It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philip K. Dick's shortest short story ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here's the whole thing:

THE STORY TO END ALL STORIES
Written by Philip K. Dick for Harlan Ellison's anthology "Dangerous Visons"

In a hydrogen war ravaged society the nubile young women go down to a futuristic zoo and have sexual intercourse with various deformed and non-human life forms in the cages. In this particular account a woman who has been patched together out of the damaged bodies of several women has intercourse with an alien female, there in the cage, and later on the woman, by means of futuristic science, conceives. The infant is born, and she and the female in the cage fight over it to see who gets it. The human young woman wins and promptly eats the offspring, hair, teeth, toes and all. Just after she has finished she discovers that the offspring is God.

THE END.

[edit on 5/14/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ha! wtf? i love PKD's work and i hadn't seen this story. thanks for sharing this, although i'm still trying to figure out what he's saying. eating god?!?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I can vaguely remember reading this (or maybe it is a false memory
)...,but somehow I always attributed it it to a Philip Jose Farmer story, coming from his "Strange Relations" anthology. I guess the reason is that I associate PK Dick with fantastic science fiction, but not the Alien-Love scenes, whereas Philip Jose Farmer was my first introduction into Alien love, drool, drool ...

new topics

join