It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another 2012-esque movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The closer we'll get to 2012, the more of these will pop up:

Is this meant to be an NWO brainwash-propaganda? Future predictions?

Hollywood script writers getting their inspiration from ATS?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It is no more tan a attempt to infuse us with the most horrific scenario possible so when changes are going to happen in whatever way, people are more inclined to panic than they are to see the situation as an opportunity in itself.

Fear infusing by media in short.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Wowza, looks like a fun movie to me! I never get sick of the 'disaster flicks' ....... and I sure do love me some Viggo! It's shaping up to look like a pretty sweet movie year

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Is this meant to be an NWO brainwash-propaganda? Future predictions

Erm, No. It's entertainment.

Apocalyptic themes have been part of our popular culture for a long time.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Movie from Pulitzer Prize winning novel by Cormac McCarthy. He wrote No Country for Old Men, too. It's a post-apocalyptic story, but it isn't tied specifically into 2012.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm just stunned. I bet by like 2011 movies will still come out about this and no one will notice what they are trying to say. There is a list of all movies till 2012 somewhere on the web. most are disaster flicks or like National Treasure 3 and Illuminati kind of stuff.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hasn't there been a similar movie made?? I recall a film shot in the 60's with Burgess Meredith and a cast of few..filmed in ashy black and white, with the most surreal color shots imaginable interspersed throughout. Of course, it is not the same story based on this newer novel...just very post apocolyptic and similar in discourse.
Hopefully, one of you will remember this.
It's been in the card catalogue brain for years without a name tab!!

Peace...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Maybe the script writer is tuned in and he is trying to send a message for some to prepare for the worst?

Or I could just be wishfully thinking.. hehe

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sigh...

Read the book. It's a really great book. The author never says exactly what happen, but whatever happened, there aren't many people left, and the landscape is ashy, and barren. Not sure if nukes hit, not sure if the planet fried from a solar storm, not sure if God came back.

But before labeling this as another 2012 movie, do some research.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Is this meant to be an NWO brainwash-propaganda? Future predictions?

Hollywood script writers getting their inspiration from ATS?

No, it is none of the above. It is an adaptation of a seriously brilliant and perfectly observed novel that has at its core a study of the relationship between a Father and a Son. It is all about the love between them, and depicts the lengths we would all go to protect our loved-ones in the face of an absolute horror springing from the complete collapse of society.

The fact that it is set against a post-apocalyptic world has no bearing on any conspiracy theory. I’d recommend the book to anyone who loves someone, but with the same warning that the book-seller gave me when I purchased my copy; make sure you have some Prozac handy afterwards. It is a grim tale.

And, with respect to ATS, I doubt that Cormac McCarthy haunts these boards.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not the slightest bit surprised by the timing of this. You'd better believe the NWO is in the movie business. Their agenda appears to be to strike the fear of god (and they are the god they want us to fear) into us so they can then come to the rescue with their poisons or agenda. They're trying to impregnate visions of horror into our minds as part of their larger plan. Possibly it's simply to distract us from the real issues, like the theft of $14 trillion of American taxpayers' dollars.

Dean Haglund, actor in the TV series X-Files, said that most of their episodes were dictated to them by the CIA. Can you believe that? I certainly can. In fact, that was my suspicion all along because so many times we've seen one topic or another suddenly appear all over the media... in a sort of a blitz. Obviously these bombardments are choreographed by someone with deep pockets.

For example, right now we are being inundated with books and movies by Dan Brown (the Davinci Code, Angels and Demons). Mr. Brown is very wealthy and I've read that his family background is connected with the NWO cabal. I'm not saying that I know that to be a fact, because obviously I don't. But that speculation sure makes a lot of sense to me.

For the last few years it was the global warming swindle. Al Gore (the man who claims to have invented the internet), being the gerbil minded minion that he is, produced his garbage called "An Inconvenient Truth". They're playing with words (and having fun with it) because what they really meant was "A Convenient Lie". "Convenient" because it suits their agenda to tax us for the very air we breath.... the carbon tax swindle.

video.google.com...

This year and last, it's been the 2012 crap. You can bet they're really gonna ramp up the fear mongering about 2012 and Niburu and the "end of time"... all that bull shyte. And in 2013 they'll be laughing so hard at us peasants sucking our thumbs and peeing our pants that it'll take a year or two before they come up with the next item to swarm the populace with. I'm 59 and I can tell you, they've been doing this since I was a little kid. On second thought, they've been doing it for at least 300 years prior to my arrival. And quite honestly I'm sick and tired of it... other than the fact that the movies are super entertaining.

Who knows what their agenda really is? But rest assured... it's planned.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

The timing of this has to do with the fact that No Country was a critical and financial success (and a great film). When that happens, all of the options on the authors other works go into pre production.
Case in Point:

After the success of No Country, Imdb now lists these Cormac McCarthy based films as in some form of production:

The Road
Blood Meridian
Cities of the Plain.

I've read the first two and they deserve to be films, as did No Country.

This is most important however, the shots at the BEGINNING OF THE TRAILER, all the global warming shiznat, none of that is in the novel and, get this, isn't in the movie either! Those shots were created solely for their use in the trailer, and are actually stock footage. The producer, Weinstein, picked this trailer over another one without those shots, presumably because it draws in a larger audience.

The trailer is actually very distorting, Many of the lines of dialogue in the trailer are said to different characters than they have it appear and the role of the wife is quite different than is depicted.

This film will have nothing to do with the events of 2012. However, it will have everything to do with the aftermath of what is to come.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coincidence_theorist

Excellent points... and well taken. I gotta hand it to ya... you have one of the best avatars I've seen yet. That young Jones looks like a rebel if I've ever seen one? Where in the world did you get that pic? Excellent avatar...

new topics

top topics

join