It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If you define hell as a reality where freedom of expression and thought is regulated, judged and punished, then the news that a person in Australia faces 14 yrs imprisonment for posting via you tube alleged anti semitic words.

I have not viewed his words Iam afraid to.

Oh well freedom was once a thing taken for granted, but alas no more.

Its all over red rover.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yeah because being a racist bigot should be applauded...

I don't see why you think it's a bad thing charging a guy who filmed himself verbally abusing people minding their own business.

If he was just voicing his opinion I doubt there would be a problem, it's when you go out of your way to search out people just to abuse them, that's where the book should be thrown as hard and fast as possible.

[edit on 15/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hell is what you believe, so is Heaven.

I think we just have to try.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I don't see why you think it's a bad thing charging a guy who filmed himself verbally abusing people minding their own business.

If he was just voicing his opinion I doubt there would be a problem, it's when you go out of your way to search out people just to abuse them, that's where the book should be thrown as hard and fast as possible.

As stated in op I have not viewed u tube transgression.

What did he say?

Iam afraid to look , I can say anything I want about anyone.. but those who I cannot say anything about

This is HELL.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

This is HELL.

Don't you think that is a rather strong statement to make as long as you haven't even watched the video?

And it's not like I have any wish to hear this person and his racist rants, so I won't do a search for it. But it would be a good idea to post the video in your OP since you found the subject important enough to start a thread about it.

Just saying.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Well watch it before you judge it.

It might just change your stance on it...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I think the youtube video has been removed.

Here's an article about it:

A MAN who allegedly posted anti-semitic videos on the website YouTube has been charged with attempting to incite racial animosity and racial harassment.

Police said the 39-year-old Perth man is only the second person to be charged under racial vilification laws introduced by Western Australia's previous Labor Government four years ago.

A police spokesman said the man had been bailed ahead of a court appearance on the charge, which carries a maximum penalty of 14 years' jail.

He is understood to have been arrested by officers from WA's intelligence investigation unit yesterday, after posting video of himself making anti-Semitic comments in front of Perth's Bell Tower and a South Perth supermarket.

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for telling me that, without any link or sources I didn't know what video the OP was talking about or that it had been removed.

And this guy sounds like a really charming fellow... I doesn't bother me much that he is removed from the streets for a while. Sounds like he could use a timeout.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

YOU have the right to dislike or hate anyone you choose, it'll start with this then progress to even insulting anyone on the net will get you imprisoned. A very bad move indeed.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Here's the racial vilification law in more detail:

www.hreoc.gov.au...

Seems to spell it out quite clearly.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Research the meaning of semitic or semites! I read in a old high school students dictionary the meaning. SEMITIC means Afro Asiatic Language and Cultures consisting of Hebrew, arabic and ahmaric! So what does this mean, that people who use the term anti semitic dont even know the meaning of the word. The so Called jews Stole the African legacy a long time ago and the bible tells us this in revolution. People u need not just study these forums but study this garbage language we speak which is the lauguage of the witch! we dont even understand what we speak and say! I did not research the meaning of this word because of this post i was just studying words and this word happen to come up one day! If you are european or anybody i would advise a deeper study in ancient africans because we were the original people and alot of the answers u are looking for are held in the people who have been oppressed by everyone on this planet since we stated this experiment 6,000 years ago with adam and eve! Black people are the alpha and omega. Thats one of the biggest secrets being hidden from you! Jut do your research please u can find plenty answers in the hood! Smile

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by spitefulgod

Here's the racial vilification law in more detail:

www.hreoc.gov.au...

Seems to spell it out quite clearly.

Yes it does.

We are all doomed.

Imagine a world say in the year 1933 where those attacking German policies in public were arrested in Australia or England,these are the laws of dictators ,it takes away a very fundamental right of human beings...the right to say what you believe. (right or wrong)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Laws and punitive action wil do NOTHING to disipate the underlying issues of racial tensions.

In fact it will promote even more profound tensions of race issues.

The penalty of such a racist should be Mandatory Education and forced integrated sessions with the opposite race he misunderstands.

It is about being ignorant and lack of exposure to the individuals that make up a race.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

You're right, it will no doubt do anything to quell this mans hate.

Why are we doomed?

This case is only the second time this law has been used since it's inception, the first was thrown out of court.

So it's not like it's being abused or anything.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by FX44rice

You're right, it will no doubt do anything to quell this mans hate.

Why are we doomed?

This case is only the second time this law has been used since it's inception, the first was thrown out of court.

So it's not like it's being abused or anything.

The right to criticise is what has enabled dictators and despots to have such a short life span, we for Gods sake can criticise GOD.

We are not imprisoned for attacking God in Britain, USA, or Australia thank GOD.

But criticise some and .....

That is why we are now in HELL.

Think long and hard.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Applauded? Did you really need to take it to the opposite extreme? Are you in such a dualistic reality that you think there is only 1 sides to something, you can ever support or applaud it, or think the person needs to spend their life in jail?

I think racism is disgusting and ignorant, right up there with people who want to punish others for the things they say.

Whats bad is that saying something shouldn't be a crime in itself. If he is taking actions against others etc, then you have a case. Of which, those things are already illegal.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No I was just making a point.

Remember, the racist remarks aren't what got this guy arrested.

Read the article that I posted, it says he was arrested for trying to incite racial animosity and racial harassment.

Here is the difference from voicing an opinion to seeking out a certain race or group of people and harass them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

No I was just making a point.

Remember, the racist remarks aren't what got this guy arrested.

Read the article that I posted, it says he was arrested for trying to incite racial animosity and racial harassment.

Here is the difference from voicing an opinion to seeking out a certain race or group of people and harass them.

Ok, so then this asks the question - what kind of racist remark isn't considered to be "inciting racial animosity and racial harassment"? I would say that any racist remark is doing exactly that.

It sucks that I am having to defend this ignorant person, but that's the real price of freedom. It's just thought police is all it is. I'm sorry, but I'd rather live in a world where people learn how to deal with other peoples opinions and not be "offended" than live in a world where everyone is on pins and needles worried about if what they say might offend someone.

Are we going to start arresting people with non-mainstream opinions now? Afterall, if someone complains or doesn't like something, can't we just say - they are inciting animosity and harassment among those who believe otherwise.

Are we going to start arresting non-Christians who say god isn't real saying they are inciting animosity and harassment of those who believe in such things? Or how about the reverse of that, we start arresting Christians because their belief in god is inciting animosity and harassment among atheists.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Hi Conspire, do you have the original article/source.
I am in Australia and have heard nothing of the sort. Although I'd be interested to see that!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

We need to establish if you've seen the video in question.

If you have, then there is not a lot more I can say.

If you haven't seen the video then you're not seeing where he films himself at a shopping centre approaching people who he believes to be Jewish and racially abusing them.

This act alone is why he has been arrested.

This is why the racial vilification law was passed, to protect people from being directly attacked (verbally or physically).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join