they do now. As the government decreased in size some would find the government levels ok while others would want it to continue to decrease.

Government is filled with all the people who can't earn a living, and are too proud to be on welfare. They also earn 50% more, in the US, than the exact same job in the private sector. The people doing law? In a lawless club; the 'law' does not apply to that club. (Politicians, lawyers, cops, judges, even firemen, and burearats). Even the rats overseeing the likes of the pharmaceuticals, and wall st, are 'bribed' with high paying jobs when they get out of government. So they conveniently 'look the other way' when it is advantageous to their future possible employer. This particular 'criminal behavior' is a large part of the reason for our current depression, according to newsletters I have read.
History always shows that dominant government always works against the common good, perhaps not intentionally. To say it is different this time is naive. Nature of the Beast.

There is a big picture. There is a plan that is currently working towards the bigger picture. Perhaps refusing to realize that there is a big picture is the reason you don't understand the plan.

The big picture is thoroughly described in the Book of Revelation(Ooh! The 'b' word!); One World Government ruled by Lucifer. This self same 'rebel' is responsible for putting his followers, and his own real children, into positions of power, and of great wealth, which is power. Not all who have wealth are given it by Lucifer, as in Abraham, among others. Wealth is not evil, nor does it always make one evil. But it alway reveals true nature.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Oh snap, Barry must have had a come-to-Jesus moment.

At the rate he is spending money that we do not have, his come-to-Jesus moment was definately momentary and certainly does not match his actions and agenda.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well since he has finally acknowledged that we can't sustain the debt, big shocker.

How much more is he going to add to it?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yep, I realize this. Was just curious how much money was spent on all this "pork" that's been going on lately. When Obama came into office we were already in trouble. He just ensured that we were finished.

The end of America is coming. There's not anything that we can really do about it. The death warrent has already been signed.

*wanders off singing* It's The End Of The World As We Know It!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

You're right. I think the comment is a disaster waiting to strike. I also agree most people out there dont have a clue to what's comming.

I also read another recent report that China is setting itself up for the global currencey. I still have a hard time digesting all of this. Wall streets going bonkers again, which I expected.

Connecting the dots has become much easier with current events.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'm just wondering when I can get some pork. I am quite sure I could do a study on the effect of my breast size on my back pain. I need about 2 million for that. For the bras of course

In all seriousness, i really think he's sending out the message that rates with be increasing soon. The FED has stated it will take ANY measure to keep deflation out of the picture. I do not doubt we will see inflation soon.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is the first step toward instituting confiscatory taxation.

It's all about creating a society ready for Marxism, and that means destroying the wealth of all but the topmost elite.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Connecting the dots has become much easier with current events.

O'Rly?

Want to connect some more dots with current events?
Try this: Marc Faber says U.S. in war with China in 5-10 years to escape depression

Furthermore, the scenerio can play out a number of ways and reasons:

* The U.S. starts defaulting on our debts to China.
* China starts or initiates the conflict by refusing to buy our bad debts. Consider what they are already doing to our ships in the South China Sea.
* China moves on Taiwan knowing we will intervene.
* Etc.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I'm just wondering when I can get some pork. I am quite sure I could do a study on the effect of my breast size on my back pain. I need about 2 million for that. For the bras of course

In all seriousness, i really think he's sending out the message that rates with be increasing soon. The FED has stated it will take ANY measure to keep deflation out of the picture. I do not doubt we will see inflation soon.

antonia:

There are only three points I believe at this stage:

1) Make no mistake about it, this is an economic transformation that we have likely never experienced in - well - hundred's of years.

2) That said, we are in unchartered waters.

3) Anybody who thinks the economic recovery is likely to begin soon is an absolute fool. These are early, early days before this correction unfolds and it will involve extremes we have no idea of yet.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Believe me, I don't see this getting better anytime soon and i'm not buying into Obama's claptrap about "Green shoots".

As my daddy is so very fond of saying- "We are busted, disgusted and can't be trusted!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join