It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes $97 Billion War Funding Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

House Passes $97 Billion War Funding Bill

www.gantdaily.com

Washington, D.C. (AHN) - The House late Thursday passed a massive bill funding the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq for the remainder of the year.

By a 368-60 vote, lawmakers passed the measure providing $96.7 billion for the wars until the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ron Paul Responds To Bill: Thought w/New Admin WE WOULD BE FIGHTING LESS WARS!

WAR WAR WAR WAR

I honestly can't even remember anymore the last time the United States stood for anything remotely close to peace!

97 Billion, and that's only until September this month.
This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

www.gantdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
$2 Billion included in this War Funding bill for the non-existant Flu epidemic? Hahahaaaaa.......... spend, spend, spend...

Ron Paul, gotta love the guy but I guarantee that Congress doesn’t. “We can’t even define the enemy. Who is the enemy? We’re funding perpetual war.” I bet they hate it when he asks to come to the podium.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
$2 Billion included in this War Funding bill for the non-existant Flu epidemic? Hahahaaaaa.......... spend, spend, spend...

We don't know who the enemy is AND we don't understand the flu
hahaha what a joke

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Ron Paul, gotta love the guy but I guarantee that Congress doesn’t. “We can’t even define the enemy. Who is the enemy? We’re funding perpetual war.” I bet they hate it when he asks to come to the podium.

LOL
thx for the humor, that made me giggle
ya i'm sure they hate it, i'm espeically sure Bernanke hates being interrogated too

Oh oh, more trouble for them because Ron's Son is soon to join as well

hahaha

Now this should get interesting

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was wondering why the war funding is done separately from the normal budget, and in short periodic trickles (if you can call $100B a trickle!).

Then I realized: it allows Congress to have a way to tack on funding and legislation for other projects. After all, these bills have just about 0% chance of not passing. So, they can constantly get their spending 'fix' by just pulling strings to tack it on as a rider.

Hey, let's not do that any more.

top topics

join