It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Geithner says small banks can apply for TARP funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program will now be available to small and privately owned banks, according to numerous media reports Wednesday.
source

I'm sure they do want to make the funds available to the smaller banks. What better way to ensure a way to extort them? The bailouts are just a means for the government to muscle in and proceed to manipulate recipients. Hopefully, the smaller banks will realize that and say "thanks, but no thanks."

TA

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well "Thanks, but No thanks".

Will hear the reply of "You take it and you'll like it, then we'll own you".

"But we don't want it".

"Do you like your family".

"News Report: Small banks eagorily grab bailouts, citizens outraged!"

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yep, you're probably right, Republican08. I have heard of a few banks being blackmailed into taking the bailout money, i wouldn't put it past them to try it again.

TA

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's a good way, I admit, to create a conformity of all the banks into one. Its a process, you just have to get everyone to play ball.

If they don't, you'll take em down, and force them to play ball.

The US gov't has been flexing it's muscle corporation wise, very strong since the election. Noone seems to realize this, that this just all started.

Repub Dem doesn't matter, shts going down, and we don't seem like we're even trying to get up, well besides our hopes there, sky freakin high.

new topics

top topics

join