It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA now the Axis of Evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just who in the world is the biggest threat to world peace? Who in the world is the biggest threat to personal freedoms and security?

GW Bush labeled Iran, Iraq and North Korea in his State of the Union Address in 2002 as the Axis of Evil because of there aid to terrorist and there drive to obtain weapons of mass destruction.

Here in 2009 who in the world by it's actions is the real Axis of Evil?

We have Invaded a country [Iraq] that was not a threat to us, nor did they attack us first, they did not have any WMD. We quickly changed our story that they needed a regime change because of atrocities done by Saddam Hussein.

We then used the very same prisons Saddam used to kill and torture people, to kill and torture people and even comment rape and we were so low we even sodomized children in front of there parents.

What say you?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You're making the same mistake Bush did, thinking in polarized terms, people do it all the time...

Good and Evil are very much dependent on perception and point of view, we like to think that they are absolutes because of the morality (often religious in basis) that we are taught...

America does some pretty "evil" things most of which the people don't even know about because we're kept bickering amongst ourselves and completely distracted while rich white guys with imperialistic greed go off creating suffering and such... But we cannot pretend that the entire nation is bad or that we are any worse than the terrorists...

Bush made a huge mistake by claiming righteousness in his war on terror, he actually believed God and morality was on his side, that's a dangerously polar line of thinking...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

We have some work to do until this country can truly be considered a force for good but I wouldn't call us an Axis of evil either...

Now all those rich imperialistic Elites who control the world, they are the real Axis of Evil, because they play both sides of the table, and whoever loses they win...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think the U.S. is more a spoke in the wheel of the axis. Which, I suppose is another way of saying that I thought the "Axis of Evil" label of GWB's was little more than another way to polarize the world -- basically saying "you're with us, or against us", and to me, that was and is the very last thing any forward-looking nation wants to project. It would've been more accurate for GWB to say that X, Y and Z nations are HIS axis of evil, rather than speak for the whole nation.

So many divisons and sub-divisions, even within a single country. When are we going to learn? ARE we going to learn?

Axis of evil: I realize that the term "axis" in this probably tends more towards a political parameter, however, I always wondered..... upon what central point does this axis turn?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes the U.S. is now absolutely 100% the seat of power of the axis of evil. Case closed /thread.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Just who in the world is the biggest threat to world peace? Who in the world is the biggest threat to personal freedoms and security?

GW Bush labeled Iran, Iraq and North Korea in his State of the Union Address in 2002 as the Axis of Evil because of there aid to terrorist and there drive to obtain weapons of mass destruction.

Here in 2009 who in the world by it's actions is the real Axis of Evil?

We have Invaded a country [Iraq] that was not a threat to us, nor did they attack us first, they did not have any WMD. We quickly changed our story that they needed a regime change because of atrocities done by Saddam Hussein.

We then used the very same prisons Saddam used to kill and torture people, to kill and torture people and even comment rape and we were so low we even sodomized children in front of there parents.

What say you?

America is a God fearing nation. We will never be an evil country.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well we are the great SATAN remember? Isn't that what they keep calling us?

Rome was hated in their day. Whomever is perceived as being on top has always been called evil or the Bad guy.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012_the_truth

We will be judged by our actions.

The Soviet Union was the Red Menace, and a threat to world peace. What have we become? The Soviet Union invaded countries that posed no threat to them. What have we done?

Many countries murder and torture, and we judge them as bad, we label them as Evil. We murder, rape and torture, we have also sodomized children, in the name of What??? Security?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Anyone who looks at the voter turn out can see that America is adrift without a tiller. Most Americans are so sick of their candidates they cannot even be goaded or shamed to the polls. And who can blame them when globalists/professional-liars are their only choices as candidates?

I think this virus issue is a great subconcious disconnect with the idea of 'colonization'. Even if people avoid the nature of the act, they will live by its tenets.

Now in the case of America, this "colonization" process of 1400-1900 AD happened first slowly, like drips of water, then steadily, then quickly, painfully and in a very violent way. Witness the final 19th century and the elimination of the guardians of this land, those who had cared for it for thousands of years. From Nauset to Modoc, these guardians were gone within a century.

Corporations/penal-colonies/indentured-workers were sent here or bribed to come here and work as human resources. Then in the 20th century, civilization+1 sprung up in America, and thanks to great wars, we became strong. But we have bled as a nation, to get here. We have fought great fights with natives, grey versus blue, and now politically and individually, we fight.

But there will be a spiritual level-up which happens in the next years and I am very hopeful that each human on Earth will see themselves as a temple, and treat themselves and each other, as such. But I ask you: What temple(s) do you respect? What kind of temple(s) do you love? Also, does your heart draw you toward temples of old which are now buried and rotted and old? What temple would you build for your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchild? Also, would there be a collection plate?

America is a temple, and it has had blood sacrifice spilled on its floors as have the older countries which sent their people and bloodlines here. America is a sacred stew, a mixing pot but which has been mixed for wonderful cohesion and goodness. Everyone who has put into this pot called America will reap a whirlwind of blessings, eventually.

It may take a little time for things to change, but on the whole of things, I am very positive in regards to the America I see in the future. That America of the future is whole and its people are not hated. Rather, all nations of the world are hurt and ashamed at humanity itself.

Eventually, many humans will improve themselves in spite of their national leaders. I am certain of this.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've come to question whether America as a whole was ever anything close to a benevolent force. It seems like after we ran out of land to steal from Native American Indians and Mexicans, we then went island grabbing. And now we have military presence in over 100 countries.

Most or all national governments have a greedy violence at their core and I don't think ours is any different.

I believe that Americans however are less evil than other countries as I really think we place a higher value on freedoms than people in other countries. I believe that Americans as individuals have a higher standard for freedoms. We are the 15th or so most free country in the world. And of course that is unacceptable. But I think the people at the top do not care about freedom and the attitude of our federal government is only a small notch above that of what the USSR was. Is our government evil? Yes. They regularly commit evil acts and are as careless with pointless war as the USSR was.

If the feds could get away with it from a PR standpoint they would have probably killed half the population of Iraq and congress would have not even cared. The US federal government is just not working for us any more and in fact they work against us. The people in charge here are career politicians working for the benefit of their career.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
Yes the U.S. is now absolutely 100% the seat of power of the axis of evil. Case closed /thread.

Yes.

The US was founded by Illuminated Freemasonic meat-heads as a base for their nefarious schemes.

However for every Great Evil, there is a counter-part Great Good and the 'last battalions' have not yet enjoined the battle royale and it is the job of Conspiracy Theorists to prepare the folk with a firm foundation in (previously hidden) Truth.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012_the_truth

You're being sarcastic right?
Please don't tell me you really believe what you're saying?
I can't even begin to address such naiveté.

peace

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yes many bad things has happened the last 10 years in America & the world.

But we can't forget that America is also very beautiful with soo many kind and awsome people with their heart in the right place.

I have enjoyed all my visits to America, meetings with friends and distant family there.

I have also stayed in families I barely knew, but was treated as a family member anyway.

Soo don't be too sad and depressed my friend, there are assholes everywhere in the world, even if the US seems to have quite many of them right now!

No guys! I haven't been to the US for a couple of years now, but when things get better I would love to visit your country and meet all the great & nice people again - if they let me in that is

That's why I get sad sometimes when I'm thinking how this world has become with all this trouble everywhere, the madness has to stop so that people can start living again and enjoy life with family & friends without all these worries!

Don't put yourself down too much, many people around the world also know that there are good people in the US as well!

Screw the fanatics on both sides, their terror will hopefully soon be over some day! - at least I hope so!

But one thing that is very sure, and that is that, we! need to find some way to unite with eachother across the pond and show a united front against TPTB.

And that my friends is our greatest challenge we have infront of us right now!

How the hell is that going to happen?
any suggestions?

'Cheers'!

top topics

join