It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times-"A climate solution that's out of this world"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think it's great that legitimate, reputable publications are becoming more open minded with this type of content. You never know, get enough big names tossing ET speak around and eventually the populus starts to absorb it on some level...then it's no longer such a 'freaky thing' and people start opening up more. I think it's a start at least

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Well if you remember, that's already happened

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What a bunch of bologne! This shows what a whore MSM is - anything for publicity, or as a propaganda tool.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
These aliens will soon take their rightful place in the world. They can not hide it much longer. They must disclose or it will soon set off Global panic.

I'd like to see how they go about this. When the time comes they will have proof not just heresay.

Since the general public is in the dark on this issue it will need to be thoroughly explained to them and us believers, as well.

I cant wait to see what perception they will portray. It will be a scary day when this occurs.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There was a time in the 50s when there was so much being rumoured in print about UFOs and secret installations with aliens, that some politicians and celebrities were talking about getting to the root of it.

No matter how high profile people might be, circulating gossip filters down.

That was half a century ago, and no word from all of it.

Now newspapers struggle to keep on top of what people want to hear about.
The Net, TV, and magazines are full of UFO material again. And places like the NYTimes feel pressure to appear current and topical.

Personally I think the anticipated great disclosure is a pipe dream. Aside from classified military data of unidentified objects that militarys felt the need to keep under wraps, there is no substantiation of aliens or their vehicles anyone is hiding.

Things can be kept secret for decades. The most important story in history, that would require intensive input from so many scientists, military, academics, politicians everywhere, cannot be concealed easily.

Governments and academics are comprised of people who would be as dumbfounded or see personal gain with the knowledge of contact with other intelligences as anyone.

We are seeing here a distrust of governments combined much wishful thinking.

Mike

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is the only video I've seen that may show a UFO emitting something in to the air or atmosphere. Taken from a Police helicopter.

www.youtube.com...

I have a few close up photos, that accompany this video.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

We havent heard about it much before because all those who work at these complex's simply refuse to talk.

It's my understanding that it's not the government they fear but the Aliens. They dont tell their wives or mothers either.

It is different now. These things are not willing to hide anymore. There must be a disclosure when the timing is right.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I'm sure Obama was briefed by several alphabet agencies as to what our involvement in these areas is. However, I do not believe that he was told everything. To steal a line from "Independence Day"...plausible deniability.

I also believe that these alphabet agencies determine whether or not a sitting president is to be told or not, depending on the opinion of the one in office. Carter wasn't told as he had an interest in UFO's and, in my opinion, would have been the best chance in the last 40 years to disclose what we had. So, he wasn't told.

Regan was close with his speech where he made the statement about what we would do if the earth was attacked by extraterrestrials. Very odd to mention that in a speech.

Bush 41 absolutely knows as former head of the CIA. Clinton, I believe, was not told. Bush 43 knows as well.

This subject is the best kept secret in the higher eschelons of the government. Unless ET actually lands somewhere where there are a multitude of witnesses, this will never be publically disclosed no matter how many whistle blowers there are.

Look at it this way; It's clear there are strong corporate interests in our government and CIA. The CIA seems to spend more time roughing up Latin American politicians to get them to bow down for some rapacious corporation, than doing any leg work going after bad guys.

So you are some big hot-shot who makes sure the military gets billions. Who gets money from Energy Lobbyists and Defense contractors and Health Insurance Companies. All the really big concerns, enjoy the status quo.

If there were an actual UFO found, with Fusion or anti-matter energy, the ability to put up a force field, and perhaps some health technology -- would they share it? No. They might say national security, to the uber patriots that support this status quo -- but really, they can dribble out patents for decades, keep themselves wealthy and in power, and not give too much to the plebes.

Keeping any UFO tech and information, is too dang profitable for any powerful agency. Just based upon how Fascists and greedy corporatists think -- they'd never reveal a thing. It has nothing to do with "are we ready" or national security.

There are no threats but the ones that conveniently keep us protected by the wolves.

Really, I don't know one way or the other -- but I expect that they lie, because they lie about banking and reasons for war and everything else that makes a buck.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Quick Poll: If there really is governmental disclosure about ET presence on earth, who here thinks they will tell you the truth?

This is not about aliens, I'm just researching the people I could possibly sell bridges to.

Government, and corporations, has constantly lied about everything all the time. At most what the populations of this world will get out of this is some sort of spin fitting into some sort of control freak agenda, imho.

I'm not a UFO skeptic, I think their presence is probable. Possibly even a historical constant. I just don't have the idea that an all knowing beneficial government, or religion for that matter, will just come out with a deep truth and help us deal with it. Where in history have they ever done that? No, they will lie, manipulate, fabricate, fearmonger, make economic bubbles and possibly even galactic wars and new age religions. What they will not do is tell the truth. Truth to these people is like garlic for a vampire: Ok in very small doses if you spit it out quickly.

I hate being so negative, but I honestly don't expect official disclosure worth believing. The truth will come out slowly, in small pieces, via whistleblowers, I suspect.

Given the known history of modern civilization, bluebeam is more probable than an honest disclosure. Who agrees with me?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

Yes, they probably wont tell the truth. But maybe it will open up the eyes of people a little more .. hopefully.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I mean to add that, from the CorpGov end -- of course there would be not disclosure.

From the alien end, I don't think there would be any disclosure until we had reached either an enlightened state, or a catastrophe (due to global warming or some other environmental catastrophe -- nuclear war for instance).

My own assumption is, that the Universe is full of advanced life. That they would be non-violent after a certain amount of advancement, because raw materials are no longer scarce, and because interstellar war is such a losing proposition -- you cannot defend a planet from a starship. Any culture that got past industrialization and nuclear weapons, without blowing itself up, would not be warlike.

So the reason we have not had contacts with aliens, is because, any sane policy towards primitives like ourselves, would be to NOT freak them out. We would either be begging them for cures to cancer, or blaming them for not curing cancer. Our development would stop, and some people would worship them, others would despise them, and yet others would where costumes and try to BE THEM.

Pat Robertson likes to tell you what G-d thinks -- he'd be telling you what the Grey Aliens think. Just a new shtick.

The SETI programs won't work -- because there would be an active embargo against us learning of other aliens. They have better tech than we have.

Likely, there is a look but don't touch policy. And lot's of aliens have manipulated life on earth like you might cultivate plants in your garden. I suspect that this is a major past time for advanced life, who got bored of video games a million years ago.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I think the PTB have been spoon feeding us for the last 50years or so. So your gradual disclosure has been happening right in front of our eyes. The acknowledgement of Extra Terrestrials, incredible technology and the exopolitics regarding their place in our lives is in my opinion right around the corner. Exciting times my friends.
The MSM is going to go through a renaisance of formatting and programming including a revitalization of newspapers when this happens. Sales are going to go through the roof.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Those aren't UFOs. Those are Nikola Tesla's patents in action some eighty more years after his death. That's nothing mroe than pure home-grown electrogravitic propulsion. No need for aliens. The government confiscated Tesla's most important work after his death... let's get it back into the hands of the public, as that great visionary and humanitarian would have wanted it.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

... these alphabet agencies determine whether or not a sitting president is to be told or not, depending on the opinion of the one in office. Carter wasn't told as he had an interest in UFO's and, in my opinion, would have been the best chance in the last 40 years to disclose what we had. So, he wasn't told.

This subject is the best kept secret in the higher eschelons of the government. Unless ET actually lands somewhere where there are a multitude of witnesses, this will never be publically disclosed no matter how many whistle blowers there are.

If there were an actual UFO found, with Fusion or anti-matter energy, the ability to put up a force field, and perhaps some health technology -- would they share it? No. They might say national security, to the uber patriots that support this status quo -- but really, they can dribble out patents for decades, keep themselves wealthy and in power, and not give too much to the plebes.

Keeping any UFO tech and information, is too dang profitable for any powerful agency. Just based upon how Fascists and greedy corporatists think -- they'd never reveal a thing. It has nothing to do with "are we ready" or national security.

Really, I don't know one way or the other -- but I expect that they lie, because they lie about banking and reasons for war and everything else that makes a buck.

I've said it many times. The atomic secrets were the biggest story of their day 1944-7. The Russians and the rest of the world knew the deep secret almost immediately.

All governments have lied since Day 1. They also, for the most part, have tell the truth. You can conceal some things, not everything.

The US often has had to struggle to maintain a semblance of control in the Middle East, Asia, elsewhere. Where was all the secret technology when it was most needed?

Sorry, this is all Net and popular fiction induced and conspiracy theory stretched to the limit. The real world isn't like a James Bond movie science fiction thriller. Real people operate in it. They talk and exchange information. Greed and power are at play when there's something new that is important or valuable.

Something that transforms all mankind so dramatically can't be just kept a secret. The knowledge would already manifest itself in a thousand ways and involve tens of thousands of men and women.

Aside from a few attention seekers and delusionals, easily dismissed, no one has come forward or used this hidden information in any way.

Some things are just wishful conspiracy theories. Millions talking about them and making references does not make them any more real.

Mike

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

I have this great little bridge near chicago. Almost unused. I could let you have it for say... ah, what the heck, 300k$. Interested?

On a more serious note: I don't think they've spoon fed us anything. If they know anything they have done their best to cover it up. If they found any techonology they did their best to cover it up, back engineer, give to corporate sphere and lose track of it. If they found any aliens they did their best to cover it up. If they didn't do any of the above they lied through their teeth to cover something else up (things like like nuclear testing on american soldiers and the unsafe procedures in handling nuclear waste in area 51 or population control or chemtrails or haarp or who knows what). .

I will however agree that things will happen and that it will be exciting times. But, please, be wary of the slight of hand. For the good of our evolution. We need to get closer to truth.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anyone expecting disclosure is kidding themselves, this is the government we're talking about. All we might see is the declassification of old UFO files similar to the UK's release of files.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'm going to go ahead and pass on the bridge. But I am going to stick to my guns on the gradual release "Spoonfeeding" of information to the masses. Can you imagine in 1947 when the Roswell crash occured, if they came out and said we're being visited by extraterrestrials on a daily basis and theres nothing we can do about it? The cold war was heating up and technology was the key to winning; of course their going to cover it up. They wanted all of the good toys for themselves. But, they knew they couldn't hide it forever so theres been a gradual release of extraterrestrial concepts over the years and it does seem to be ramping up. Have you ever noticed that when the Military is asked to investigate a sighting their canned response is "the military does not investigate ufo's"? I'll bet they investigate, track, and posses alien spacecraft though.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If magnetic zero point energy is needed, why not an x-prize for it? This site itself could find a sponser and set up a competition.

There are plenty of rich people out there that if approached correctly might sponser such a competition.

I don't feel that ET will give up his secrets easily, maybe we should just bypass his involvement.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker

I'm going to go ahead and pass on the bridge. But I am going to stick to my guns on the gradual release "Spoonfeeding" of information to the masses. Can you imagine in 1947 when the Roswell crash occured, if they came out and said we're being visited by extraterrestrials on a daily basis and theres nothing we can do about it? The cold war was heating up and technology was the key to winning; of course their going to cover it up. They wanted all of the good toys for themselves. But, they knew they couldn't hide it forever so theres been a gradual release of extraterrestrial concepts over the years and it does seem to be ramping up. Have you ever noticed that when the Military is asked to investigate a sighting their canned response is "the military does not investigate ufo's"? I'll bet they investigate, track, and posses alien spacecraft though.

There's as much evidence of this as the US military coming into possession of the Ark of the Covenant. They find the means to tap into the Divine Power of the Universe. They slowly seep into the public consciousness the belief in a Supreme Deity's existence, and his eventual manifestation to all.

Billions of publications and websites talk around the existence of this Being and fantastic power.

The CIA/military industrial complex keep the discovered powers to themselves. Some presidents are informed, but keep tight-lipped. Note Pres Jimmy Carter's religious background. A gradual release, and so on.

Sound familiar?

But endless talk furthers the impression it is true. People make careers pushing the story. Zero evidence.

Millions find this stuff so attractive as it appeals to their sense of wonder along with authority distrust.

Mike

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

I honestly don't know. My intuition tells me that they observe some UFO's, see that they are not a military threat if not provoked, and use them as disinformation to cover up all the stuff they don't want us to know about. Possibly, higher up, they will try and pull a bluebeam on us. Time will tell.

I am, by default, skeptical of anything told to the mass mind, via the news system, as there is a track record there of emotional manipulation and mind control.

The only disclosure I would accept 100% would be from the aliens themselves, the start of diplomatic relations with other species in our cosmos. And even then I would take care to confirm that the cosmos is not really a shack in hollywood.

There's just an amazing amount of lieing going on at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join