It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.5 Billion Souls on Earth Now, 1 Billion in 1850 - Where Were 5.5 Billion Souls for 150 Years?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There is a scriptoral basis for a Pre-mortal Existance.

If you look at Jeremiah Chapter 1 Verse 4-5 it's says

4. Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5. Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Which means that we all exsisted before we where born.

As to there being a rapid incease to those of us being brought to Earth now? Well, if you had the choice of living your life during an uneventful time in history or during the End of the World when the most amazing stuff will happen, which would you choose?

I know which one I'd go for!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

While I understand your point, and the question may be valid, I think you've got the math wrong. If there were 1 billion souls in 1850, and now there are 6.5 billion, that doesn't mean that since 1850 there have been only 5.5 billion souls. The number is much more.

Anyhow, as to the actual question, the answer seems to be different depending on different beliefs. Eastern religions say one thing (mostly involving resurrection, I think), while Abrahamic religions have their own viewpoint as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I would think that the 1 billion to 6 billion jump you are addressing would only matter to someone who believes in reincarnation, which is not really a christian belief.

even then the exponential population explosion in humans is easily explained with even a minimal understanding of the Holocene extinction event. to sum it up, as we kill the earth, the more we find less biodiversity, which means there are less tree frogs to soak up your soul, and more people, or at least thats my understanding.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My guess would be where it says in revelations that the dead will rise and all those that have died will rise,In essence thats where they come from.Mabey the reason we have so many on earth atm, is becuse all the folks that have died are comeing back soul wise.
And as for where they have been, mostlikey at my fathers house < god's mansion>.so ust a hypothisis,but i think all the souls that have ever lived n earth are all comeing back now,"Now" mean this last few 100 years,gota keep in mind time is a idea for us alive, i doubt it means anything to the soul.Wich is way even back in the day esus and the prophets of the old and new testement would say "the time draws nigh".When u die the time span from your death to the return of christ is like a blink of the eye,so no matter when u lived u need to make peace with whatever your god is,becuse the time is nigh.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

That isn't a bad point, maybe wortrhy of a new thread itself!

Are souls able to be born in other galaxies, in other intelligent lifeforms?

I'll leave that up to you though.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
repeat of last reply

[edit on 15-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Believers of reincarnation love this type of question, since it is easily answered if you believe that you come back as something better (or worse).

According to some reincarnation theories, the "new" human souls used to be animals or insects - ants, for example.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by Saurus]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
Something has been bothering me for a while. I have just now figured out a way to illustrate my point.

Please see the graph below:

Note that there are presently approximately 6.5 billion people on earth. religion will tell you that's 6.5 billion Souls. In 1850 there were just over 1 billion inhabitants of the planet, my question is this; Where did these Souls come from? Where were they in 1850? That's 5.5 billion souls kicking there heals, where?

Are they created by God before they are combined with our bodies? I have no recollection of this in the Bible.

We have no end of warnings, instructions and predictions about what happens to us AFTER we die, but what were our souls up to BEFORE we were born.

Deepak Chopra says this:

Our spirit is non-local and timeless, its true essence is not locatable in space and time. Because of that, I don't believe we can really talk about where our souls were in the past or where they will be in the future. Pure consciousness is the non-physical source of all material creation, and that is what our soul is. Our core existence or Being exists independently of its material expression.

That's all well and good for Eastern Religions but for the rest of us it poses a bit of a mystery.

Could it be that Christianity/Islam/Judaism have it wrong?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

Yes they have it mostly wrong. The religions that teach of peace and understanding and enlightenment and of us not being purely physical; the ones that dont' breed fear into our culture but help us try and understand the universe and our true existance,.......Those are the true religions of humanity.

The ones that try to scare us into doing what they want are false.

It's as simple to understand as that.

so as much as people laugh and snicker at eastern religions, we must remember that those were around far longer then ours and their teachings and info have no changed over thousands of years, unlike the bible which has a 1.0 and 2.0 version.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

While I understand your point, and the question may be valid, I think you've got the math wrong. If there were 1 billion souls in 1850, and now there are 6.5 billion, that doesn't mean that since 1850 there have been only 5.5 billion souls. The number is much more.

Anyhow, as to the actual question, the answer seems to be different depending on different beliefs. Eastern religions say one thing (mostly involving resurrection, I think), while Abrahamic religions have their own viewpoint as well.

Haha not the first time my math has been questioned! But I'll try and justify the 5.5 for the sake of my pride! I was leaning to an answer that somehow involved reincarnation and past lives. With this in mind I figured we know there must be at least 5.5 billion souls out there, and those souls that had lived in days gone by, are probably included in the 5.5 as reicarnated souls.

It's all conjecture anyway, but I always appreciate constructive coments and who knows what's right or wrong in a discussion like this!

I completely agree with you about one's religios beliefs affecting the answer to the question, the problem is I don't see too much of a solution outside of the Eastern religions.

All the best, Kiwifoot.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm sure someone's already said this, but my answer would be - plants, animals.

That's the Hindu thinking on it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How about this SIMPLE answer population then 1.5bn population now 6.5 bn no souls just people! NO souls floating about anywhere waiting just popultion growth through better food/health etc.
As you can tell I dont believe in any story book beings god ,devil etc
When you have kids a bit of your dna is in them then in their kids and then in their kids THATS the only enternal life you will have accept it!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I think this gentleman is on the right track. But lets expand it further. Suppose there are infinite parallel existences, where many slightly different versions of yourself exist, and where some people exist in a few but not in others. When you dream or have deja vu, you could possibly be getting glimpses of yourself in mirror worlds. You have one soul, but it can be in 50 million worlds at once. So the billions of new people that werent here 200 years ago, still had souls, and likely existed in another shards of reality.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by balrathamir
There is a scriptoral basis for a Pre-mortal Existance.

If you look at Jeremiah Chapter 1 Verse 4-5 it's says

4. Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5. Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Which means that we all exsisted before we where born.

I think this is incorrect, God was speaking specifically about one individual a "special case" ordained prophet. If everyone was a soul beforehand I don't think this would be so highlighted.

This is just my opinion on Jewish/Christian perspectives of course. It could very well be that (all) souls exist beforehand as you suggest.

Consider this. . . did God "know" Adam beforehand as he did Judah?

Genesis 2:7 (King James Version) "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I don't think there's any such thing as a "soul" as most people think of it. I'm sure there are plenty who feel the same, but I'm pretty sure what most would call a soul I would call energy that has basic familiarities with things.

Doubt that makes sense but it's 4:43 and I've been working for the last 14 hours. So sorry if it doesn't. And also, I'm not really sorry if it doesn't.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
IMO all souls are nothing but the same 1 soul that has split itself billions of trillions of times.. (for this planet and other worlds). It's just an illusion of individual souls which ultimate goal is to merge back (losing their individuality in the process) with the 1 soul, having attained the knowledge and experience from the time spent as an individual.

I hope I wrote that in plain English..

Holyomg. That actually made sense to me and I actually believe that too now. What the F?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If a progression in 'soul evolution' is the actual model used by the
Deity....

then the demise of the DoDo Bird...
and the demise of the Great Plains Buffalo & Bison,

in total: numbering in 900 millions if not a Billion lesser souls ....
would allow for the new (increased number) of Human Souls to come into this planets sphere-of-life=(astral plane)

As far as the next 4 billion 'new' souls incarnated on Earth...
the souls could be migrating from other 'mansions' (as the scriptures
'call' other off-world planets & living creature abodes)...
which might be in accord with the prophetic 'harvesting' era,
which tell us that the Earth is 'ripe' with souls to harvest
& all these 'souls' might have subconsciously migrated to the Earth plane
so as to be 'harvested'

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, it depends on what you believe. I believe that souls are sempiternal, meaning they have a beginning but have no end. It's still a mystery though, how a soul is created, and after I pass on I think that will be the first question I ask God.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Viral]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You've seen a disco ball; a large spinning ball covered with mirrors?

God can be thought of as an infinite disco ball, and each of us is one of the mirror facets.
Being part of something infinite means that we are infinite too. We are both individuals and part of god.

Everything, everyone, we encounter is another mirror facet.
Nirvana is when we realise our existence as the whole disco ball, and know oneness with everything.

More people, less people, it's all just part of the illusion we are playing in.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Yes Yes Yes! I was trying to figure out how to word it when I came to your post. God can be divided an infinite number of times. We are fractals.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sexual Intercourse??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join