It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it better to be ugly but have a good personality or vise versa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What would you rather be, somewhat ugly but with good character and personality or good looking but a bit of a dick/ego-ist?

I dont know if this applies to men and women but I read somewhere a long time ago that it is best not to tell boy/man how good looking he is - for he will develop a better character...

Me myself i have a energy implant in my throat which messed up my morphogetnetic fieldes and alters my appearence...

And i can say it greatly... GREATLY reduced my oportunities with opposite sex. Good news it (implant) will come off in future... but i can say in all these years i have developed quite a character and sense of humor.

Would i have the same qualities if i was good looking from the start? Or what has happened is for the best?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Freeman]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

Me myself i have a energy implant in my throat which messed up my morphogetnetic fieldes and alters my appearence...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Freeman]

okaay, firstly, What?

And secondly What makes you think us beautiful people dont have a good personality.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Its not what i think, its what i READ

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'd rather be beautiful.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What are you refering to when you say "beautiful". Ugly, overwieght, dirty, smelly? Because some of those can be resolved when you take away apathy and sloth.

I dont consider myself ugly by no means, but I am no model either. I know I have a magnetic personality, I can see it, I have been called a charmer and a people person.

Not becasue I am so great, but because I am just myself all the time, uncomprimising and strong willed. Girls dont like a guy who changes themselves for what they think they want. Anyone who is confident, clean and respectful is a "beautiful" person.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.... No, seriously,

Beauty/good lookin-ness is on the inside and the outside, it just depends on if you're shallow and lookin for a gold-diggin, superficious 1st trophy wife/hubby or someone to stick by you through the thick and thin.

Keep in mind, I'm not some really over-weight old guy that is balding (that's my hubby) but I'm 85 lbs 5' tall and have done swimsuit modeling after I had my son... It's all in how we look at life and what kind of people we want to be surrounded by. How we want to be treated and how we treat others.

I know some hot lookin men and women, which I won't give the time of day, just cuz I can't stand their attitudes, but there are some not so attractive people that are the same way.

It's all up to each individual person to decide in their heart what it is they are looking for and their goals for the future.

I wish you the greatest of luck in finding whatever/whomever it is you are searching for.

A_L

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
okaay, firstly, What?

And secondly What makes you think us beautiful people dont have a good personality.

LOL! haven't you heard? My friend... let me point you in the direction of a thread that will explain all. Also while your there, take a gander at Kryties post on that page. It's an absolute corker!

Linky

Personally I think disabled brain chakras and 6th dimensional locks ups must be a real pain in the butt!

IRM

On topic... Beauty is subjective.. and dare I say irrelevant with the lights off.

IRM

[edit on 15/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
you can "fix" ugly, you can't fix stupid

Personal opinion, what is beauty anyway? Do not different people find beauty is different attributes? Personally, I find great beauty in the mind.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
When I was 10, my front tooth was knocked out. For reasons which I won't go into here, having it fixed was out of the question for 14 years. So I grew up missing a very important front tooth. It affected my looks and was a constant source of embarrassment to me. Kids made fun of me, etc. I lived with one hand covering my mouth.

I worked bussing tables, washing dishes and eventually was promoted to grill cook during my teens. I could not wait tables because of my appearance.

At 24 years old and after achieving a business college certification, I was told that no one would hire me because of my missing tooth. So, I had a bridge put in at great expense. Poof! Instantly I became beautiful. According to outside opinion at any rate. Inside I was still the exact same person I had always been.

I'll never forget. Everytime someone comments on my beauty I don't believe them and feel that old and sickening knowledge that looks really are more important at least superficially. I will always be the ugly girl with the missing tooth no matter how many times I'm told that I am beautiful...

Personality? That's subjective. Most people love me, my strength, determination, will to survive and execeptionally big heart. People who would never give me the time of day suddenly wanted my attention. Its bizzarre.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'd say its not what you think about yourself e.g ugly or beautiful but what your soul mate or lover thinks about you.

I'd rather go for ugly great personality but who am i to say that one mansn ugly isnt another mans beautiful.

I'd say in my opinion i am average looks great personality but not great vein, great fun and presence.

U2U me and chat to me if you feel my opinion needs validating

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If your ugly nobody expects great things from you, and they don’t view you as a threat or competition at all, so they’re more likely to enjoy your personality.

If you’re very attractive, people will treat you great regardless of your character, but this stifles character growth.

If you are semi-attractive, both ugly people and the very attractive will view you as competition, and everyone will ridicule you for not measuring up to what you could've been.

On the subject, I think beautiful, egotist find the greatest joy in dating really ugly people with great personalities. The two are polar opposites, so they fit each others needs better than two great looking people fighting over the mirror.

It wouldn’t matter to me.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by sexysadie]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting views.

I think what you stated is right about people seeing certain people as a threat is spot on.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

I truly believe personality prevails. I have had very (physically) attractive people in my life that have become less good looking as I got to know them. Then there is the flip-side of that, the ones that would be considered less pleasing to the eye but end up appearing so much better looking because they are simply awesome.
~ I feel pretty~ o so pretty~ lol

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Personality prevails for me too but I'd rather have both.

If I can't hold a conversation with a girl because of how absorbed she is in herself and what she wants, not only am I not interested, but I'm usually thoroughly disgusted. The types that are beautiful, yeah, but then they're spoiled too and have had daddy pay for their nice car, all their clothes, money for this or that, and they expect to be pampered. The worst part is that they don't have to care if they disgust someone, because you KNOW some other guy is going to walk around the corner and be all up for it no matter what kind of personality she has, because guys can be just as shallow. You get used to any face you see often enough, even a beautiful one, it gets old, and you'd just be left with a rotten core.

If all I needed was a hole.. Well I'll just say I need more than that. Personality (being a "GOOD" person) is what I prefer..

Remember this too: A loving smile can be beautiful on anyone's face, and a self-centered grimace is always ugly.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What would you rather be, somewhat ugly but with good character and personality or good looking but a bit of a dick/ego-ist?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Being beautiful can be just as much problematic as being what some might call "ugly". Though I think beauty is all relevant and in the eye of the beholder. And everyone has their own tastes on what beauty is. I also believe that someone could be drop dead gorgeous, than open their mouths and they suddenly become very ugly on the outside. I have encountered this MANY times!

But I assume you are talking about people who are like model material.

Many people cant seem to look past people's beauty in order to see they have a personality - just like many can not look past people's alleged ugliness to see that they have a personality.

The bottom line is - looks, no matter what "level" they are can provide a distraction to what is really inside a person.

So if I had a choice, id rather just be me - now. Because no matter what I look like, I want people to see me for who I am - and not what I look like on the outside!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join