It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11 Religious Prophecies (& 9-11 in general...)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Heya all,

What's the big deal with 9-11? There seem to be quite a few people on this forum (and other forums) suggesting that the events of 9-11:

a.) Have been prophesied

OR

b.) are a sign of the apocalypse

OR

c.) Both.

I realise that every generation thinks it's pretty special and that it potentially lives in "the end times". Hell, Jesus' contemporaries thought they did. Same with folk from the medieval era. I guess it's a problem with vagaries in prophecy such as (*solemn voice*) "It will be a time of war and natural disaaaaasters!!" (I mean, what era DOESN'T have wars and natural disasters???) But I digress...

What I specifically fail to understand is... why 9-11? Why should 9-11 be considered a big deal from a religious perspective? 3000 people died. Yes, this is a tragedy for anyone who lost family or friends, but it's really not a huge event in religious terms, nor the history of civilisation. Why would St John's Revelation, or any other prophetic scripture, refer to 9-11 when there are so many other massive events in history which completely eclipse it?

The Irish Potato Famine in 1848 took a million souls. A drought in Gansu, China in 1920 led to the deaths of 20 million! A quarter of the population of Cambodia died under Pol Pot's oppression. The Black Death took a half of Europe to the grave!

In terms of disasters, 9-11 is pretty infinitesimal compared to these.

So, why the focus on 9-11? Is it because it happened in the United States? Does that make it somehow more significant? Do some people think that the United States has some major role in the events of the apocalypse, and that THIS is why 9-11 features in ancient prophecy?

*Or does the whole thing speak rather more loudly of a myopic and US-centric viewpoint, indicating that the bearer of said viewpoint really just needs to... get out more?

Thanks.

(*OK, that was a bit cheeky, but I meant it as a bit of fun.)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It is only because it was one of the few attacks on American soil, people of the USA, believe that an attack on here, is a sign of the apocaplypse merely because it's not a common event, say if you were in the middle east.

Or had a family member killed in a drug fight in Mexico. Cartel wise. It happens up here, but they've accepted it, and sing nice songs about it, advocating it.

It's blessed that, your city isn't on the verge of oblivion from rockets, but at the same time, it's good to remind yourself that it's possible, anything is in the realm of possibility, no matter how impossible it may sound.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
No idea if it was prophesied, but if it was, I'd look towards something that is a wake up call for some, and a spell for others. It made me look at the world twice for sure. Seemed to draw others(most) into a bloodlust.

So I would imagine it would be something which is symbolically speaking of that nature if it was. Kind of like maybe the a trumpet sounding or something, not sure.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Heya all,
What's the big deal with 9-11? There seem to be quite a few people on this forum (and other forums) suggesting that the events of 9-11:
a.) Have been prophesied
OR
b.) are a sign of the apocalypse
OR
c.) Both.
I realise that every generation thinks it's pretty special and that it potentially lives in "the end times". Hell, Jesus' contemporaries thought they did. Same with folk from the medieval era. I guess it's a problem with vagaries in prophecy such as (*solemn voice*) "It will be a time of war and natural disaaaaasters!!" (I mean, what era DOESN'T have wars and natural disasters???) But I digress...
What I specifically fail to understand is... why 9-11? Why should 9-11 be considered a big deal from a religious perspective? 3000 people died. Yes, this is a tragedy for anyone who lost family or friends, but it's really not a huge event in religious terms, nor the history of civilisation. Why would St John's Revelation, or any other prophetic scripture, refer to 9-11 when there are so many other massive events in history which completely eclipse it?
The Irish Potato Famine in 1848 took a million souls. A drought in Gansu, China in 1920 led to the deaths of 20 million! A quarter of the population of Cambodia died under Pol Pot's oppression. The Black Death took a half of Europe to the grave!
In terms of disasters, 9-11 is pretty infinitesimal compared to these.
So, why the focus on 9-11? Is it because it happened in the United States? Does that make it somehow more significant? Do some people think that the United States has some major role in the events of the apocalypse, and that THIS is why 9-11 features in ancient prophecy?
*Or does the whole thing speak rather more loudly of a myopic and US-centric viewpoint, indicating that the bearer of said viewpoint really just needs to... get out more?

Thanks.
(*OK, that was a bit cheeky, but I meant it as a bit of fun.)

The problem is that the end of the world has been expected by a number of different cultures for thousands of years.

Usually there seems to be a major disaster or disasters followed by a golden period or redemption.

but now why 9-11? Well..... It fits a prophecy nicely. Here it is.

Daniel 11-2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

9-11 fits this prophecy to a "T". Remember it's a vision given to a man who lived in the middle east in 500 BC. And Washington DC would make a great realm of Greece wouldn't it???

And as a followup look at Daniel 8. This realm of Greece was supposed to turn around and conquer 2 nations or kings in the middle east. The US conquering Afghanistan and Iraq fits the prophecy nicely.

All things considered Daniel is 3 for 3 over the past 8 years. And if you figure the odds that has to rank up there as being astronomical.

So as E.G Marshall used to say...Pleasent Dreams.
www.oldtimeradiofans.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Except the Persians never stirred up hate for the US. We did by over reacting and invading countries.

Also Osama Bin Laden wasn't Persian. It just doesn't fit on many levels when you critically look at the prophecy provided.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by ntech

Except the Persians never stirred up hate for the US. We did by over reacting and invading countries.

Also Osama Bin Laden wasn't Persian. It just doesn't fit on many levels when you critically look at the prophecy provided.

Hmmmm....History lesson. 1979. Jimmy Carter and the hostage crisis. The Iranian leaders since Khomeini have been pushing hate against the US for 30 years.

en.wikipedia.org...

2nd lesson..Daniel was supposedly written about 500BC. At that time "Persia" stretched from India to Eygpt. In fact the name "Persia" is just an obsolete term for the middle east. Osama would be considered Persian by the author of the prophecy.

And Saudi Arabia really fits the description of the nation that was richer than the rest.

And when 2500 year old end of the world prophesies go 3 for 3 well, I get nervous.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ntech]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by ntech

Hmmmm....History lesson. 1979. Jimmy Carter and the hostage crisis. The Iranian leaders since Khomeini have been pushing hate against the US for 30 years.

en.wikipedia.org...

2nd lesson..Daniel was supposedly written about 500BC. At that time "Persia" stretched from India to Eygpt. In fact the name "Persia" is just an obsolete term for the middle east. Osama would be considered Persian by the author of the prophecy.

And Saudi Arabia really fits the description of the nation that was richer than the rest.

And when 2500 year old end of the world prophesies go 3 for 3 well, I get nervous.

Yeah, but Iran was also a democratic nation in the 1950's until they tried to nationalize the oil fields and take them out of the hands of western companies. And then we put in a dictator for 30 years which is what lead to the 1979 incident.

Back and forth, back and forth and it will continue as long as people refuse to look at things from both sides. If half the truth is often the greatest lie, then you guarantee yourself a lie if you only look at things from your own perspective.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, there is other prophesies as well that indicate we're in the Christian endtimes. Which makes the example of Daniel earlier even more conerning

Other examples.

Matthew 24
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This was fulfilled in the 1900's. Using simple logic and Occam's Razor all that was needed to fulfill this prophecy was 1 person per nation/ethnic group. It merely needed modern technology and some Christian Missionaries to fulfill it.

Rebirth of the nation of Israel.
Ezekial 37 predicted the return of a nation of Israel. Anation of Jews has appeared in 1947. It is now 61 years old.

Which takes us to Matthew 24-34. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The end times have a time limit. The average lifetime of a human being born at around the time of 1948. Psalms 90 gives that as approximatly 70 to 80 years. It's running out of time.

And finally the curse of Hosea/curse of Malachi. To put it simply The book of Hosea is a prophecy about the offspring of Israel the person. In it he predicted that they would suffer a 2000 year top level Levitius 26 curse.
The days of Hosea 6-2 are a thousand years long each. Followed by a thousand year "day" of Jezreel. Meaning that while a number of bad things happen to the Jews in the end times they have to occur before the start of this day of Jezreel.

So when did the curse start? That's where Malachi comes in. The reason for the curse was the death of Elijah the prophet. Which Jesus Christ held was John the Baptist.

Combine the details of the curse with the Matthew 24 generation and you draw one conlusion. It all has to be over with by May of 2028 at the absolute latest.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
911 happened on our doorstep.
When a crime occurs, what happens.
The neighborhood is searched.
You don't go far to find conspirators unless it was
done by these random truck driver serial killers.

Never seen a religious 911 Prophecy only
about the Anti Christ and don't see anyone
faking levitation yet.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
911 happened on our doorstep.
When a crime occurs, what happens.
The neighborhood is searched.
You don't go far to find conspirators unless it was
done by these random truck driver serial killers.

Never seen a religious 911 Prophecy only
about the Anti Christ and don't see anyone
faking levitation yet.

Well, the news from that day indicates that all 19 hijackers were middle eastern. According to offical reports.

en.wikipedia.org...

On September 27, 2001, the FBI released photos of the 19 hijackers, along with information about the possible nationalities and aliases of many.[78] Fifteen of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon.[79] Mohamed Atta was the ringleader of the 19 hijackers.[80] The hijackers were well-educated, mature adults, whose belief systems were fully formed.

As for the levitation....Well I'm working on it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The 19 hijacker belief might be a phony as the ET belief.

ETs have nothing to do with religion.

So why should 911.

The grey people ETs hogwash and everything ET fantasy might be
from the 911 planers.

There is more at stake avoiding wireless power transmission getting
out into the science classes or in operation than GE cares to talk about.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Why 9-11?

Because it could be a sign. Thats why. For thousands of years various religions have warned of an Apocalypse coming to end the world and start a new one. Genesis 49 with it's reference to Shilo is an end time reference which must be around 4 thousand years old. When a 2500 year old end times prophecy suddenly goes 3 for 3 it's something to worry about. And combined with various other prophesies I have been looking into it appears that the end times are now.

It's like the movie Dante's Peak.
movies.yahoo.com...

The sesmic sensors are starting to go off. All things considered it would be time to hit the panic button. Only problem is that people have cried wolf about the end times so many times you couldn't be taken seriously about it.

Matthew 24 says that most people will be taken unawares by the end time.
Disaster will overtake them and many will suffer and die.

Of course I'm merely leaving notes in the internet predicting the future in the hope they survive the disaster and someone later realizes that someone knew the future. That OBama was the last President of the US. And that America forgot that they were subject to the compact of Leviticus 26. Which seems to be the crux of the matter. The end times are a winnowing process. Sifting the good from the bad. The wheat from the tares. Leading to a final sterlization of evil from the world.

So would you go to the barn or the bonfire?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ntech]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Why 9-11?

Because it could be a sign. Thats why. For thousands of years various religions have warned of an Apocalypse coming to end the world and start a new one. Genesis 49 with it's reference to Shilo is an end time reference which must be around 4 thousand years old. When a 2500 year old end times prophecy suddenly goes 3 for 3 it's something to worry about. And combined with various other prophesies I have been looking into it appears that the end times are now.

It's like the movie Dante's Peak.
movies.yahoo.com...

The sesmic sensors are starting to go off. All things considered it would be time to hit the panic button. Only problem is that people have cried wolf about the end times so many times you couldn't be taken seriously about it.

Matthew 24 says that most people will be taken unawares by the end time.
Disaster will overtake them and many will suffer and die.

Of course I'm merely leaving notes in the internet predicting the future in the hope they survive the disaster and someone later realizes that someone knew the future. That OBama was the last President of the US. And that America forgot that they were subject to the compact of Leviticus 26. Which seems to be the crux of the matter. The end times are a winnowing process. Sifting the good from the bad. The wheat from the tares. Leading to a final sterlization of evil from the world.

So would you go to the barn or the bonfire?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ntech]

This goes back to my point about about the many MANY disasters and atrocities over history which, to be quite honest, FAR exceed the deaths and devastation caused in 9-11.

So, again, why is 9-11 so important when we consider these other events in which many MORE people were "taken unawares" and who "suffered and died".

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Why is 9-11 so important? Ok. One more detail. It was the event that marked the opening of the first seal of Revelation.

To start with here is the verse from Revelation.
6-1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
6-2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Now how do I get from here to Daniel 11? To start with you need to use the concept "let the bible solve the bible". Ergo there is always another place in the bible that covers the same subject. The trick is to find it.

Now when I figured this out back in 2002 I was already aware of the Daniel 11-2 connection to 9-11. But it took several days of thought before I made the connection. It wasn't a simple connection between the two prophesies. It took a detour through a 3rd.

And here's how that worked. What's the problem with the 1st horseman?
Arrows. A bowman going to war is useless without arrows. So I thought "Where is the Arrows?". Then thought some more and found them. In 2nd Kings 13.

The point of the story? 4 arrows. 3 being victories in this king's war with Syria. Then I went looking at Daniel 11 and realized the following. The king of the south in this story is described as having 3 victories and a draw. And his first victory was Daniel 11-2.

Now compare that to what happen on 9-11. 3 jetliners impacted on 3 buildings. And the 4th wound up broken in a Pennsylvania farm field. The coincidence is striking isn't it?

So after some thought and considering the high strangeness that happened to me that year I could only draw one conclusion. 9-11-01 was the day that marked the opening of the first seal of Revelation.

The 2nd seal was opened when the US attacked Afghanistan on 10-7-01

The 3rd seal opened 11-2-01 and the fourth broke on 11-28-01. The fifth broke sometime in Feb of 2002. Leaving us in the gap between the 5th and 6th seal. The 5th seal seems to have started a lengthy ceremony with the saints. Which considering time flows at a different slower rate in heaven in the presence of God a 8 to 12 year pause would be possible.

I'm also expecting the 6th seal to open sometime in the next couple of years. And to correspond with Daniel 11-4 when it happens.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Very interesting. You've put a lot of thought into this. Thanks very much for your replies, dude.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Messiahs are supposed to know this stuff.

Even the false ones.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

You are off your rocker with your interpretation of the first 5 seals. The first seal or horseman is a reference to the anti-christ or false messiah. Notice later in revelation there is a man on a white horse with a sword coming from His mouth. This is Jesus Christ, the true Messiah. The false messiah being different has a bow instead of a sword. Also your interpretation of the saints in heaven are obsolite when reading the verse in John 3:13 "No man has accended into heaven except He who came from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in Heaven." No man enters heaven. We are meant for the earth. The saints will rule with Christ here on earth.... not in heaven. The saints will not resurrect until after the tribulation or 7th seal and 7th trumpet. You want some real prophecy for 9-11? Read this my friend....

Isaiah 30:25
"There will be on every high mountain and on every high hill
Rivers and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter,
When the TOWERS FALL."

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Just to make two lines . . .

What is the context of that verse?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by Locoman8

Just to make two lines . . .

What is the context of that verse?

God's rebellious children is the theme of this chapter. It represents the prophecy Isaiah gave explaining the fall of the Northern Kingdom but it can be a dual prophecy too like so many were. I'm just saying that this verse gives more of a clear prophecy that would fit with 9-11. Not saying it's true, but it can be.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by ntech

You are off your rocker with your interpretation of the first 5 seals. The first seal or horseman is a reference to the anti-christ or false messiah. Notice later in revelation there is a man on a white horse with a sword coming from His mouth. This is Jesus Christ, the true Messiah. The false messiah being different has a bow instead of a sword. Also your interpretation of the saints in heaven are obsolite when reading the verse in John 3:13 "No man has accended into heaven except He who came from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in Heaven." No man enters heaven. We are meant for the earth. The saints will rule with Christ here on earth.... not in heaven. The saints will not resurrect until after the tribulation or 7th seal and 7th trumpet. You want some real prophecy for 9-11? Read this my friend....

Isaiah 30:25
"There will be on every high mountain and on every high hill
Rivers and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter,
When the TOWERS FALL."

First off, you are taking John 3-13 out of context. That may have been true then and it still may be true now now but the thing to point out is that the prophesies of Revelation were to happen thousands of years later. Also Matthew 24-31 clearly indicate a time in the future when the elect will be gathered up. Also it is touched on with 1st Thessalonians 4-16 and 17.
This rapture thing is clearly predicted in the new testament. though they may comeback later after the fireworks are over.

As far as determining who or what the first horseman is I am going by the let the bible interpretate the bible method.

So to start with I believe that Daniel 11 is an alternate discription of the period of time covered by Revelation. It's a description of what happens on the earth While Revelation covers what happens in heaven. And gives commentary on the various nations and things that exist during the last 7 years of Daniel 9-27.

So for the first horseman I postulate this. It is a religion and a person. The religion is Islam and the person is Prince Abdullah now King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. Why? Because he fits the description of the 4th king. The one who is richer than the rest. And he is the leader of Sunni Islam. His nation provided the bulk of Al Qaeda financing. And most of the hijackers. When it came to fulfilling Daniel 11-2 and the 9-11 disaster Saudi Arabia did the most. Also consider the fact that the first horseman is an archer. And what is one of the claims of Islam? That it is the religion of Ishmael. And what is the things that Ishmael was to be noted for? He was a archer. And Genesis 16-12 says the following about him and his offspring.

And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

And it was also said that he would father a great nation. The caliphate or kingdom of the south in Daniel 11 would be that nation. As it was with the Ottoman empire.

As for the seals well, I reorded the dates as I saw the signs for them. To tell you more? You might actually believe my last post in this thread.

But it does make a interesting avatar doesn't it?

Think Angels and Demons and rotate it.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ntech]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join