It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google crash hits millions of internet users

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Google crash hits millions of internet users

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/google/5326243/Google-crash-hits-millions-of-internet-users.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ url]

Google's internet search engine crashed for several hours, leaving several million users unable to access the site because of a temporary fault.

The technical problem brought down not only the company's hugely popular home page but also affected Gmail, its email service.

Other companies who use Google to power their own websites' searches were also affected by the fault.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"It served as a potent reminder of society's growing dependence on the firm's technology.

People around the world reported a slowdown, and the subject became one of the day's most discussed on Twitter within the hour, with the phrase 'googlefail' as one of the most searched for terms."

Anyone notice a slow down, didnt even know it had happened until I read it on the above site?

Edit: to remove failed link.

[edit on 15/5/2009 by 0010110011101]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sorry, here is the working link.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Whilst trying to google the problem, I came to no avail.

Haha, just a joke, no I hadn't noticed any problems, beeen using Gmail to talk back and forth between my professors all day who had no, problems either.

I do have IE8 The new one or IE7 blasted awful with numbers, its the newest one I suppose.

Maybe otheres experienced such difficulties will SandF.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Didn't notice a thing here either... and all out sites rely on Google checkout and some clients on gmail... was googling like mad too and didn't notice any outtage..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I couldn't get onto ATS 'logged out' because it went into a strange 'google ad' loading(or not) loop.

I thought ATS was down so went to google some news and figured out what was going on..

I set it as my home page because it's fairly empty and quick loading,methinks I should have kept a spare yesterday.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yep, I noticed (if it was yesterday). I had just finished composing a long thread here on ATS that I neglected to copy over to word before I hit the preview button. Boy, was I ticked that it just froze and kept saying "transferring data from Google.com". My bad for not copying it over to word first though. After that happened, I tried several more times to load ATS unsuccessfully and just gave up. I haven't rewritten the thread yet either because I'm still ticked about it. Lol....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Man that happened with me three times this morning when I was posting links from the telegraph site. Luckily in the breaking news section, it only takes a couple of minutes to put the post back together again.

You've got interested in your thread now, get it up!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I wonder if its only certain regions that were affected, I have google as my homepage aswell and was having monumental problems with any websites yesterday, unbelievable slow down!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
I wonder if its only certain regions that were affected, I have google as my homepage aswell and was having monumental problems with any websites yesterday, unbelievable slow down!

I will keep saying this... Eric Schmidt is on the bilderberg board, it's unlikely that they're main gateway would be down unless it's intentional or an attack, they're up to something.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

That had crossed my mind too!

Has anyone noticed that ATS has been quieter than usual over the last 24 hours? Or am I just imagining it?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

I've been off here for a week due to comp problems but I thought that too..

Spitefulgod- I did not know that.. does it get anymore interesting than the little snippet you've just given me?

new topics

top topics

join