It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Leaked" U.F.O. Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hi.

I'd been thinking about all these claims of "leaked" UFO documents, such as the (relatively) recent (last year or before) "CARET" controversy. I usually regard these things with a significant degree of skepticism. Why? Because it doesn't seem very plausible that one could leak something like this and not get caught, and that it could spread easily and freely over the interwebs without raising some really serious eyebrows.

Take the CARET thing, for example: the documents were supposed to be "photocopies" of the originals. D you think that in a heavily secure military or government facility you could just toss classified documents -- and not just any classified documents but those holding what would likely be THE biggest secret in the entire WORLD, "even more secret than the H-bomb" if you believe that guy (can't remember who it was) that said that -- in a xerox and happily stroll on out with the copies in your pocket and not get caught? A facility like that would be secured with multiple layers of security and have special handling protocols all designed to prevent exactly this kind of thing from happening. And even if it did get out the moment it appeared on the interwebs you'd bet the government would be clamping down on that very, VERY hard. You can't just toss super-classified material out like that and not have a MAJOR reaction. Imagine someone "loosing" on the net the designs for all the nuke warheads in the US nuclear arsenal. That's the type of reaction this would get, at minimum (if this is even more secret and serious to the government than nuclear then the response would be even greater).

And the same goes for various other claims of leaked docs too.

So what's your thoughts on the matter?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mike3]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Prehaps things are leaked on purpose. As a test to how the public respond to such things. Slowly moving toward disclosure. Or prehaps that's just wishfull thinking.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

If you want to get the good oil on all the bogus leaked UFO docs, take a trip over to 'Reality Uncovered'. They have some impressive reading materials there that will really crack it all wide open for you as well as confirming most of your suspicions.

CARET, MJ12, SERPO etc....

IRM

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by mike3

If you want to get the good oil on all the bogus leaked UFO docs, take a trip over to 'Reality Uncovered'. They have some impressive reading materials there that will really crack it all wide open for you as well as confirming most of your suspicions.

CARET, MJ12, SERPO etc....

IRM

I'm not quite sure though as to what point they're trying to make. What do they think, if anything, the UFOs "really" are?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
To play devil's advocate, maybe someone leaked info out, and the Gov't just painted it as insane, such as in society you are labeled as nuts if you say aliens are visiting our planet...no one will believe your story anyways...And if the Gov't got caught covering up leaked material maybe that would make things worst, so maybe they just let things go, because society generally thinks there's no such thing as aliens in flying saucers. So some elaborate story will just sound like science fiction...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike3
I'm not quite sure though as to what point they're trying to make. What do they think, if anything, the UFOs "really" are?

CRITTERS

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think if such things exist than they can be leaked.

I mean, the government #s up a lot of things, there's no reason to suggest everything would be perfectly safe if they had alien technology. It could get out.

Look at the Rosenberg trials from the 40s. It eventually was proven that they leaked some nuclear secrets to the russians. And that was under tight wraps as well, although by that time the general public DID know about atomic weapons obviously.

Anything is possible

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

I think this is a cover-up of such a high and never before seen level that judging how the government deals with leaks is pointless. They probably will let anything short of physical evidence go and just discredit it and the source. Now if you sneak out with an alien weapon or something you can bet you will be dead or miles underground real quick.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

Perhaps one or two of the "leaked" ufo documents we've received are legitimate, but the most efficient way to spread disinformation is to leak fake files. It's likely most of these leaks did come from the government, but weren't leaked to us, they were fed to us.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by mike3

I think this is a cover-up of such a high and never before seen level that judging how the government deals with leaks is pointless. They probably will let anything short of physical evidence go and just discredit it and the source. Now if you sneak out with an alien weapon or something you can bet you will be dead or miles underground real quick.

Or keep a real live piece of crashed UFO buried in your house?

However some documents claim to have "technical" information about the UFO technology, e.g. "CARET", for example. If that was real, I don't see how merely "discrediting" the source would be "good" enough: it would be like if someone leaked some "technical" stuff about how nuke bombs work -- you can't just "discredit" the source and rest easy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

Ya i totally agree... Humans and human institutions are always going to be flawed and there will always be a breakdown of some sort. The government has power to manipulate and hide but as its been said you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cant fool all the people all the time.. Government is not an exact science so i would imagine that stuff can be leaked.. they cant watch everyone all the time (though theyre working on that) You can always get around rules.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mike3

I agree that these things were hoaxes or the leaker had no idea what he was reading (could have been someone else's work of fiction or a prop for a movie). Based on my experience with getting documents in and out of places it is easier to take the original than it is to take the original copy it and put the original back without getting noticed. Lifting a piece of papper from a file, desk or archive is not hard buttrying to make a copy is a million times harder.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainhack
reply to post by bommer09

Ya i totally agree... Humans and human institutions are always going to be flawed and there will always be a breakdown of some sort. The government has power to manipulate and hide but as its been said you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cant fool all the people all the time.. Government is not an exact science so i would imagine that stuff can be leaked.. they cant watch everyone all the time (though theyre working on that) You can always get around rules.

No, the security cannot be "perfect", but that does not mean that it can't be so darned good that it is for all practical purposes impossible to get the secrets out. The government wouldn't need to watch everyone all the time, just watch the bases and lockers containing the files. I would seriously doubt they'd have security lax enough to allow someone to toss highly classified documents, even more secure than nuclear weapon designs, in a xerox and make off with photocopies. It just doesn't make any real sense. Furthermore even if they do manage to get lucky and pull off a leak, they'd be in VERY deep trouble once they got caught. You think the government wouldn't notice that stuff spreading all over the interwebs? It'd be even bigger than the Rosenberg H-bomb stuff, you know.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by mike3]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't think there will be any kind of official disclosure in this country due to the fact that all UFO sesnsetive material is held by private "Skunk works" companies in this country. That frees the Government's hands when it comes to the Freedom of Informationn Act...www.examiner.com...

top topics

join