It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So here I am, minding my own business, having a look around the internet and I have the TV on in the background, I decide to do a bit of channel surfing and I stumble upon a movie called Pandemic.

as they go to commercial, they have the word Pandemic in bold letters in 3D accross a map of Australia, fades out to commercial and then returns.
each time it goes to a commercial break they show the image.

the other thing, they mention not to take Tamiflu because it does nothing, the virus is resistant.

I know TV stations like ratings, but this one just looks like it was placed to get us prepared for the coming flu season here in Australia.

Here is a picture of the TV showing the image as it goes to commercial.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
That is strange! Is the movie about a pandemic? What is the plot of the movie. Interesting, in this era of fear...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I only caught the last part of it, but basically it locked down Las Angeles and put martial law in place with the orders for no one to cross the barricade.
So some super virus was killing people and they magically came up with a vaccine and started giving it to people.

Part of the plot was that another flu medication was stolen and sold on the street the same way illegal drugs are.

At the end however it sounded like a lot of dribble about how everyone comes together and how nothing can defeat you when you work with the goverment and follow orders and work together.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Pandemics, killer viruses, apocalypse by disease - All have been part of popular culture for years.

It's no conspiracy - maybe just a bit of bad timing maybe.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I don't believe in coincidences, the entire plot from where I took an interest in it looked for all intents and purpose as a propoganda film giving people an idea of what to do when a pandemic takes place.
They even had a small malitia group who called the road blocks illegal and ran them which in turn made martial law be enacted.

I am a fan of popular movies as far as zombie, horror, sci fi ect...... so I know a little about how the themes of movies go and what is part of popular culture.

It looked more like a play book with elements of movie added in, rather than fictional movie with elements of truth.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm not the slightest bit surprised by the timing of this. You'd better believe the NWO is in the movie business. Their agenda appears to strike the fear of god (and they are the god they want us to fear) into us so they can then come to the rescue with their poisons or agenda. They're trying to impregnate visions of horror into our minds as part of their larger plan.

Dean Haglund, actor in the TV series X-Files said that most of their episodes were dictated to them by the CIA. Can you believe that? I certainly can. In fact, that was my suspicion all along because so many times we've seen one topic or another suddenly appear all over the media... in a sort of a blitz. Obviously that is choreographed by someone with deep pockets.

For example, right now we are being inundated with books and movies by Dan Brown (the Davinci Code, Angels and Demons). Mr. Brown is very wealthy and I've read that his family background is connected with the NWO cabal. I'm not saying that I know that to be a fact, because I don't. But that speculation sure makes a lot of sense to me.

For the last few years it was the global warming swindle. Al Gore (the man who claims to have invented the internet), being the gerbil minded minion that he is, produced his garbage called "An Inconvenient Truth". They're playing with words because what they really meant was "A Convenient Lie".

video.google.com...

This year and last, it's been the 2012 crap. I thing they're really gonna ramp up the fear mongering about 2012 and Niburu and the "end of time"... all that bull shyte. And in 2013 they'll be laughing so hard at us peasants that it'll take a year or two before they come up with the next item to swarm the populace with. I'm 59 and I can tell you, they've been doing this since I was a little kid and quite honestly I'm sick and tired of it.

Who knows what their agenda really is?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Merigold

I don't believe in coincidences, the entire plot from where I took an interest in it looked for all intents and purpose as a propoganda film giving people an idea of what to do when a pandemic takes place.

I completely agree. This was on last night in my home land (New Zealand) and this was one of the worst propaganda films I have ever seen.

The opening scene shows a couple of surfers on an Oz beach, as one is about to leave for LA. As they farewell, the camera pans to the dunes showing at least 8 dead birds in a small area, and also a dead dog! (
dog flu's coming next
). That's one lethal virus! The guy starts showing symptoms on the flight and within a few hours he's coughed up ton's of blood and Wham! Dead.

Now it starts getting interesting, on arrival in LAX, passengers find their mobile phones are jammed. When government agencies come aboard, passengers are told it's the governments right and it's for their own good. WTF!?

Of course, someone escapes quarantine to infect everyone. Also note, when passengers are quarantined, emphasis is put on the medication of Tamiflu to all passengers. More reinforcing in the media that Tamiflu should be compulsory if theres a risk of infection. BS. It will not stop you getting sick, but might reduce the duration of infection by roughly 1.3 days. Who knows what else it does, but I know Rumsfeld wouldn't care. He stands to make huge profit from the current swine flu, especially when everyones told it's some kind of neccessity. Tamiflu isn't the only antiviral, but you can gaurantee members of the elite, NWO, cabal, whatever you want to call them, are pushing Tamiflu.

Then as if to reinforce it's propaganda qualities, the one character who questions the government, is a private security agent (you know, like blackwater fame), middle aged man who comes off as an extremely sleazy loser, pretty much sexual harrassment to a young female. As if that's the typical profile of anyone who questions the government.

It's almost laughable if people wouldn't take this as reality.

I've only seen the first movie (it must be a mini-series) but I'm pretty sure it would work out that the government had the answer to everything. Hooray!! Vaccines for everyone!!

Coincidence that this movie is shown, right when media hysteria of swine flu is hyped to the max.
Yeah right. And "Swine" fly.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Let me guess. It was on the Sci Fi channel right?

They do these cheap movies in a week. They take things from the news that could have a sci fi spin on it and bingo bango you have a sci fi original.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

NO!!!
This was on our channel 3. One of our 3 main free to air channels.
And at the prime time spot of 8.30pm!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

It was made in 2007. It probably was aired to get ratings seeing as how the swine flu has become popular in the news.

24 did the same thing this past season with torture. Now that torture has become the focus of the media they decided to put Jack Bauer on trial for torturing suspects.

Whatever is popular with the public is what makes it onto the television. I remember after Jurassic Park was popular some scientist found a way that they could in fact clone dinosaurs. When that was announced Jurrasic Park seemed like it was being played on a loop.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I agree. It's big in the news, so why not get better viewing ratings and play a movie based on the most prominent news items.

But that doesn't take away the fact that it is unadulterated propaganda.

I was watching with my gf, got pissed off at the bit were the government agencies say that they blocked peoples mobiles for their own good, and because they had every right to. I told her, "I bet they'll promote Tamiflu at some point". Ha how predictable, sure enough.

Also I'd like to point out the way they portrayed the media in this movie. For some reason, the governers wanted to keep it secret that there was people infected (as if that happens, any hint of swine flu and it's BIG news). The media, were portrayed as extremely investigative, trying to find out what was going on, and being the conveyors of truth and justice, for the good of the people.

Now we all know, that is far, far from the reality of MSM.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"Carriers"

www.youtube.com...

This might be something worth checking out. Looks pretty creepy. Kind of neat the huge amounts of bleach they pour over everything they touch and the homemade plastic/duct tape virus prevention system.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I wouldn't call it propaganda.

Its an easy way to get ratings. People are interested in it. They want to see movies like this and will watch it.

You watched it right?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well, I havent seen all of it (there must be more parts), but I already know whats going to happen, so I won't watch the rest of it. I wanted to turn it off, but my gf was interested
so we had to watch it.

Well that depends on what you'd describe as propaganda. Have you seen it?

If their is a motive to create fear of a influenza outbreak, and to instill trust in all media and government sources for the solution (vaccines and anti-viral meds like Tamiflu), then I would consider it propaganda. These intentions, are obvious IMO.

prop·a·gan·da (prp-gnd)
n.
1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause
source

Do you believe that there are hidden motives in some movies?
Maybe I just look into stuff too much. I never used to, but some things just seem so logical and obvious.

After seeing the movie last night, a woman at my workplace decided she was going to purchase Tamiflu, even though she had no idea what it does. She was not sick, did not know anyone who was sick. That's what kind of effect these movies can have.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Australia has something to do with Zion some religious or cultish people believe it is Zion in the bible even though Zion has not yet been cleansed according to the bible. The following are parts of my own conspiracy theory.

HAB is a type of red algae and in the movie XXX they use a machine to kill called AHAB.

Red algae has domoic acid and saxitoxin that kills and causes amnesia and paralysis. There is no cure and can't be destroyed by freezing.

In the demented cultish anime Mnemosyne they say they will use the domoic acid from the red algae to help spread the 'seeing god' unlucky disease which is evil. They said that people would flee to Australia and places like Taiwan because that is where the birds will go and in the anime and bible it says the birds will be misleading (revelations).

In the Matrix they resembled parts of the bible because of the oracle who was turned out to be bad in the other films is like the False Prophet in the Bible and they have Neo resemble Christ for giving his life to save those of Zion and Zion is in the bible.

What inspired the matrix was the Occult series Ghost In The Shell and in the first movie the spontaneous life form of the net seems to really be satin or something evil (it is called the 'puppet master') and it tries to spread it's mark through the mostly cyborg person Motoko to spread more life forms on the net by combining with her. In their newer film Innocence they quote the bible and have it odd.

I have many more conspiracy theories. Dream Works is evil and owns Ghost in the Shell now, and in the anime Mnemosyne it tries to incorporate religious aspects and is evil. The main character appears good, but says she isn't. None of them are.

Mnemosyne includes a flower from hell that makes people paranoid. In Batman Begins they use a flower to induce fear and also try to spread it through water vapor like in Mnemosyne and the movie XXX. Shrek (Dream Works) also has a blue flower and may be a hint like other things.

I have more proof and conspiracy theories.

Oh, and someone thinks the following is true so if you choose to post it 5 times it would be funny to copy the bunny and put him on his way for world domination with it too. And warn of the world happening conspiracies with it to spread your own information or warnings to help people with what will happen in the future.
=D
=)

(\ _ /)
(='.'=) Copy and paste this Bunny
('')_('') into your profile to help him gain
world domination!
WHEN U R READING THIS DONT STOP OR
SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN! MY NAME IS
SUMMER I AM 15 YEARS OLD i have BLONDE
HAIR, MANY SCARS no NOSE OR EARS.. I
AM DEAD. IF U DONT COPY THIS JUST LIKE
FROM THE RING, COPY N POST THIS ON 5