It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 13, 2009 FOIA released documents show Major Banks were Nationalized Against their Will in Octobe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You won't see this on the MSM.

This is horrible! "if a capital infusion [nationalization] is not appealing, you should be aware your regulator will require it in any circumstance." Strongarm thugs!

These documents show that the Treasury Chief of Staff didn't even know who the "Big 9" were until the day of the meeting and had to ask around via email. So, then, how did they know they were in trouble? Answer - they didn't know they were in trouble and the banks were FORCED/THREATENED to take the government's money in exchange for preferred stock... THESE BANKS WERE NATIONALIZED!!!!!! (See also the document on handling the PR in case people started saying the word Nationalize).

"These documents show our government exercising unrestrained power over the private sector. Despite promises of transparency, the Obama administration tried to cover up the very existence of these smoking-gun documents. And the cover-up continues, as the Obama administration protects Timothy Geithner by withholding a key document about his role in this infamous bankers meeting," stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

Judicial Watch Forces Release of Bank Bailout Documents This not just an article. The documents are there as well.

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it forced the Obama administration to release documents about the October 13, 2008, Treasury Department meeting that coerced major banks to allow the government to take $250 billion equity stakes. Among the other news, the documents confirm former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson told the CEOs of nine major banks that they had no choice but to allow the government to take equity stakes in their institutions. The documents show Obama Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, FDIC Chairman Shelia Blair, and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke co-hosted the meeting with Paulson.

Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request about the bankers meeting on October 16, 2008. After months of stonewalling, a FOIA lawsuit was filed against the Obama Treasury Department on January 27, 2009. Incredibly, on February 4, Treasury responded it had no documents about the historic meeting. Pressure from Judicial Watch forced Treasury to reevaluate its response, which resulted in this document release last month.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yup. And Obama is not allowing banks to pay back the TARP funds they were forced to take plus interest, just so his regime can dictate conditions not normally under his control. The Obama brownshirts hypothesis is looking more and more likely as his plans come more into view. I just wonder if Pelosi and the rest of his peanut gallery are going to be able to continue to divert the public's attention when he starts collecting up people for his camps?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For those of you out there that will inevitably say this was GW Bush's regime, note that although it DID happen in Bush's administration, the same people are in control in Obama's administration (Obama's choice). Also, it was Obama's administration that LIED about not having any documents related to the October meeting.

Even with the release of these documents, Geithner's notes are heavily redacted to protect the guilty. So much for transparency.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
very good find. S&F

I heard few months ago that some smaller local banks were forced to take the money. this really stinks.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hrmmm..... Sounds to me like a prelude to something happening in the future.

I feel like we are living out a movie. Someone is putting the dominoes in place. So that when the crap hits the fan. The dominoes all fall in a controlled fashion.

I wish I had a crystal ball sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join