It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead People Being Sent Stimulus Checks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

This week, thousands of people are getting stimulus checks in the mail. The problem is that a lot of them are dead.
source full article

I found this rather interesting. Government incompetence at its finest.

The feds blame a rushed schedule, because all the checks have to be cut by June. The strange this is, some of the checks were made out to people -- like Romonini -- who were never even part of the Social Security system.

I've worked as a bookkeeper, it's not that hard a job. Why are people who obviously can't function in the position allowed to hold the job?

The government can't even be trusted to hire people capable of doing a simple bookkeeping job, why would anyone trust them to do anything else? They do stuff like this, day in and day out, and people keep asking for them to have more authority and more power. Why? They can't handle what they've got.

TA

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all, I mean Mickey Mouse was allowed to get a voter registration card.

Can't be sure if he voted or not

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I was sent my stimulus check a couple of weeks ago. However the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

It's one thing sending money to dead people but even worse when they send it to citizens living overseas. Who's economy are they stimulating? Geez! Talk about stupid!

IRM

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

So if a soldier who is station in Germany isn't entitled to the stimulous check because they live in Germany?

Exactly how much of that money we got do you think went to American owned products?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I have no problem with OS citizens getting a cheque... However it would be good if they could only cash it in person in a bank back in the homeland. I reiterate, the whole purpose of stimulus cheques is to stimulate the circulation of money in the mother country. Otherwise it's a completely pointless handout! Yes?

IRM

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yeah, i'm not exactly surprised either. What i can't fathom is why people want to give an entity as demonstrably incompetent as the government more control over their lives. It's like trusting a high school student to run a nuclear power plant. Nothing good can come of it. The government needs to be downsized, not expanded. Why people want more government is as much a mystery to me as the perplexing case of "who keeps giving M. Night Shyamalan money to make movies."

TA

[edit on 15-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My observant 15 year old son asked why did we get a stimulus check last year and not this year. I told his because Republicans care about everyone and Democrats only care about voter blocks...as in AARP members. His response....."Obama is wrong for that!" Good kid!

Classic quote from Rush Limbaugh on the issue today.

"Millions of stimulus checks sent to dead people? I'm not surprised. Obama's from Chicago. Dead people do all kinds of things in Chicago."

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Looks like Obama has a "Sixth Sense".........I pay dead people.

I wonder how many dead people voted for Obama in the election?

new topics

top topics

join