It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is putting Americans on trial in an ICC, the only way to legitimate a international criminal court??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Would an icc only become legitimate after they tried americans, for there crimes against humanity.

We all know america is the only thing that has stopped such a court existing in the real world.

Why America Needs the ICC

American NGO Coalition for the ICC

ICC - Wikipedia

Territorial jurisdiction

During the negotiations that led to the Rome Statute, a large number of states argued that the court should be allowed to exercise universal jurisdiction. However, this proposal was defeated due in large part to opposition from the United States.[36] A compromise was reached, allowing the court to exercise jurisdiction only under the following limited circumstances:

* where the person accused of committing a crime is a national of a state party (or where the person's state has accepted the jurisdiction of the court);
* where the alleged crime was committed on the territory of a state party (or where the state on whose territory the crime was committed has accepted the jurisdiction of the court); or
* where a situation is referred to the court by the UN Security Council.[11]

Personally even though i do not like the nwo in many ways, this stuff is here, so why not have the international criminal court, reside over cases that are not limited to just inside someones borders.

How on earth bush and blair are not in front of them is a joke, as they lied to get the war they wanted, as we all know, and these two especially blair talks about global community and how international this and that. So they go against international will, and they should be tried.

like the link below talks about this hypocrisy

Does the ICC's refusal to prosecute Bush and Blair for war crimes make today's warrants morally vacuous?

When blair talks about this new world etc..., why do we not have a court set up already too implement the rights for the worlds citizens against psycopaths like him and blair?

Your thoughts on whether only trying americans in an international court is the only way to legitimise the ICC(international criminal court). Is this court going to be set up only after america ahs commited all there crimes against humaity.

Your thoughts

[edit on 5/15/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is absolutely no way to legitimize an international crime court. If I said to you today, I'm a Canadian and I have a suspicion about John Q. Public. John Q. Public is an Ameican and he lives in Denver. Send him to Canada because we want to put him on trial for a suspected robbery in Dallas.

I know what you Americans would tell me if I made that demand. And you Americans would be right on the money to tell me to go stick my head up my arse before you do it for me.

And international crime court is no different. And if you don't like the verdict, there is no higher court than God himself and he's not gonna come to your rescue either... not in this lifetime. Americans should face their peers in court and nobody else. Same with Canadians. Same with every nationality. The only exception I would consider is crimes against humanity itself, and that would include almost every single crime by the NWO. Only one caveat... the jury must be Canadians and I personally have to be the judge.

Don't worry my friends in USA. If the NWO pigs appear in my court, 99% of America's problems will be solved overnight. BTW, would somebody down there start building some nice strong gallows please? Lots and lots of gallows.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don't think we need to fret too much about it. America has been a front runner in introducing many delightful inventions such the escalator, bubblegum, preparation H, and my personal favorite Rendition flights!

Why do we need an ICC when we can bring the criminal back on the reliable Rendition Air. Preparation H is provided free of charge!
rendition

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Americans will not prosecute americans, and never will.

So what in you guys opinion will be the best way to bring an icc to the world?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Sorry if I sound anti-American, because I really am not. You are good people, and the average citizen supporting things like the Patriot Act are merely afraid for their family and way of life. I really can understand this.

I lived in the States for 5 months and I was treated very well and have a lot of respect and empathy for the US. Essentially the only difference between myself and an American is the accent.

But when you say things like:

Americans will not prosecute americans, and never will.

then I have to differ with you, and cite a source that comes from the Washington Post originally:

The Bush administration is developing a parallel legal system in which terrorism suspects -- U.S. citizens and noncitizens alike -- may be investigated, jailed, interrogated, tried and punished without legal protections guaranteed by the ordinary system, lawyers inside and outside the government say.

Link

If we are splitting hairs, then technically your are correct. Americans arrested (under the Patriot Act) will never be prosecuted under the laws that protects the average citizen. But, they can and will be victims of anti-terrorism paranoia.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

new topics

top topics

join